tonylovesam

WHAT IF questions...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess US em said that the medical should be done prior to the interview... is that correct?

What if...

there is something wrong with the medical results? Like for example they found out that I have to do sputum test, culture test, etc...

Is that mean I will have to cancel my scheduled interview because I still have to wait for the medical to be completely done (culture test results will be released within 2 months)?

I'm just wondering because I'm not from Manila and I dont want to make a lot of trips coming to Manila if there is something wrong with my medical.. My plan is to do the Medical towards the middle of August and do the interview towards the middle of September... do you think it's okay?? Or what if I do both medical and interview by September and they found out that there is something wrong with my medical... can I still proceed with my scheduled interview date even if I still have to go back to SLEC later?? I'm completely unsure of this stuff.. :unsure: need your :help: please...

Lot of thanks! :)

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

As far as I know, if you have to do sputum or anything that has something to do with your medical (providing that you won't be cleared before your interview), SLEC will rescheduled your interview. USEM won't let you have your interview without passing the medical.

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

In my case I have to really wait for my interview appointment date because me & my hubby needs my visa to be valid 'til December for some personal reason. And since I came from Mindanao I decided to take the medical exam 5 days before my interview date, with God's grace I passed the medical exam and was able to proceed to my interview. Now I have posted the same question before, "what if I have to do sputum test?". The reply that I got says that I can't get to my interview then until I passed the medical exam and St. Luke's will reschedule my interview. Most applicant here on VJ do advance medical exam the moment they have their NOA2, I think that's the best way to go if you don't have other things to consider. If you want to have accurate answers I suggest that you call or e-mail SLEC. Goodluck.

Timeline

In my case I have to really wait for my interview appointment date because me & my hubby needs my visa to be valid 'til December for some personal reason. And since I came from Mindanao I decided to take the medical exam 5 days before my interview date, with God's grace I passed the medical exam and was able to proceed to my interview. Now I have posted the same question before, "what if I have to do sputum test?". The reply that I got says that I can't get to my interview then until I passed the medical exam and St. Luke's will reschedule my interview. Most applicant here on VJ do advance medical exam the moment they have their NOA2, I think that's the best way to go if you don't have other things to consider. If you want to have accurate answers I suggest that you call or e-mail SLEC. Goodluck.

Thank you. Btw, I'm from Mindanao too-Iligan. :)

As far as I know, if you have to do sputum or anything that has something to do with your medical (providing that you won't be cleared before your interview), SLEC will rescheduled your interview. USEM won't let you have your interview without passing the medical.

Thank you for this helpful answer. :)

My K1 Visa Journey

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

proud of my family

I guess US em said that the medical should be done prior to the interview... is that correct?

What if...

there is something wrong with the medical results? Like for example they found out that I have to do sputum test, culture test, etc...

Is that mean I will have to cancel my scheduled interview because I still have to wait for the medical to be completely done (culture test results will be released within 2 months)?

I'm just wondering because I'm not from Manila and I dont want to make a lot of trips coming to Manila if there is something wrong with my medical.. My plan is to do the Medical towards the middle of August and do the interview towards the middle of September... do you think it's okay?? Or what if I do both medical and interview by September and they found out that there is something wrong with my medical... can I still proceed with my scheduled interview date even if I still have to go back to SLEC later?? I'm completely unsure of this stuff.. :unsure: need your :help: please...

Lot of thanks! :)

The problem with this process is that it builds a lot of paranoia and its so unhealthy. I was a victim of this!! To be honest, I could not enjoy the first few months of my marriage fully because we were too worried with my AOS. It's not good, it shouldn't be like that. There are too many what if's in life, and although I think its good that you should be covering all bases, I think that you should still hope for the best and not worry too much about something that hasn't happened (and might not even happen). If you do get a sputum test, it will suck, but it won't be the end of the world, and it's just something you'll have to deal with.. It's just another hurdle but it won't be the end of the world. :) Your plan is fine (Doing medical August, interview Sept or doing both in Sept.. I did everything in two weeks!) and no you can't proceed with your interview if you get the dreaded sputum test. As far as I know they will cancel and reschedule it for you...For now, just plan things like you would if you passed the medical. If you don't pass, then just have some extra money on hand because you'll need to stay there for three days and then go back after two months I think? I am sure it will all work out for you. :) Goodluck and God bless!!! :) For now, just make sure you are already gathering stuff needed like NBI clearance, BC, Cenomar, Passport that has 6 months or more validity and try to get a copy of your vaccine records if you can.. That way once you have your noa2, it will be smooth-sailing :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

mY WIFE JUST DID HER MEDICAL........thank god she passed, thats one reason she went ahead now for the medical in case something came up, the interview is in aug.good luck!!! btw she hated the shots !! :whistle:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

:thumbs:

The visa interview will be automatically cancelled by St. Luke's.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

The problem with this process is that it builds a lot of paranoia and its so unhealthy. I was a victim of this!! To be honest, I could not enjoy the first few months of my marriage fully because we were too worried with my AOS. It's not good, it shouldn't be like that. There are too many what if's in life, and although I think its good that you should be covering all bases, I think that you should still hope for the best and not worry too much about something that hasn't happened (and might not even happen). If you do get a sputum test, it will suck, but it won't be the end of the world, and it's just something you'll have to deal with.. It's just another hurdle but it won't be the end of the world. :) Your plan is fine (Doing medical August, interview Sept or doing both in Sept.. I did everything in two weeks!) and no you can't proceed with your interview if you get the dreaded sputum test. As far as I know they will cancel and reschedule it for you...For now, just plan things like you would if you passed the medical. If you don't pass, then just have some extra money on hand because you'll need to stay there for three days and then go back after two months I think? I am sure it will all work out for you. :) Goodluck and God bless!!! :) For now, just make sure you are already gathering stuff needed like NBI clearance, BC, Cenomar, Passport that has 6 months or more validity and try to get a copy of your vaccine records if you can.. That way once you have your noa2, it will be smooth-sailing :)

Thank you messybrownhair (Steph, I guess...)! :) Maybe I was just too paranoid about all of this stuff, I should have faith like what you said and like what my fiance always told me... God bless you too and good luck with the rest of your immigration nthing. Thank you. :)

My K1 Visa Journey

proud of my family

Timeline

Btw, all my docs for the medical and interview are ready now. :) And my case was already sent by the NVC to Manila US consulate. :)

My K1 Visa Journey

proud of my family

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

don't borrow troubles from tomorrow when today's burdens are all you need. To place your self in debt for tomorrow keeps you from enjoying the pleasures of today. Just enjoy, and take care of things. Be prepared, but do not worry over something which may or may not happen. Just know the routes you have to take, and the course. Be prepared if it should happen. Plan for the worst, expect the best. Somewhere in the middle where the two extrememes meet, is where you will rest. always borrowing tomorrow's problems, leaves you lot less to enjoy today.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

don't borrow troubles from tomorrow when today's burdens are all you need. To place your self in debt for tomorrow keeps you from enjoying the pleasures of today. Just enjoy, and take care of things. Be prepared, but do not worry over something which may or may not happen. Just know the routes you have to take, and the course. Be prepared if it should happen. Plan for the worst, expect the best. Somewhere in the middle where the two extrememes meet, is where you will rest. always borrowing tomorrow's problems, leaves you lot less to enjoy today.

Well Said....:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.