sheri

need help regarding I-131. please

1 post in this topic

greetings,

I am USC. on behalf of my brother i would like to ask for your help. he is an asylee. he wants to attend a religious teachings(we call it "Kalachakra") by His holiness 14th Dalai Lama from December 30th to January 10th, 2012 in India.(thousands of people will be attending). we first thought we had to apply green card then travel documents. So, he completed his immigration medicals and sent packet along with green card application(fee waiver).. we are just waiting... But we realized we could directly apply for refugee travel documents(without having to apply for green card), please correct us if we are wrong...

We would like to know if that could be done & estimate how long will it take to get his travel documents? Also is the filing fee $360 or $135? will he face problems re-entering US? If any of you have been in similar situations, any guidance will be appreciated.. It is very important for him to attend these teachings.

thank you and god bless.

p.s. No, his asylee is not from India, he is safe to travel to India.

Edited by sheri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.