3,588 posts in this topic

OMG, am reading this and can't help but notice that am in the exact same boat, 8/19/2011 my i485 case was transfered and i was soooo confused, 9/7/2011 I got the letter of approval for the VAWA :) But my attorney is on leave for 2 months and i also recieve mails there for security reasons. As much as am confident her associates will let me know if any updates come through, am nervous that i might be called for the interview and miss it if they dont check my mails in time. I wanna try and keep calling to remind them to check the mail but I dont know how long it takes to get an interview... Does Anyone know how long it takes after the approval to get an interview?

CONGRATULATIONS ADELE.IAM HAPPY FOR YOU ,YOU WILL GET YOUR INTERVIEW LETTER ANYWHERE FROM 2-4 WEEKS .MINE WAS APPROVED AND TRANSFERRED 3 DAYS BEFORE YOURS AND MY INTERVIEW LETTER COME ON FRIDAY THE 9TH OF SEPTEMBER INTERVIEW IS NEXT MONTH.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Adele, congrats on your vawa approval!!! So many good news! Maybe lady can help you out with your question, but I would say around 2 months??! Do you mind sharing when did you apply? Thanks and good luck on your interview! :)

Edited by inpeace

nov 04 Went to interview by myself, told officer will aplly for vawa

11/04 I485 touched (still on initial review)

11/21 officer called lawyer about the I485 (btw: really nice IO)

12/10 apply for VAWA, without background check

12/11 lawyer drop off a copy of I360 for the IO

12/15 Prima faice received

12/18 sent background check, also sent a letter to IO asking to expedite the I485 to vermont to be linked with I360

12/31 I360 touched

08/04 Apply for EAD renew

08/18 receive NOA

08/26 new card ordered

08/31 new card ordered (again??)

09/01 notice of approval of I765... (where is my VAWA approval??? God help me...)

09/03 EAD arrived in the mail!! ufa!

10/03 Sent letter to renew prima facie and inquire about vawa status.

10/05 I360 touched- changed to "Request for evidence review" (WTH????)

11/27 Recieved prima facie extension

11/30 VAWA APPROVED!!!! yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii12/04 I360 Touched

12/22 Interview noticed for 01/23/12

12/26 Interview canceled by USCIS

12/31 New interview notice for 01/30/12

01/31/12 Interview and new biometrics done!!!

OMG, am reading this and can't help but notice that am in the exact same boat, 8/19/2011 my i485 case was transfered and i was soooo confused, 9/7/2011 I got the letter of approval for the VAWA :) But my attorney is on leave for 2 months and i also recieve mails there for security reasons. As much as am confident her associates will let me know if any updates come through, am nervous that i might be called for the interview and miss it if they dont check my mails in time. I wanna try and keep calling to remind them to check the mail but I dont know how long it takes to get an interview... Does Anyone know how long it takes after the approval to get an interview?

Adele, congratulations on your approval. I am so happy for you. :dance: :dance: :dance: You will get your interview date very soon, possibly for end of October 2011. Inpeace keep the faith, it's coming soon for you!!

On 09/09/11 I received a letter from NBC stating confirmation that my approved I360 has been joint with my old I485 and I will be notified by mail when a decision has been made on the I485. This letter was sent after my interview notice for next month. I am a bit confused. If I don't receive an I485 approval before my interview date then I will still go to the interview. I am wondering if I got this letter because I had already interview with my spouse, and was granted approved I130...My spouse has still not withdrawn his petition, and my divorce is still pending.

In all I just thank God for the way things are working out for me, and I pray speedy approval for all you my friends on this forum. We deserve to have smiles on our faces... :D:lol: :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Hello Adele , yes it is a big coincidence that we had our I485 transferred with only 6 days apart and that for security reason we have our mail sent to their office.

If your VAWA is deny , will they send the I485 to National Benefit Center too or they only do it when Vawa is approved? Like I said before I haven't received no RFE or intention to deny... This is so confusing. My attorney may be in vacations too because of the Holiday , I am just praying for quick news .

Congratulations, Adele! I'm very happy for you...

As inpeace mentioned earlier, could you please share your timeline on this forum? It would be very helpful for us....thank you!

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Congratulations, Adele! I'm very happy for you...

As inpeace mentioned earlier, could you please share your timeline on this forum? It would be very helpful for us....thank you!

Thanks for all your encouragement guys, its nice to have this kind of support because this process is VERY frustrating to say the least.

SO HERE IS MY TIME LINE...

After being married for 4yrs to a LPR and an approved i130, my ex-husband refused to file for Adj of Status and was very abusive to I decided to take the VAWA route...

12/9/2010 = filed VAWA, EAD and i485 together

1/31/2011 = did biometrics for i485 and EAD

2/16/2011 = received EAD and Prima Facie

DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING FOR USCIS AGAIN, no RFE, the case was always on "Initial Review" so this was the most frustrating part...

8/19/2011 = Transfer Notice for my i485 still nothing on my VAWA... Sooo confused

9/7/2011 = VAWA APPROVED 9 Months later!!!!!

TODAY....... Waiting for an interview letter and hoping it comes soon because I got my ticket to my country yesterday :)

Hello Adele , yes it is a big coincidence that we had our I485 transferred with only 6 days apart and that for security reason we have our mail sent to their office.

If your VAWA is deny , will they send the I485 to National Benefit Center too or they only do it when Vawa is approved? Like I said before I haven't received no RFE or intention to deny... This is so confusing. My attorney may be in vacations too because of the Holiday , I am just praying for quick news .

hey Anxious,

I don't think they would send it to NBC if it is denied :) My attorney basically told me that my VAWA was approved when i got the transfer letter even though I did not get the approval letter yet. An just like you i had not heard anything since I filled it; no RFEs or anything, it was always on "Initial Review" but that just means that you had everything they wanted, trust me, that approval letter is on the way :)

I have a question .I am scheduled for interview next month they requested for my husband's bith certificate how am I supposed to get it and what else can i take when applying for vawa I used copy of his passport and driver's license please help those wwho went for interviews through vawa what did you take thanks

hey Anxious,

I don't think they would send it to NBC if it is denied :) My attorney basically told me that my VAWA was approved when i got the transfer letter even though I did not get the approval letter yet. An just like you i had not heard anything since I filled it; no RFEs or anything, it was always on "Initial Review" but that just means that you had everything they wanted, trust me, that approval letter is on the way :)

My file was transfered. to NBC on August 18 and I still haven't heard anything about my I360.....I'm alittle worried.....everybody received approval notices right after, I didn't.....what do u guys think?

Filed Vawa(I360), I485, I131, I765: November 30, 2009

Receipts recieved: Dec 2, 2009

Recieved Prima Facie: December 8,2009

I360 Touched: December 9, 2009

Yulisa or anyone who has gone for interview or is scheduled for interview AOS I 485 based on vawa approval where you asked for form i 864 affidavit of support i thought this document is needed if my spouse was the one filing for my i 485 but in this case iam the self petition through vawa i need help guys iam going crazy with this list of things they need.

Yulisa or anyone who has gone for interview or is scheduled for interview AOS I 485 based on vawa approval where you asked for form i 864 affidavit of support i thought this document is needed if my spouse was the one filing for my i 485 but in this case iam the self petition through vawa i need help guys iam going crazy with this list of things they need.

Lady G, I still haven't received a letter......I'm so frustrated......

Filed Vawa(I360), I485, I131, I765: November 30, 2009

Receipts recieved: Dec 2, 2009

Recieved Prima Facie: December 8,2009

I360 Touched: December 9, 2009

Thank you, Adele! Very helpful...hope all of us who are waiting get our approvals soon..

Thanks for all your encouragement guys, its nice to have this kind of support because this process is VERY frustrating to say the least.

SO HERE IS MY TIME LINE...

After being married for 4yrs to a LPR and an approved i130, my ex-husband refused to file for Adj of Status and was very abusive to I decided to take the VAWA route...

12/9/2010 = filed VAWA, EAD and i485 together

1/31/2011 = did biometrics for i485 and EAD

2/16/2011 = received EAD and Prima Facie

DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING FOR USCIS AGAIN, no RFE, the case was always on "Initial Review" so this was the most frustrating part...

8/19/2011 = Transfer Notice for my i485 still nothing on my VAWA... Sooo confused

9/7/2011 = VAWA APPROVED 9 Months later!!!!!

TODAY....... Waiting for an interview letter and hoping it comes soon because I got my ticket to my country yesterday :)

Feb 18th 2011 - filed I360, I485 and I765

Feb 21st - receipt notice received

Feb 27th - prima facie received

March 18th - letter for biometrics appointment for April 15th

April 15th - biometrics appointment done

May 15th - EAD approved

May 20th - received EAD card

Sept 23rd - RFE received

Dec 14th - RFE response send

Feb 17th 2012 - filed for EAD renewal

Feb 23rd - received an email from USCIS: I360 APPROVED!!!

Feb 23rd - transferred my case to NBC

Feb 24th - receipt notice for EAD renewal

March 7th - RFE issued for EAD

March 13th - RFE response send

March 29th - EAD renewal approved

April 10th - received EAD card

Lady G, I still haven't received a letter......I'm so frustrated......

Hello Kymber I pray you are fine .I am okey just anxious as well with this interview thing ,by the way have you recieved the transfer notice? do u have access directly to your mail box,funny thing is that my vawa was approved almost a month ago and when i check online shows responce review to RFE i sent for good moral ,they havent changed to say the i 360 was approved.Be strong you have something good coming if it was denied they would have sent you mail or NOID all is well I strongly believe that .

I was asked for my husband's birth certificate when I apply for Vawa and since I could not get that one in a million chance the copy of his american passport worked!

I have a question .I am scheduled for interview next month they requested for my husband's bith certificate how am I supposed to get it and what else can i take when applying for vawa I used copy of his passport and driver's license please help those wwho went for interviews through vawa what did you take thanks

Thank you so much for your answer, this answer comforted me a lo. I haven't received a call from my attorney yet so I will wait like I said until Sep 15 to call.

Thank you again and wishing the best to all of us!!!

hey Anxious,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.