Edrotar

sputum test...Anyone get xrays prior to St lukes exam to avoid delays

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was talking to my fiance and we talked about going ahead and getting a test done prior to the exam and interview. We don't expect any NOA2 notification till the end of September. The X-ray itself is very inexpensive and to have a doctor examine the xrays is also very inexpensive. So to avoid delays and to ease our minds, we was thinking of getting it done outside of the ST Lukes exam and just bring the xrays and exam documentation to St. Lukes when she is scheduled for the medical. Is this a good idea or should we just wait for the medical at St. Lukes?

Eddie

Yes we got x-rays done last week prior to my wife's medical at St. Luke's next Monday. Very inexpensive insurance to make sure all is well before she goes all the way to Manila for the medical since the majority of Filipinos have been exposed to TB at one point or another. We also had the doctor sign the x-rays to and included his business card with name and contact info too.

Dave and Grace

St. Luks's will look at your doctors x-ray for comparing purpose only. The x-ray St. Luke's takes is the only one that will count, as the conclusive and final.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

It is my opinion that if you're going to get CXRs and pulmonary exams early to avoid possible ptb problems at the SLEC exam, then do it >6 months in advance so that if scars or anything abnormal is detected treatment can be started and completed before an SLEC medical exam. Problem with that is that any other medical facility may show no scars or anything abnormal and you may go away thinking you'll be fine at the SLEC exam - and you may be. But it could also happen that SLEC may find something on the lungs that the other facility's CXR equipment did not and you will be in the same boat as anyone else who just found out at SLEC that there was suspicious spot or something on the lung.

But if 6-7 months ealry CXR and Pulmonary exam does show, then you can be treated and be done before the SLEC exam and then your worst case scenario would be 3 day sputum and culture waiting just the 2 months.

That's what I think, anyway.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

Yes we got x-rays done last week prior to my wife's medical at St. Luke's next Monday. Very inexpensive insurance to make sure all is well before she goes all the way to Manila for the medical since the majority of Filipinos have been exposed to TB at one point or another. We also had the doctor sign the x-rays to and included his business card with name and contact info too.

I surely hope it is not the case for you, but SLEC has been known to find things "suspicious" on their CXRs that did not show up on others. Again I hope this does not happen to you but I though I'd warn that with SLEC and the CXRs, anything can happen.

God bless in the exam and interview

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

As far as I know, yes, you can have her x-ray taken but it will be for comparison purposes only. St. Luke's will make the final judgement - with our without x-ray copies from your fiance.

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

We don't expect any NOA2 notification till the end of September.

Eddie

Not to be a "Negative Nancy", and it is true that typically things move faster in June/July than later in the year, but it was almost 5 months from NOA1 to NOA2 for us, having filed late August. Just saying your NOA2 might be in 3 months, might be a little later.

Along with the above comments, I wouldn't waste the time/money, unless you are fairly certain of her having TB and needing the 6 month treatment. I WOULD get the exam done as SOON as you get your MNL#, even before you receive anything from USEM (if you get anything at all; we didn't).

OTOH... just thinking about it... why not go to SLEC, and request the TB test via them, if you are willing to pay for it anyways? Then, if comes back positive, you are ahead of the game. If it comes back negative, then surely SLEC will accept their own results as proof a few months later when you get your NOA2. Or, even if they make you do it again, at least you KNOW she will be clear.

Timeline

Not to be a "Negative Nancy", and it is true that typically things move faster in June/July than later in the year, but it was almost 5 months from NOA1 to NOA2 for us, having filed late August. Just saying your NOA2 might be in 3 months, might be a little later.

Along with the above comments, I wouldn't waste the time/money, unless you are fairly certain of her having TB and needing the 6 month treatment. I WOULD get the exam done as SOON as you get your MNL#, even before you receive anything from USEM (if you get anything at all; we didn't).

OTOH... just thinking about it... why not go to SLEC, and request the TB test via them, if you are willing to pay for it anyways? Then, if comes back positive, you are ahead of the game. If it comes back negative, then surely SLEC will accept their own results as proof a few months later when you get your NOA2. Or, even if they make you do it again, at least you KNOW she will be clear.

You make a very good point about going to St.Luke and getting the test done. I wish she lived in Manila but she does not so her taking time off work and flying alone are two things that don't work for us. I have just been reading all the people who are delayed from this test and it worries both of us that maybe we should be proactive and not wait to find out that she needs treatment. When do you receive the MNL#? Once its forwarded to the NVC? Our timeline indicates that we should be getting our NOA2 in late Sept time frame..if it comes earlier then that is awesome. I would just love for her to be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas.:)We filed June 20, so to be done with this part of the process and have her here in the U.S. in less then 6months is a blessing.

We will be getting the test done where she lives in Valencia City, at least we will have a little peace of mind and be ahead of the game if anything was to show up. I really like your idea of going to Manila.

Timeline

Well just for my peace of mind I had my Fiancee go and see a Doctor in her Village and get Chest X-rays done for TB just in case.She went and all was well. Total cost for her was 500 or 600 Pesos. Now it is true St. Lukes is entirely different and their Equipment might be different, but I wanted her to do that for my peace of mind now.I didnt want her going to the Medical and the X-rays show TB although it still could happen.:blink: the Doctor there in her Village had a consultation with her and according to him all is good and she has her X-ray film.I think they want you to bring film if it is 3 Months or less. so heres just Hopeing! at least I feel better going forward.:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

I agree with southcalhog, for the little cost involved it gave me peace of mind.

You Bet!!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me too, i will start my sputum test on the 26th of this month, and waited for 2 months for the culture test thats why my interview on the 23rd of August was cancelled. I have done an xray one month before i received the notice letter because i have a cough then so i undergo an xray and they found out that my chest was normal. i am confident that my chest xray will be fine but unfortunately, i will be going to have a sputum test.. only SLEC will decide wether you are ok or not

Timeline

I have my chest x-ray result in my hand now, and the findings are all good..I am hoping and praying that by the time I will have my medical exam at st. luke soon, everything will be the same..

I was talking to my fiance and we talked about going ahead and getting a test done prior to the exam and interview. We don't expect any NOA2 notification till the end of September. The X-ray itself is very inexpensive and to have a doctor examine the xrays is also very inexpensive. So to avoid delays and to ease our minds, we was thinking of getting it done outside of the ST Lukes exam and just bring the xrays and exam documentation to St. Lukes when she is scheduled for the medical. Is this a good idea or should we just wait for the medical at St. Lukes?

Eddie

i may say...better first have an xray outside st. lukes just to make sure that nothing gonna have problem when the medical time comes.that's what i did :innocent::thumbs:

but when the medical time comes i did not bring my xray result :whistle:

Edited by therese828

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.