decker

B2 for the inlaws...SUCCESS!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So Linhs Mom and Dad have been here for a few weeks now. After the first failure and summary dismissal we went back to the Alaska Senators office and his assistant sent a letter. We got the standard explanation but she said try again and she would sent a another just before they went to interview. Behold...a B2 was issued from HCM. I about fell over.

Mom and Dad are enjoying their time here. It has been raining pretty steady and in the low 60's though. Mom is living in one of my down coats. We went to Denali park but could not see The Mountain or any mountains for that matter. Took them to the local hotsprings and to the schoolhouse down at Black Rapids. They can't get over all the free roaming animals and empty space. Dad is fixing all kinds of stuff I have not had the chance to. Of course they have been spoiling the kids especially our son who will not leave Ong Ngoai for any reason.

Pretty cool.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow that is awesome! Maybe I should start pushing my Senators to get me out of AP. Somehow, I don't think I will be as lucky as you though :(

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

NICCCEEEEE.

Why was it denied the first time?

My wife dad just got his passport done.

I am about to send a letter of invite to him for a B2 visa.

Any advise(s)?????

Her dad doesn't have strong ties economically.

However, my income and status in the working community is excellent.

I am hoping that I can sponsor him base on my "credit".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.