Waiting11

Change of address question!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there- I'm sure this might subject has been touched upon before but just wanting to clear things up. Back in Feb. I filled out a Change of Address form but never called to confirm. I just ran across the bit on the website with the phone numbers saying that we were suppose to fill out the online form AND call to confirm? Am I reading this correctly? Should I fill out another online form and go ahead and call? I've never received a confirmation in the mail for the change of address and I'm afraid this will affect the processing of the visa, I just hope I haven't missed anything in the mail either. Thanks in advance.

Definitely call ASAP and speak to someone. My husband (petitioner) called and spoke to someone at USCIS who did the change of address over the phone. A few days later, we received the confirmation letter in the mail at our new address in a new state and we even started getting notices about our case at the new address. This was back in October 2010. Regardless of us changing our address in the system and receiving mail from USCIS at our new address, I found out we had an interview appointment that we knew nothing about, scheduled in our old city and our case was transferred there. Just on a whim, I called and left a message for the director of the local USCIS in our old city one day just to check on our case because it had been months since our status online was updated. She called back and that's when, to my surprise, I was notified that we had an interview in the next 3 days. In another state. UNBELIEVABLE!!! She said that as far as she could see in her computer the address showing was our old one. Thought the systems were linked. I told her "but we're getting mail at our new address from USCIS. She was a bit puzzled, nevertheless, she changed the address in her computer and canceled the appointment. So she said, she forwarded our case to our current state's USCIS office. NO WORD. It has been over a month. If I didn't call my case would have been considered abandoned. No fault of ours. They don't care. Call and be sure to follow up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.