Know_Ledge

May Filers 2011 and problem with undeliverable mail

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone, this is my first time on here so please bear with me. I got married to my wonderful husband (USC) then filed paper work shortly after. Please see the list of events to date:

May 3 2011- Got married(USC) :-)

May 5 2011 - our lawyer filed forms:

I-130 PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE

I-485 ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

I-765- EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

May 16 2011- check cashed

May 19 2011- received 3 Notice of Action(NOA) Receipts

May 27 2011- Received NOA for biometrics appt on 06/08

May 27 2011- Case status said " On May 26, 2011, we sent you a notice of Request for Initial evidence of this case (I-485)". The other 2 status

said "case cannot be found at this time".

May 31 2011- Case Status for all forms said "On May 31, 2011, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on as undeliverable.

This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent".

June 1 2011- Called USCIS to report problem with case of notice delivery and this is where the frustration begins! The CSR, though polite, had little information on this case except for the case status. She said that they were not provided with the personal information so she was not able to tell me what address it was sent to and what the notice had requested. So she took, my name and address, made a request for the notice to be re-sent and told

me if i didn't get a response within 30 days i should call back.

Called the local post office supervisor immediately after to investigate why my mail was not left in my mail box, seeing that i had received

notices already and never had a problem with mail delivery before. Oh, the lady at USICS suggested I place my name on the inside of the mail box,

the supervisor suggested the same thing and asked me to call back the following day to see which mail person was sent out.

June 2, 2011- Called back the local P.O. and the supervisor told me that there a different mail person at that time, but he'll make a note not to forward any mail. GREAT!! Thanks for messing up my case!

June 2, 2011- Case Status for I-485 & I-765 said " On June 2, 2011, the post office returned the notice we last sent as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent".

I called USCIS again to report this, once again the CSR was of no help and told me that was a request was made already, they were not able to process another one and that any notice returned would be re-sent. This was not comforting at all, but i left it alone.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!! I'M SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED, CAN SOMEBODY HELP....PLEASE?!!

P.S. The mail that was returned to USCIS on June 2 was NOT the notice that was re-sent. Why am I getting so many notices?!

Any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks Guys

Confused and Worried :-(

AOS TIMELINE
05.03.11 - Got Married

05.05.11 - Filed I-485, I-130 and I-765
06.08.11 - Biometric Done
07.27.11 - Mailed RFE to Lee's Summit MO(Express)
08.04.11 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! YAY!!!
08.12.11 - EAD IN HAND!!! WOOHOO!!
09.16.11 - INTERVIEW(No Decision on Spot, IO wrote in Passport"CR6 A# I-485 pending IO (name) USCIS LNY Section 245"
10.26.11 - Stokes Interview at 26 Federal Plaza
10.27.11 - APPROVED!!! WOOHOO!! WHAT A JOURNEY!!
11.01.11 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
11.04.11 - GREEN CARD IN HAND

ROC TIMELINE

08.01.13 - Mailed ROC Packet to VSC

08.14.13 - Biometric Appointment Letter Received

09.03.13 - Biometric Completed

09.17.13 - Case Transferred to CSC

11.01.13 - CSC Transferred Case to Local Office to Schedule Interview

12.31.13 - Received Appointment Notice from Local Office (Long Island City). Interview on 01.16.14

01.16.14 - I-751 Interview

01.16.14 - Approved on Spot!! :-) Passport Stamped!

01.30.14 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

N400 TIMELINE

07.29.14 - Mailed N400 Packet to TX

08.05.14 - Case Received (Text message)

08.09.14 - Received I-797C

08.16.14 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter

08.29.14 - Biometric Appointment

02.17.15 - Interview - APPROVED

02.26.15 - Naturalization Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.