NeedInfo3839

Egyptian Working In Saudi Arabia?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Ok so my fiance, Khalid, is from Egypt. But he currently works and stays in Saudi Arabia as a teacher. He only goes to Egypt for summer vacations, because he has to work the rest of the time. We plan to marry in Egypt, in summer 2012. After we marry, I will spend the summer in Egypt with him. Then return to the USA to continue working, and keep my apartment.

So.... After we marry, is his living/working in Saudi going to be a big problem during the filing process? Can I still file for him, even if he is living outside Egypt? I mean couldn't he just go to the U.S. embassy in Saudi?

We think its better that we marry, rather than getting a fiance visa, because I cannot visit him in Saudi, unless I am married to him (to enter Saudi, you either have to have a Saudi family sponsor, be employed by a Saudi there, or be married to someone who is).

Edited by MelissaLUVSKhalid

Hi all,

Ok so my fiance, Khalid, is from Egypt. But he currently works and stays in Saudi Arabia as a teacher. He only goes to Egypt for summer vacations, because he has to work the rest of the time. We plan to marry in Egypt, in summer 2012. After we marry, I will spend the summer in Egypt with him. Then return to the USA to continue working, and keep my apartment.

So.... After we marry, is his living/working in Saudi going to be a big problem during the filing process? Can I still file for him, even if he is living outside Egypt? I mean couldn't he just go to the U.S. embassy in Saudi?

We think its better that we marry, rather than getting a fiance visa, because I cannot visit him in Saudi, unless I am married to him (to enter Saudi, you either have to have a Saudi family sponsor, be employed by a Saudi there, or be married to someone who is).

Well I am an indian who was born and raised in saudi arabia. And I am going to have my interview in riyadh in july. I dont think its going to be a problem if he is living in saudi.He is got a decent job there. Good that you want to marry and then apply for the visa because mostly men from middle east and africa have to go through a lot of background checking and sometimes end up getting denied for a fiance visa with no valid reason...so its better to apply for IR-1.

You will have to show a lot of evidences for the ongoing relationship e.g. your number of trips visiting him and lots of photographs together and formal wedding photos etc.

Filed: Timeline

Well I am an indian who was born and raised in saudi arabia. And I am going to have my interview in riyadh in july. I dont think its going to be a problem if he is living in saudi.He is got a decent job there. Good that you want to marry and then apply for the visa because mostly men from middle east and africa have to go through a lot of background checking and sometimes end up getting denied for a fiance visa with no valid reason...so its better to apply for IR-1.

You will have to show a lot of evidences for the ongoing relationship e.g. your number of trips visiting him and lots of photographs together and formal wedding photos etc.

Hmmm, I am Christian and he is Muslim, so I don't know how a wedding ceremony would work, but we will be getting legally married like signing the papers. We might have a ceremony later in the USA, we haven't decided yet. But these days a lot of people are just doing the legal bit in Egypt, and not having a fancy wedding, especially if its cross-cultural. We might have like a party and invite his family and all, but again, I just don't know how a ceremony could go...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.