Wendy<3Ahmed

NVC: Cairo Embassy IR-1/CR-1

1,493 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Isn't the one to the Nvc the only one that needs that? I thought an updated one doesn't need any of that.

my wife kept a copy of the translated one that i sent to the NVC they didnt ask for it when she went to the interview but just to be in the safe side

Mina&Mariam

Filed: Timeline

yes bondoaaa it needs to be translated and you will need the stamp of " wezaret el garegia "

congrates for the visa,they didnot asked about any thing(only the medical exam.&personal photos with correct size) all the letters are (o,f,y) but w need to ask u what papers did u take with u to the interview?and did u translate it?which are copies & originals? thank u for the help

Timeline

Oh Oh Oh, I have sooooo much new information to share with you all. I think I might start a new topic called AFTER THE INTERVIEW. When I get a minute to share, I will definitely try to include all of the details about what I have learned thus far and what to do in certain situations...you all know I love to include all of the details.

The good news is that my husbands visa is with DHL as of today, so inshaAllah he is expecting it in hand in the next few days...Alhamdulillahi Rab al 3aalameen.

The fruits of patience are very sweet my friends.

Will post soon. Take care, hope everybody is well.

Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God. I am so happy for you. OMG I was so worried.

And how can you leave me hanging in suspense like this??? Tell me what you have learned pleeeeeease! lol

Congrats on the visa being issued.

I hope he has a quick easy flight and you can begin your lives together. God Bless

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I have a question or two...

There have only been a few men that got their visa within 2 weeks over the last 3 years.

I would like to know what evidence did they send with the 130 petition?

Also, I would like to know if having all the evidence that I have makes a difference.

Life insurance with egyptian as beneficiary

Health insurance for egyptian starting Jan 1, 2012

Credit cards in his name on my account that he uses and I use.

Joint bank account in Egypt

Changed my last name to his

Flat rental for 2 months in both our names in Alexandria

Mail to USA address in both our names

Magazine subscription to usa address in both our names

40 cards mailed to him from USA

10 cards mailed to me from Egypt

Of course the regular

phone bills

chats

daily webcam pics

Many photos with all his aunties and cousins and parents and siblings

emails and fb to and from his mother and sister

webcam with my family

So, I am curious is other people have all this co-mingling of resources and evidence and they still get AP?

And if the counselor looked at their evidence or if they sent this evidence with I-130?

I am starting to worry...interview in 3 weeks. Panic might set in soon. lol

Also, my teenage daughter and I will go to Egypt for the interview and stay in a flat with the husband.

Thank you for all replys, both good and bad will be appreciated.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Timeline

Oh Oh Oh, I have sooooo much new information to share with you all. I think I might start a new topic called AFTER THE INTERVIEW. When I get a minute to share, I will definitely try to include all of the details about what I have learned thus far and what to do in certain situations...you all know I love to include all of the details.

The good news is that my husbands visa is with DHL as of today, so inshaAllah he is expecting it in hand in the next few days...Alhamdulillahi Rab al 3aalameen.

good news iam happy for u

Timeline

Congrats!!! really happy for you... can't wait to read all those "details"... =)

I have a question or two...

There have only been a few men that got their visa within 2 weeks over the last 3 years.

I would like to know what evidence did they send with the 130 petition?

Also, I would like to know if having all the evidence that I have makes a difference.

Life insurance with egyptian as beneficiary

Health insurance for egyptian starting Jan 1, 2012

Credit cards in his name on my account that he uses and I use.

Joint bank account in Egypt

Changed my last name to his

Flat rental for 2 months in both our names in Alexandria

Mail to USA address in both our names

Magazine subscription to usa address in both our names

40 cards mailed to him from USA

10 cards mailed to me from Egypt

Of course the regular

phone bills

chats

daily webcam pics

Many photos with all his aunties and cousins and parents and siblings

emails and fb to and from his mother and sister

webcam with my family

So, I am curious is other people have all this co-mingling of resources and evidence and they still get AP?

And if the counselor looked at their evidence or if they sent this evidence with I-130?

I am starting to worry...interview in 3 weeks. Panic might set in soon. lol

Also, my teenage daughter and I will go to Egypt for the interview and stay in a flat with the husband.

Thank you for all replys, both good and bad will be appreciated.

I really believe that AP has little to do with the evidence brought in and way more about national security. I think that all the evidence in the world/co-mingling of assets will not affect whether a beneficiary (specifically the males) will get AP. The abundance of evidence is good during the interview and make the marriage more believable to the CO to allow the case to undergo the inevitable AP. Going through AP (in most cases) is a mandatory protocol under US government and not a decision that the CO makes. The CO approves your case (sends off to undergo AP in most cases for males) or just denies the case altogether (never get the chance for AP). Togetherforever13 has shown us through her nifty investigating skills that it's rare that a male coming from a middle eastern country (Egypt included here) will not undergo AP, although there are exceptions as she found, but these are the exception and not the rule.

So guys, don't fret so much about whether you'll undergo AP or not, because most likely you will if your husbands are the beneficiaries. Worry more about gathering all the necessary paperwork needed to convince the CO that your marriage is real enough to even pass through to the next level (which is the AP). Pray that the AP can be avoided but really, just pray that it goes through as quickly as possible. I know its hard not to fret and to always second-guess ourselves, but let's not raise our blood pressures about the sometimes inevitable. Good luck to everyone and I wish everyone a Happy New Year (full of visa progress)!!! :D Hang in there people!!!

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God. I am so happy for you. OMG I was so worried.

And how can you leave me hanging in suspense like this??? Tell me what you have learned pleeeeeease! lol

Congrats on the visa being issued.

I hope he has a quick easy flight and you can begin your lives together. God Bless

Yes i must agree!!! :lol: Waiting for the details :ot2:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.