greg584

HK packet 3

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My honey went to embassy in HK to pick up her packet 3 and I am worried something is missing. Just a little background first. She is from the Philippines, but she has worked in Bahrain from 01-03 and 04-06, and presently in HK from 08 until now.

The packet IS NOT asking for a GCC from Bahrain, which we had already requested 3 months ago, and due to the unrest there we advised a wait time of up to 18 weeks!

Also the packet DOES NOT ask for a medical from HK. She did need to get one when she first arrived in HK to work. Now I can maybe understand no request for GCC due to the unrest in Bahrain, but I am not too sure about the medical. I would not think that the US embassy would have access to her medical, or if HK would even allow this to be shared with the US. Besides, the medical would be 3 years old, which I would think is beyond an acceptable time range for her visa app.

After waiting this long for this process I am trying to avoid any further delays. As it is, the embassy originally mailed the packet over 2 weeks ago, and they sent it to the wrong address. The address had “block 2” typed on all our forms, but they sent it to “block c”. This was after first claiming that is was mailed on 25 May, and when we did not receive it they replied in a follow up email that they did not even have the forms from the NVC! Which was the first error on their part.

I know I can contact the embassy and ask about the forms, but I guess the real question is, and is ALWAYS stated here, just follow the directions and give them what they ask for. We are too close to completion on this now, and to avoid any delays is always a good thing.

Anything similar happen to anyone out there, or suggestions? Thanks.

Greg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Double check the US consulate website for Hong Kong. I can't imagine them not needing a medical exam for the beneficiary and I doubt that the exam for HK would be allowed as covering this. The website should list the locations that the consulate approved for the medical. You can also use the contact form to email the consulate and ask them specificially about the medical.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

It took a little more digging but I found it. They issue the Medical in packet 4. They schedule the interview in packet 4, and only then does the doc see the patient. Seems slightly out of sync to me, but it's almost over so more bending and less frustrating I guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.