Markieboy

Locked Up Abroad

58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I LOVE Locked Up Abroad and I am sorry to report that the one on the Phillippines was THE WORST EPISODE BY FAR!!!!

The girl I think from what I remember only did a couple days in jail and then made bond and fled the country...

But on a good note there were at least 1 (maybe 2) other episodes from previous seasons in the Philippines that were EXCELLENT (I believe terrorist / kidnapping related)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIpAzHDjAU

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Hello everyone!

So I just finished watching Nat Geo's Locked Up Abroad Forbidden Love. Very interesting Philippine law: If your wife is impregnated by another man; technically, the baby belongs to you, the husband. DNA results, to prove paternity, are irrelevant in their courts of law.

I don't know...I suppose I'm on a different wavelength. But I think that is complete BS. Of course, I don't believe in extramarital relations. But a baby, born outside of marriage, belonging to someone who is NOT the father? This seems illogical, to me. :unsure:

What do you all think of the issue?

Great Law

Another great law in Philippines is "No Divorce" and No Child Support, that way it keeps a woman from getting pregnant and getting 18 years of child support from some poor sucker........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Timeline

i dont know nor do i care to know anything the FC of the PHILs. i try not to read #######.

i dont care if there is ever a law or an FC that ever makes a difference in your country. Its a no brainer

WOW, and you are marrying a Filipina??? I feel bad for her. You are not even married yet and you're already belittling her country.

I feel bad for her.

It's not a no-brainer law, every bill signed into law has been deliberated and studied upon carefully. The rationale behind the law is to protect the interest of the unborn/child, the law doesn't want the child to suffer the status of being an illegitimate child, as such is always frowned upon especially in Philippine setting, that's why the law creates this presumption that any baby born in a marriage is presumed to belong to that of the husband and the wife. The presumption is in favor of legitimacy not illegitimacy. This presumption, however is NEVER conclusive and irrebutable and may be overcome anytime by strong pieces of evidence to the contrary. And DNA evidence, contrary to what has been said here, is never irrelevant to Philippine courts disprove paternity. In fact, courts give high credence to DNA results to be conclusive as to paternity. There is no need to revise the family code as regards the matter, as i have said one can always disprove the alleged paternity. The absence of DNA Evidence at the time of the enactment of the Family code nothwithstanding, the presumption may be rebutted by other pieces of evidence which the family codes also provided for.

Let's not looked down upon the girl or the fact that she graduated in a good school in the Philippines yet committed the mistake. To err is human. Not every Filipina knows about all the 257 articles of the Family code, that's a hard thing to do. LOL! PEACE OUT! :)

VERY WELL SAID!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't see a real problem with this law beyond the complications that such a circumstance would cause. Is there any good way to handle a situation where a woman becomes pregnant from a man who isn't her husband? I know of an American family where some of the children had a different father and the husband raised those children as his own. Unless a married couple wish to dissolve the marriage because of infidelity, I don't see any more reasonable way but to have that child raised as a member of that family. Giving any custodial rights to the paternal father of the child would create all kinds of problems for that family, especially when there are siblings involved. IMO, dipping your oil stick into a married woman's engine doesn't automatically give you any potential custodial rights should the result bring forth a child. Even here in the U.S., having sex with a woman - married or single, doesn't necessarily give you custodial rights if a child is conceived. It's definitely a complicated issue that requires looking beyond the knee jerk, emotional responses.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

80% is really high. Its shows promiscuity and immoral behaviors of our fellow filipina. Where did you get this 80% data? I want to challenge your 80% data.. I still believe that we filipinas have morals and proper upbringing.

i read this information from the Phillipine Star Newspaper while in general santos.

i cannot produce a web link or anything for my quotes.

as much as i hate to say this about any human race but, poverty forces women to do unthinkable things.

this i have witnessed for myself.

even educated students and graduates are selling their bodies.

these girls may have been raised in a christian house hold with discipline and morals but poverty

changes this.

my wife is 32 years old we recently married.

most of her friends and coworkers younger than her have children out of wedlock.

i cant explain that, it was not my place to ask why they chose this route.

maybe they see its best to have a baby on their own than to be tied to one man for the rest of their lives.

5/24 submitted AOS

6/08 NOA

6/21 RFE

7/14 AOS Transfere

7/26 received biometrics appt. (8/15/2011)

8/15 BIOMETRICS COMPLETE

8/19 APPROVAL LETTER FOR EAD MAILED

8/22 EAD AND AP ARRIVED IN MAIL

8/31 AOS APPROVED

9/14 GREEN CARD ORDERED FOR PRODUCTION

9/17 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

my wife is 32 years old we recently married.

most of her friends and coworkers younger than her have children out of wedlock.

i cant explain that, it was not my place to ask why they chose this route.

Let Me Explain

In Philippines a man can have as many children as he wants with as many woman that he can find. Men do not have to pay child support or give any monetary support to any children that he helps to produce.

The girls in Philippines are swayed into having sexual relations with these guys, and once the girl gets pregnant they flee the scene or have little or nothing to do with her again.

Once a girl has a kid out of wedlock they are looked down on in Philippines culture cuz it's taboo

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Let Me Explain

In Philippines a man can have as many children as he wants with as many woman that he can find. Men do not have to pay child support or give any monetary support to any children that he helps to produce.

The girls in Philippines are swayed into having sexual relations with these guys, and once the girl gets pregnant they flee the scene or have little or nothing to do with her again.

Once a girl has a kid out of wedlock they are looked down on in Philippines culture cuz it's taboo

TABOOOOOOOOO!!

are you kidding me???? the single mothers that i know in the phils could care less of what anyone thinks of them.

thankfully the ones that i am aware of have jobs and still live with their parents. they are supporting themselves and their families.

just think of the unwed mothers who cannot support themselves.

thanks for the info but i didnt need this topic explained to me.

5/24 submitted AOS

6/08 NOA

6/21 RFE

7/14 AOS Transfere

8/15 BIOMETRICS COMPLETE

8/31 AOS APPROVED

9/17 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i read this information from the Phillipine Star Newspaper while in general santos.

i cannot produce a web link or anything for my quotes.

as much as i hate to say this about any human race but, poverty forces women to do unthinkable things.

this i have witnessed for myself.

Okay. I've just seen you've already answered my previous question. Please post stuff that can be verified, and not draw sweeping conclusions just because you've seen or witnessed it.

thanks.

Filed: Timeline

I would question the 80% figure, but I am sure the figure is still high.

For the US: Percent of all births to unmarried women: 41%

I found some references that state the Philippines is in the top ten percent for births out of wedlock. Several reasons could be offered for this. First, the lack of birth control and the lack of sex education. There seems to be a high percentage of late registered births where the parents may get married several years after the first child is born. Second, it appears many women still want to retain the ability to emigrate to other countries through marriage to a foreigner by keeping their single status.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found some references that state the Philippines is in the top ten percent for births out of wedlock. Several reasons could be offered for this. First, the lack of birth control and the lack of sex education. There seems to be a high percentage of late registered births where the parents may get married several years after the first child is born. Second, it appears many women still want to retain the ability to emigrate to other countries through marriage to a foreigner by keeping their single status.

I think tallcoolone tapped into another reason as well - the Philippine government doesn't seem to go after the men for child support and probably because custodial rights are automatically afforded to the mother.

Timeline

Okay. I've just seen you've already answered my previous question. Please post stuff that can be verified, and not draw sweeping conclusions just because you've seen or witnessed it.

thanks.

ahhhhh so i understand that you want facts provided by the phillipine govt.????????

what makes you think they will ever tell the truth???

most govt. officials in the phils say only what they are paid to say!!!!!!

this i have seen and experienced

much more reliable than any philippine agency statistic

5/24 submitted AOS

6/08 NOA

6/21 RFE

7/14 AOS Transfere

8/15 BIOMETRICS COMPLETE

8/31 AOS APPROVED

9/17 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

Timeline

I don't see a real problem with this law beyond the complications that such a circumstance would cause. Is there any good way to handle a situation where a woman becomes pregnant from a man who isn't her husband? I know of an American family where some of the children had a different father and the husband raised those children as his own. Unless a married couple wish to dissolve the marriage because of infidelity, I don't see any more reasonable way but to have that child raised as a member of that family. Giving any custodial rights to the paternal father of the child would create all kinds of problems for that family, especially when there are siblings involved. IMO, dipping your oil stick into a married woman's engine doesn't automatically give you any potential custodial rights should the result bring forth a child. Even here in the U.S., having sex with a woman - married or single, doesn't necessarily give you custodial rights if a child is conceived. It's definitely a complicated issue that requires looking beyond the knee jerk, emotional responses.

JESUS H. CHRIST

What rock did you crawl from under?????

in the US any man can fight for custodial rights of a child if he is proven by DNA that he is the pateranl father.

whether or not the woman is married or unmarried!!

5/24 submitted AOS

6/08 NOA

6/21 RFE

7/14 AOS Transfere

8/15 BIOMETRICS COMPLETE

8/31 AOS APPROVED

9/17 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

Timeline

thanks for helping me prove my case.

i love the philippines.

i think its a special place on earth..

i can still love the place and criticize its govt. and laws

5/24 submitted AOS

6/08 NOA

6/21 RFE

7/14 AOS Transfere

8/15 BIOMETRICS COMPLETE

8/31 AOS APPROVED

9/17 RECIEVED GREEN CARD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.