10 posts in this topic

HELLO,

I called up the embassy earlier around afternoon phils time. I ask about my visa status. I had my interview last May 17, 2011. I passed all the necessary lacking documents. I'm F2b category. WHen i called the embassy they told me to send the approval opt out which I did pass coming from the states. Now, they want me to apply opt out again in DHS/MANILA embassy. I am from cebu, now I will go back to manila again for the approval of DHS manila. All I want is to have them approved. That's the only thing lacking so that they can give me a visa..They told me to write written request for the opt out and pass it to window 25. Why do they have to ask again I already wrote couple of years ago and it has been approved in the states..IN fact it has been approved. :help: :help: My mind is totally blank. Do you have an example format of the letter opt out.. please help.. Will be going back to manila on thursday.. thanks in advance. :no: :no: :no:

NOTE: IM NOT SO SURE WHERE I GOT THIS COPY BUT I KNOW I WIL NEED IT ONEDY FOR MY BROTHERS.

P.S. YOU MIGHT WANT TO ATTACH AND ACKNOWLDEGE IN YOUR LETTER THE OLD APPROVAL COPY.

---------------------------------

"DATE

ATTN: Officer-in-Charge

DHS/USCIS,

U.S. Embassy,

Manila, Philippines

RE: Section 6 of Child Status Protection Act (CSPA)

Dear Sir/ Madame:

I am the principal beneficiary of a family-based immigrant visa petition originally filed under F2B classification. Since the Sponsor, NAME, recently naturalized into American citizenship, it is to my understanding that the original F2B petition is automatically converted to the F1 category. But basing on the recent US State Department Visa Bulletin, this automatic conversion is disadvantageous in my particular case because of the significant retrogressed dates under F1(Philippines).

In relation to this, as the principal Beneficiary, I am respectfully requesting an exemption to this automatic conversion from F2B to F1 classification. I elect to retain my original F2B category as provided under Section 6 of the United States Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) or if the conversion has already occurred, to have it revoked.

I am enclosing here a copy of the following documents to prove my above-cited information:

1. Notice of Action: F2b Category

2. Certificate of Naturalization of Sponsor

3. Biographic page of my passport

4. NSO issued Cenomar

Herewith are the pertinent data related to the petition:

Name of Principal Applicant - NAME

Principal Applicant's Date of Birth - DATE

Name of Petitioner - NAME

Petitioner's Date of Birth - DATE

Case Number - MNL2002XXXXXX

I will be waiting for an acknowledgement of receipt and action with regards to this request from your good office.

Respectfully,

NAME

Principal Beneficiary

Address:

Email:"

Edited by griffin

*sigh*

i hope I can get my visa as soon as possible. Passed all the necessary documents. The last time I called the embassy they told me to pass the opt out coming from nvc and they told me to write written request which I did. Let me ask, how many days do I have to get a reply from them.. thanks.

thanks griffin.

• 4 weeks later...

still no visa.. i got approved june 23 f2b retention. they forwarded my notice of approval to immigrant visa section but until now, still no word from the visa section..

*sigh*

i hope I can get my visa as soon as possible. Passed all the necessary documents. The last time I called the embassy they told me to pass the opt out coming from nvc and they told me to write written request which I did. Let me ask, how many days do I have to get a reply from them.. thanks.

still no visa.. i got approved june 23 f2b retention. they forwarded my notice of approval to immigrant visa section but until now, still no word from the visa section..

Hello guys im new here. i just want enlightenment. my son and i was interviewed last may 19, 2011 and after the interview they ask me to provide some documents like recent photo of the petitioner holding latest newspaper, naturalization certificate, cenomar, retention letter, passport, etc,. now my question is... do i have to call the embassy to follow up our visa or do i have to wait for them to send a notice???? i don't know what do to next im a sitting duck.

did you email them?

Hello guys im new here. i just want enlightenment. my son and i was interviewed last may 19, 2011 and after the interview they ask me to provide some documents like recent photo of the petitioner holding latest newspaper, naturalization certificate, cenomar, retention letter, passport, etc,. now my question is... do i have to call the embassy to follow up our visa or do i have to wait for them to send a notice???? i don't know what do to next im a sitting duck.

did you email them?

not yet. i don't have any idea what to do. the officer at window #25 just instruct me to mail the required documents via 2GO and that's it. btw am i going to call the embassy for me to know if they have already approved my retention letter. where can i email them?

• 1 year later...

not yet. i don't have any idea what to do. the officer at window #25 just instruct me to mail the required documents via 2GO and that's it. btw am i going to call the embassy for me to know if they have already approved my retention letter. where can i email them?

hi guys!i need some help..i had my interview last august 17,2012.and it went well.the officer only asked me to submit a F2B RETENTION LETTER together with the other requirements such as certification of no marriage,petitioner's naturalization certificate,etc..my question is HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT for the approval of my f2b retention? will they send the approval back to me?and wait for the another step?? PLEASE HELP ME I'M CONFUSED!! :unsure:

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.