quann

medical appointment

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

so my uncle got the hardcopy appointment letter, he confirmed the appointment date is may 24th...but the medical date is left blank. do we just bring the appointment letter to cho ray/iom and do the medical? or do we need to call the hospital first and set up an appointment.

my thinking was there would be a medical appointment date also, which is obviously wrong!

Edited by quann

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

so my uncle got the hardcopy appointment letter, he confirmed the appointment date is may 24th...but the medical date is left blank. do we just bring the appointment letter to cho ray/iom and do the medical? or do we need to call the hospital first and set up an appointment.

my thinking was there would be a medical appointment date also, which is obviously wrong! also where does vaccinations fit into all this? from the appointment package page the vaccs is step 1...and the med is step 2. so i should call to set up a med appt, while in the meantime try to get the vaccs in?

sorry double post long day at work meant to edit...went home and now have to figure if they'll travel to hcm by train or air.

Edited by quann

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

my thinking was there would be a medical appointment date also, which is obviously wrong!

Ours is blank under the medical date also.

2009:

2009-10-26 - Met online

2010:

03-19 - VN Trip 1: Officially met ::::::::: 07-19 - I-797C, NOA1 hardcopy received

04-14 - First proposal talk ::::::::::::::: 12-01 - I-129F Touched

04-19 - She accepts proposal :::::::::::::: 12-06 - I-129F USCIS email notification of RFE1

07-05 - Families' approval :::::::::::::::: 12-08 - VN Trip 2/I-129F RFE1 Received by attorney

07-06 - I-129F submitted (G-28, G-325A) ::: 12-10 - I-129F RFE1 Reply by attorney

07-13 - I-797C, NOA1 received USCIS (VSC) : 12-26 - Bought engagement ring

2011:

01-01 - Engagement Party Hue, VN :::::::::: 03-16 - DS-230 (Part I)/DS-2001 hand delivered to consulate

01-11 - I-129F USCIS email of RFE2 :::::::: 04-01 - Duplicate of P3 Instructions dated 2011-03-16 received by P

01-16 - I-129F RFE2 Received by attorney :: 04-26 - P4 picked up at consulate

01-20 - I-129F RFE2 Reply by attorney ::::: 05-04 - Beneficiary's medical exam and vaccinations completed

02-01 - I-129F USCIS email of RFE2 :::::::: 05-18 - Interview - Blue issued (missing Police Report)

02-15 - I-129F USCIS email of NOA2 mailed : 05-25 - Pink Received

02-17 - NVC Received/Processing ::::::::::: 06-03 - Pick up Visa

02-18 - NVC fwd docs to US Consulate HCMC : 07-05 - Beneficiary arrives in Dallas, Texas

02-19 - I-797C, NOA2 hardcopy received :::: 09-14 - Filed I-485, I-131, I-765

03-03 - Consulate received and sent P3 :::: 09-28 - I-485 NOA

03-15 - P3 mailed to B but undeliverable :: 10-20 - I-485 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Timeline

He will have to bring the appointment letter to go get the vaccinations first, and then do the medical exam. When he goes for the medical exam, his vaccination records will be added his medical exam results. He will need to bring the appointment letter to Cho Ray or IOM for the medical exam as well. Cho Ray does not do appointments, and I believe you don't need one for IOM. Cho Ray has a long wait time and usually people get in line from 6am. IOM has a short wait time. The only difference is IOM only accepts USD cash payments vs. Vietnamese Dong at Cho Ray. Just go into IOM when they are open, they are fast (both wait time to be seen and for your results). I would recommend IOM. The facility is cleaner, newer, and the staff are more professional.

Timeline

ok hfhi...we can do the vaccinations next week in saigon and do the medical after but are you sure about the medical not needing an appointment? that would be great but i did a VJ search on the matter and it seems like you might need to. good advice on the IOM, from reading the board they're more professional and nicer...that is our choice for the medical.

jerry you better get on it since ur interview date is before mine...from my search you should do everything to get the medical/results before the interview. would be a nightmare if you don't have it.

i just called IOM and they're closed for lunch...will try back in an hour.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

got through IOM (they have a vietnamese or english option...the english just hung up so i managed to navigate through the viet).

needed to make appt so i did...for may 12th (planning to get the vaccines on 9th or 11th). they took down my fiancee name and phone number...i asked if they needed the case # but lady with northern accent said no. told me to bring passport, 2 passport photos, $110, and a copy of the appointment letter.

i also called the vaccine place to ask if you need appt (i assume no but want to be sure) but they don't pick up...so i gave my fiancee the phone #s and she'll try later.

yes i'm detail-oriented and obsessive...but like the godfather said "women and children can afford to be careless, but not men...", and this is kinda important in the grand scheme of things, can't afford to be careless.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

got through IOM (they have a vietnamese or english option...the english just hung up so i managed to navigate through the viet).

needed to make appt so i did...for may 12th (planning to get the vaccines on 9th or 11th). they took down my fiancee name and phone number...i asked if they needed the case # but lady with northern accent said no. told me to bring passport, 2 passport photos, $110, and a copy of the appointment letter.

i also called the vaccine place to ask if you need appt (i assume no but want to be sure) but they don't pick up...so i gave my fiancee the phone #s and she'll try later.

yes i'm detail-oriented and obsessive...but like the godfather said "women and children can afford to be careless, but not men...", and this is kinda important in the grand scheme of things, can't afford to be careless.

The vaccination is optional, but is cheaper to do in Vietnam than it is here.

Hey did you do your medical yet? If so, where? What did they check your fiance for the medical? Mine only cost $300 Vietnamese dong. That's not even $50 USD. They didn't even do the x-ray. I guess they did a real sloppy job just to get it done or something.

Timeline

Hey did you do your medical yet? If so, where? What did they check your fiance for the medical? Mine only cost $300 Vietnamese dong. That's not even $50 USD. They didn't even do the x-ray. I guess they did a real sloppy job just to get it done or something.

u mean 300k, which is $15 roughly? either way it doesn't sound right at all.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

u mean 300k, which is $15 roughly? either way it doesn't sound right at all.

Yes, you are correct. They didn't ask for the appointment letter or passport. I can let that slide because you know how they are over there. They did take the two visa photos. They did the blood test and physical exam. That's it.

Filed: Timeline

My husband didn't need to make an appointment for IOM when he went for his medical. And yes, I thought I recall reading that you can only get your medical exam done at either Cho Ray or IOM. Both charged the same amount. Here's the link on the US Consulate General VN's website with the information:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/iv/medical-examination/vaccination.html

And as far as the vaccinations go, your fiancee should go asap. When I went with my husband, they gave him a number and told him to come back on another day for his vaccinations. Plus, there are some that requires a series of shots so if you can, you should try to get them all done in VN. Definitely cheaper there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The vaccination is optional, but is cheaper to do in Vietnam than it is here.

vaccinations are not optional...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

something this important is not worth risking.. best to go back and make sure everything is being done as required.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I found out from calling in the NVC in the US that HCM consulate sent out appointment letter on April 22. Now it's April 28 and my fiancee haven't receive it yet. She lives in HCM. Can she just stop by the Consulate and ask for the appointment letter? Package 4?

Thanks

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.