9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay I booked my medical today. My interview is on June 29th. Because it takes 3 business days for the medical results I had to book my medical on the 22nd which would mean a whole week in Montreal. With Friday the 24th being a holiday in Quebec (St. John Baptiste) I am screwed. So I have decided its cheaper to book two flights (one on the 22nd for medical) and fly home that day, continue working for 4 days, then fly back on the 28th to pick up results, stay the night and have interview next morning then fly home that day. Its a lot of travelling but La Tour Centreville wanted $833 for the week, plus food, cabs etc it is less expensive to fly twice. Just wanted to let people know who are booking medicals for the end of the month. Am I crazy or does this make sense to other people????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It makes sense to me, i am in kind of the same predicament. My interview is on the 27th, a monday so i'd have to come pick up the medicals on a Friday and then stay the weekend for the monday interview. i am thinking of travelling a couple of times, though it wont cost as much for me as i live in Ottawa, but anything i can do to save money i will. It is not going to be easy to pull off but always go with the more reasonable option.

Another thing you could do is have your medicals sent to you if you can reschedule to do them earlier. I guess it will generally cost less. I can also see there is a physician in vancouver you can use, will that not be cheaper for you.

Just suggestions, good luck.

z4ddbf876e4519.gif

Glitter Text Maker

Event Date

2010-08-06: I-130 Sent

2010-11-02: I-130 Transfered to TSC

2010-08-16: I-130 NOA1

2011-02-08: I-130 RFE

2011-02-21: I-130 RFE Sent

2011-03-01: I-130 Approved

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Hard copy Received

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Sent to NVC

NVC

2011-03-18: NVC Case #

2011-03-19: Sent OPTIN email and DS 261

2011-03-22: AOS fees appears as PAID

2011-03-23: Emailed AOS package

2011-03-28: Paid IV bill

2011-03-28: Sent IV supporting docs

2011-04-04: Resent IV and AOS packages

2011-04-19: Case reviewed, RFE

2011-05-06: SIF!!!

2011-05-09: CC email and confirmation from operator!

2011-05-13: My hubbys's Bday, great gift interview date throu email!!!:)

Med/Interview/POE

2011-05-25: Medical Medisys. Done.

2011-06-27: Interview *APPROVED!!!*

2011-07-13: Passport in hand.

2011-07-30: POE

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. Actually I looked at going to Vancouver. That would be ideal. However, I read what all they want for the medical. It entails getting a letter and report for every major surgery or hospitalization one has had. Well, just since the year 2000 I have had 14 surgeries!!! Not to mention all the ones previous to this, mostly all in Ontario. I couldn't even tell you the names of the Dr's let alone where they were. So that seems like I would be chasing down some form of paperwork. they want all the prognosis too. Well the fact that I am still here should show a good prognosis, don't ya think??? LOL

It makes sense to me, i am in kind of the same predicament. My interview is on the 27th, a monday so i'd have to come pick up the medicals on a Friday and then stay the weekend for the monday interview. i am thinking of travelling a couple of times, though it wont cost as much for me as i live in Ottawa, but anything i can do to save money i will. It is not going to be easy to pull off but always go with the more reasonable option.

Another thing you could do is have your medicals sent to you if you can reschedule to do them earlier. I guess it will generally cost less. I can also see there is a physician in vancouver you can use, will that not be cheaper for you.

Just suggestions, good luck.

Timeline

if you are looking for a cheap place to stay, the residences at McGill university are a good option. I have an interview on June 2nd and I'm flying in on the 1st but not leaving until the 3rd because of the way the flights worked out. It's going to be about $90 total for both nights...you can just go to their website to get info: http://www.mcgill.ca/students/housing/summer/bmh-rvc/ and it's only about a 10 minute walk to the consulate.

Timeline

Okay I booked my medical today. My interview is on June 29th. Because it takes 3 business days for the medical results I had to book my medical on the 22nd which would mean a whole week in Montreal. With Friday the 24th being a holiday in Quebec (St. John Baptiste) I am screwed. So I have decided its cheaper to book two flights (one on the 22nd for medical) and fly home that day, continue working for 4 days, then fly back on the 28th to pick up results, stay the night and have interview next morning then fly home that day. Its a lot of travelling but La Tour Centreville wanted $833 for the week, plus food, cabs etc it is less expensive to fly twice. Just wanted to let people know who are booking medicals for the end of the month. Am I crazy or does this make sense to other people????

Which Medical place are you using, Medisys Health Group or Dr. Howard Seiden? When I called to ask about processing times Seiden offices told me 2 business days.I live in the 'forgotten Northwestern ON' region and flying twice is as bad as staying a week. If you are losing hours of work though it makes sense to do the two...what a process!!!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

I am going to Medisys. I save about 500 by flying twice and then don't lose three days of work. I will be tired but always off on Thurs so can rest up.

Which Medical place are you using, Medisys Health Group or Dr. Howard Seiden? When I called to ask about processing times Seiden offices told me 2 business days.I live in the 'forgotten Northwestern ON' region and flying twice is as bad as staying a week. If you are losing hours of work though it makes sense to do the two...what a process!!!

Timeline

So...I am having the same problem as you, however if I wait to book my medical mid June with Seden assoc I can get one on the Monday for my Thursday Aug 25 appt., they only need 48 hours, that then means waiting to book flights/hotels. What is a girl to do!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Timeline

So you could book anytime between now and your interview. Congrats on teh interview by the way. I fly in to Montreal 4 weeks from tomorrow for my medical then fly back on the 28th to pick up results and have interview on 29th. It is going to be a whirlwind trip. Have my hotel booked for the one night. Now more nervous about finding my way from airport to medical and back. Will take my GPs for walking. I am hoping there will be other Vjers there on the 28th I can hook up with. Get on your bookings for flights etc. I went through Orbitz and got a great deal, pd in american dollars but worked out for Cdn dollars. Only 349.oo return in canadian dollars.

So...I am having the same problem as you, however if I wait to book my medical mid June with Seden assoc I can get one on the Monday for my Thursday Aug 25 appt., they only need 48 hours, that then means waiting to book flights/hotels. What is a girl to do!

Timeline

So you could book anytime between now and your interview. Congrats on teh interview by the way. I fly in to Montreal 4 weeks from tomorrow for my medical then fly back on the 28th to pick up results and have interview on 29th. It is going to be a whirlwind trip. Have my hotel booked for the one night. Now more nervous about finding my way from airport to medical and back. Will take my GPs for walking. I am hoping there will be other Vjers there on the 28th I can hook up with. Get on your bookings for flights etc. I went through Orbitz and got a great deal, pd in american dollars but worked out for Cdn dollars. Only 349.oo return in canadian dollars.

I opted to fly in to Toronto, spend a night, go to the medical and come home. I used airmiles and have a good rate on a hotel...just wish it wasnt'so complicated to get things done! So, my medical is on August 1st and my interview on August 23rd. For the interview Michael and I will fly out on the 22nd and stay till late evening or the next day after the interview...I have enough airmiles for that flight too. All in all I am happy to not spend 6 days in hotels while in Montreal.

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.