Paul Elizabeth

Medical at Knightsbridge, London

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just wanted to write about my medical at Knightsbridgeexperience in order to aid others who use this medical location.

I went to my medical on April 28 at Bentinck Mansions. I was due to go May 5,2011, but I phoned and got in earlier. I turned up half hour early. Checked inat reception, handed over my passport and vaccination evidence, and was given aquestionnaire to fill in, after a few minutes I handed it over, and was told totake a seat.

I waited and waited and waited some more. A family of five, and another coupleof people were in front of me. Initially, the family of five held things up somewhat.Eventually, I got called in for the x-ray, which was easy going, and then Itook another seat. I didn’t need to see the nurse as had all up-to-date vaccines.

I was next in line to see the Doctor, but the person already in took approx fortyfive minutes. I was told some clients had complications. Anyway, I eventuallygot called in.

I saw a female doctor who was very friendly. We sat down and went through my questionnairefrom US embassy website. I didn’t answer all the questions as needed someclarifications. She asked a few questions about what I want clarifying, and itwent smoothly. I handed over a note from my doctor regarding my asthma (I tookadvice from visa journey to cover existing illnesses). She then took my weightand height, I already had this done at boots, and was pretty much spot on. Ithen had an eye test, and since I wear glasses, she asked me a few times whatmy prescription was, but I wasn’t sure, and that turned out ok. I then wentonto the bed, took my clothes off to underwear, and covered myself with theblankets. She came into the area, checked my stomach, my genitals to make sureI was a male, and then did a testicle examination. At this point she gave me alecture on the importance of self checking. She then carried on checking mybody, noticed a slight birth toe deformity, which she wrote down on the medicalform for the embassy, but said don’t worry its ok. She checked my blood pressure,looked into my eyes and throat, and then did a reflex exam. She took someblood. Afterwards, I got dressed, we sat down again, and got the all clear

I went out, sat back down, was called up, and paid for my exam. £200 at thetime, now £210. I got my passport back, my vaccine details, and my doctor’snote, which they had copied. They told me the day they would send to theembassy. I was told I was clear unless blood or x-ray results showed anyproblems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.