Aly174

Silly mistake...have a quick question...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, so I find out today that NVC has reviewed all of our documents and according to the operator we are missing only 1 document needed for their final decision......brace yourselves...get ready for it.....our original marriage certificate!!!! Yes, in the midst of my obsessiveness in making sure everything else was in order I neglected that lil important piece of documentation :whistle:...I did send in the original packet with the original translation and authentication stamp from the Embassy..thinking we would take the original marriage certificate with us to the interview :unsure:

Anyway, for my question.....the operator said I don't have to wait to receive the email checklist and cover sheet that I can go ahead and send it in with a copy of the cover sheet from my IV packet...is this true? I really don't need the email requesting the information along with the checklist identifying it?? I am all for not waiting but just want to make sure so we don't end up with any additional problems..

Timeline

Ok, so I find out today that NVC has reviewed all of our documents and according to the operator we are missing only 1 document needed for their final decision......brace yourselves...get ready for it.....our original marriage certificate!!!! Yes, in the midst of my obsessiveness in making sure everything else was in order I neglected that lil important piece of documentation :whistle:...I did send in the original packet with the original translation and authentication stamp from the Embassy..thinking we would take the original marriage certificate with us to the interview :unsure:

Anyway, for my question.....the operator said I don't have to wait to receive the email checklist and cover sheet that I can go ahead and send it in with a copy of the cover sheet from my IV packet...is this true? I really don't need the email requesting the information along with the checklist identifying it?? I am all for not waiting but just want to make sure so we don't end up with any additional problems..

Aly,

its ok mr dear ometimes we all make those... OOOOOOPS moments... me included... I was in such a hurry I forgot to sign the G-325... whistling.gif.... anyways, I do not have a solid answer for you on what to do, but if I was in this similar situation, I would call again, and ask about this again. Just to be on the safe side, ya know? I have found a lot of times the NVC gives out conflicting answers, depending on who you talk to. Even I would go so far as to ask to speak with a supervisor, just to be on the safe side. Also I would get their name and employee number, just in case something did go wrong. Or you could simply wait for the checklist, then mail it in express. Maybe someone will come along that has experienced something of this nature, but if not maybe you could try my idea? Best wishes, and do not beat yourself up too bad about it, as I said we ALL make OOOOOPs moments! good.gif

Amber

Timeline

if im in your place i will wait just in case , its an original document u r sending so if they formaly did nt ask for it by sending u an email to resend it i will wait u dont want them to recieve it when they didnt ask f or it FORMALY just because a rep told u to send it doesnt mean it is the right choice they r very picky as u know by now . i would play it safe and wait just because its an orginal and if they lose it will take u more time to get another orginal i know it sucks but u dont wanna mess it up after all this waiting . good luck

Edited by marymina119

Mina&Mariam

Timeline

Thank you ladies..I had the same thoughts as you but just wanted reassurance...at any rate, when I got up this morning the email/checklist was there waiting in my inbox. Our marriage certificate is now safely on it's way to NH and will be delivered by noon tomorrow. Hoping the next correspondence we receive is to let us know our case has been completed and sent to the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.