Bass

Lebanon interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello All,

My wife's interview is scheduled for May 26th. Any one with experience and/or advice for the Beirut, Lebanon embassy that can offer info is greatly appreciated. Experience with the interviewer, questions, atomosphere, whether or not they notify you immediatly of result, etc. Any and all info please!

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello All,

My wife's interview is scheduled for May 26th. Any one with experience and/or advice for the Beirut, Lebanon embassy that can offer info is greatly appreciated. Experience with the interviewer, questions, atomosphere, whether or not they notify you immediatly of result, etc. Any and all info please!

Hi,

I have been reading all the posts in this forum and found it very helpful and hope that people will continue to post their status and updates.

Here is my dilemma, hopefully it's not. I'm from the US and I recently got married in Cyprus to a wonderful man from Lebanon. He's never been to the US, but I have gone to visit him in Lebanon 3 times and we went to Cyprus when we got married. I plan on going back to Lebanon to visit him in November...unsure on how long this process will take to get him to the US but we miss each other so much. The trips are costly, but well worth it. You can place a monetary value on true love.

I'm filling out the I-130 which also requires the both of us to fill out the G-325A which is the Biographic information. I'm hoping to mail out the I-130 petition this week. I also noted the other documents that needs to accompany the I-130. However, the only thing that we can provide to prove our marriage is a bona fide marriage are affidavits from my friends and family and my spouse can provide affidavits from his friends. Unfortunately, his religion does not allow for him to marry outside of his religion so that is why we got married in Cyprus. His family does not know that we are married as this would lead to his family disowning him. I don't know if this will be an issue. Has anyone experienced this before? Since we live in 2 different countries, we don't have any joint properties, financial accounts, ect.

Since we both live in different countries, there are more challenges that I'm sure we will have to face. Unfortunately, middle eastern countries tend to be more harsh than others. Has anyone experienced this. If so, can you tell me your process on how you were successful with getting your spouse to the US?

Where did the interview take place with the consular? At the American Embassy?

Thank you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.