2,059 posts in this topic

Woohoo! Just checked in on the May team to see that me&him has progressed to the Embassy and Kat has been approved. Nice going, folks. I'm flying over to Florida in 11 days and then we're getting married in NYC on Feb 10th! I think I'm going to be just as confused about the gadgets and gizmos as Amy, Ray-j. When I was there last time I had to be shown how to use the washer!

Filed: Timeline

So many good things happening for the May Team!!! YAY!!! So happy for you Emma...keep on with the awesome vibes. Tolga has his interview in less than 2 weeks. He will be here the last week of January!!! I can't believe it myself! Happy times everybody...happy times!!!

Woohoo! Just checked in on the May team to see that me&him has progressed to the Embassy and Kat has been approved. Nice going, folks. I'm flying over to Florida in 11 days and then we're getting married in NYC on Feb 10th! I think I'm going to be just as confused about the gadgets and gizmos as Amy, Ray-j. When I was there last time I had to be shown how to use the washer!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Weh..........2000 plus on KAL????? WOW!!:o I didnt know it was that High???

hahaha yeah believe or not cebu to atlanta,ga one way on korean air. Lowest ive seen is 1,800 most are 2,000 + so she will most likely fly delta same route 1,162.00

Timeline

Have you tried local airlines to jump to another island first? Still on the way. It can bring it down substantially. My father uses that to fly his wife back from indonesia. There's also a travel agency I use at my company to fly employees to Asia called China Travel. They are in LA and might be able to find you options you might not be able to find on your own. Just a thought. And when a travel agent tickets the itinerary there is no issue with credit card at the airport.

Thanks Sabrina, I will check it out!:thumbs:

Yeah. I know I brought my ladies over during one of the busiest travel periods. Still, I paid just a little over 1,000 for Amy. Serena's ticket and the travel agent fees was what brought the total to what it came to. However, I consider it a small price to pay and worth every penny to have them here to ring in the new year with me. :thumbs:

You Right about that!!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

hahaha yeah believe or not cebu to atlanta,ga one way on korean air. Lowest ive seen is 1,800 most are 2,000 + so she will most likely fly delta same route 1,162.00

Weh Gods Willing my Honey will fly from Cebu also in the Future :innocent: So how did you get that price from Delta? Delta Flys from Cebu(Maclan Intl Airport)???? When will she Fly from Cebu???:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

So many good things happening for the May Team!!! YAY!!! So happy for you Emma...keep on with the awesome vibes. Tolga has his interview in less than 2 weeks. He will be here the last week of January!!! I can't believe it myself! Happy times everybody...happy times!!!

Congratulations Sabrina!!! I know your Honeys POE will be Atlanta-Hartfield, Airport??? Good Luck and Enjoy your time together! How is the lil one doing???:dance: :dance: :thumbs:

He He he! Good Luck Emma!!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Timeline

Hey Tom...yes Tolga will be doing his POE in Atlanta via Paris. Ironically he speaks no French and I do. But I cannot do this trip with him. My little princess is doing amazing. She is also crazy excited about Tolga coming. She's 6 and really bright. But she thinks when he comes, the baby will be soon to follow. She wants a little sister so bad she can't stand it. Gimme a minute kid! lol.

Wedding is on St. Patty's Day. So much to celebrate :)

How is everyone else doing? How are you Tom?

Congratulations Sabrina!!! I know your Honeys POE will be Atlanta-Hartfield, Airport??? Good Luck and Enjoy your time together! How is the lil one doing???:dance: :dance: :thumbs:

He He he! Good Luck Emma!!:thumbs:

Timeline

Hey Tom...yes Tolga will be doing his POE in Atlanta via Paris. Ironically he speaks no French and I do. But I cannot do this trip with him. My little princess is doing amazing. She is also crazy excited about Tolga coming. She's 6 and really bright. But she thinks when he comes, the baby will be soon to follow. She wants a little sister so bad she can't stand it. Gimme a minute kid! lol.

Wedding is on St. Patty's Day. So much to celebrate :)

How is everyone else doing? How are you Tom?

Do we get an Invite?????:thumbs: :thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Its really Amazing how we all Started this journey together and how God in his will put some things before us to make us Stronger! I am so Glad that most of us have completed the most important Step and that is to have our love one or ones with us. we complained and had patience and finally most of us have completed our goals. I love my May filer Family....ALL of US and although it is an Obstacle in our way temporary at this time I an very Happy to see the fruition of all our tolls and worry. All of US deserve Happiness! Way to go MAY Filers. :dance: :dance::thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Weh Gods Willing my Honey will fly from Cebu also in the Future :innocent: So how did you get that price from Delta? Delta Flys from Cebu(Maclan Intl Airport)???? When will she Fly from Cebu???:thumbs:

tom delta dont fly outta cebu but i got her yicket last night mnl to atlanta changing planes in nrt tokyo,japan i will get her ticket philippine airlines cebu to manila the day before she will stay with her cousin and go to airport in the morning mnl to atl on delta taxes included 875.00 pal ceb to mnl 30.00 heck lot better than korean air 2000 +

Timeline

tom delta dont fly outta cebu but i got her yicket last night mnl to atlanta changing planes in nrt tokyo,japan i will get her ticket philippine airlines cebu to manila the day before she will stay with her cousin and go to airport in the morning mnl to atl on delta taxes included 875.00 pal ceb to mnl 30.00 heck lot better than korean air 2000 +

So you got her ticket on PAL to Manila? What about the extra luggage fees, or what i mean is Overweight fees if any??? from Cebu to Manila??? Thanks for your reply! Did you get the Ticket from manila to Atl on their website??? or you said agent?:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So you got her ticket on PAL to Manila? What about the extra luggage fees, or what i mean is Overweight fees if any??? from Cebu to Manila??? Thanks for your reply! Did you get the Ticket from manila to Atl on their website??? or you said agent?:thumbs:

There are some advantages to paying a little more to fly Korean Air. I also looked at other airlines (Continental, for one) and KAL allows 2 checked bags where others may only allow 1. It all depends upon how much stuff your mahal has. Secondly, the taxes you pay won't cover the Philippine Emigration Departure tax or the Airport Use tax. Amy had to pay 1,620 pesos for her and 1,220 pesos for Serena in addition to the 750 peso Airport Use Tax before getting on the plane in Manila.

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

There are some advantages to paying a little more to fly Korean Air. I also looked at other airlines (Continental, for one) and KAL allows 2 checked bags where others may only allow 1. It all depends upon how much stuff your mahal has. Secondly, the taxes you pay won't cover the Philippine Emigration Departure tax or the Airport Use tax. Amy had to pay 1,620 pesos for her and 1,220 pesos for Serena in addition to the 750 peso Airport Use Tax before getting on the plane in Manila.

Wow...Yea Ray_J im thinking of having Mahal Ko travel here on KAL.She doesnt have to travel to Manila for connecting Flight just transfer in Seoul at Ichean.then on to LAX. My Plan is to go there between february -March for her interview. we havent gotten interview date yet. Also she wants to attend her BEST Friends wedding on March 28th. I told her time is of the essence now and she understand there is a remote posiblility she wont attend and shes fine with that. But for me going there? I have looked at all the Airline Websites and also contacted travel agents also and the best deal is KAL from LAX to Manila with transfer in Seoul South Korea, with a 14 hour layover in Seoul going there for 955.00 round trip. I dont want to stay that long in Seoul although Inchean is a fabulous Airlport but im leaning toward Philippine Airlines, direct Flight from LAX to Manila for 1,055.00!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow...Yea Ray_J im thinking of having Mahal Ko travel here on KAL.She doesnt have to travel to Manila for connecting Flight just transfer in Seoul at Ichean.then on to LAX. My Plan is to go there between february -March for her interview. we havent gotten interview date yet. Also she wants to attend her BEST Friends wedding on March 28th. I told her time is of the essence now and she understand there is a remote posiblility she wont attend and shes fine with that. But for me going there? I have looked at all the Airline Websites and also contacted travel agents also and the best deal is KAL from LAX to Manila with transfer in Seoul South Korea, with a 14 hour layover in Seoul going there for 955.00 round trip. I dont want to stay that long in Seoul although Inchean is a fabulous Airlport but im leaning toward Philippine Airlines, direct Flight from LAX to Manila for 1,055.00!:thumbs:

14 hours?!?!? Wow!! I would look into the possibility of other schedules on KAL. Both times I've been over there have been on KAL with only 2 hour layovers at ICN (Seoul). The first trip was from LAX, also. If that's not an option, then the extra $100 on PAL sounds like the way to go.

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

14 hours?!?!? Wow!! I would look into the possibility of other schedules on KAL. Both times I've been over there have been on KAL with only 2 hour layovers at ICN (Seoul). The first trip was from LAX, also. If that's not an option, then the extra $100 on PAL sounds like the way to go.

Thats What im thinking, the extra 100 seems like its a better deal time wise.Im taking off from work and my plan is to be there during the Interview.this unlike the previous trips is not pleasure but business, so that why im going there.Im only planning to stay a week because "IF" she gets her Visa I want to take off from work whenever she arrives here. I have 2 weeks saved and I get another 2 weeks in April.I didnt take a vacation at all in 2011.of course i took a day off here and there but not so many at one time. So it works out good for me.:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.