PamRyan

Your feedback on documents needed?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I'm the girlfriend of the man who posted 'B2 Tourist Visa Question' earlier. I'm a US citizen living in the US, he's an Indian citizen living in India. I'm unemployed, like too many others, so I can't really sponsor him, but I still intend on writing a letter and getting it notarized certifying that I will provide him lodging and meals, and that I have no intention of marrying him or allowing him to stay in the country illegally, and that I assume it's just a three week visit. And I'll say it better than that and talk about how I love him and trust him and such. :)

My question is basically I'll list the documents we're thinking of gathering for his interview (aside from required paperwork, like identifying stuff). Do you think it makes a good case, and is there anything else we might want to bring:

• Letter from me, notarized in US, saying I want to provide him with lodging and meals, and that I've no intention of marrying him or allowing him to stay past the legal visit time.
  • letter from his job in India saying he's on leave and they expect him back by a certain date
  • rental agreement of his home, which is in his name
  • photos of his parents and close family that live in India
  • travellers insurance (medical) to prove he'll be able to be cared for if emergency happens
  • his bank statements
  • possibly a letter from his parents, who he lives with? Is that a good idea?

We'd love your feedback, as we really want to make a strong case. Not just because we want to see each other, because we could use the same money he's going to use to fly here for me to go there with less difficulty, but because I am hesitant because we ultimately do want to marry. We're not engaged yet, but when we are, I want us to marry legally and we'd prefer to live in the US. If we go for this and fail, it'll make it much harder for him to get a K-1 in the future... of course, if he goes for it and does get it and goes back promptly (which he would. We're sincere in wanting to do this legally.) it'll make a stronger case for the K-1 than if I go and visit him.

Thanks.

Pam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.