1 post in this topic

Hi! I just got a RFE for supporting docs for I864 and I need some help, pretty please!

My husband was a full-time student from Jan. 2009 to Sept. 2010. He finally received a job offer in April, 2011, to start a job in July (so he didn't work from Jan.2009 to June 2011).Because of that, he did not need to file the Income Tax Report. We filed the petition for my AOS late May and as requested at the I864 instructions, included all the evidence to show why he did not file his tax reports for the past 2 years (written explanation justifying exemption, letter of acceptance into grad school and graduation certificate). Still, we were sent a RFE repeating the exact same info we had and followed at the I864 instructions. At this point we don't know what they are asking for. I can't think of anything other than resending the documents we have already sent. Any insights on this matter?

Also, we included a copy of his job offer letter, letter from employer stating his salary and copy of the contract. And still were told our income did not meet the 125% of the poverty line. Now this I can understand, he hadn't started his job yet and we filled out part 7 of the I864 but did not include any evidence or proof of it. Which we will be doing now. They say that we can submit evidence of assets or get a joint sponsor. Since we are comfortably above the poverty line, we are submitting evidences (pay check copy, stub, letter from employer, bank letter). Do you think that might be a problem?

Thanks so much for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.