happy_01

DS-156 Question number 38 (need advice)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

* Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other

similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes? [ ] Yes [ ] No

QUESTION

I'm confused and I don't know what to answer to this question. Way back 2006 my mom used my checks to her transactions and she never told me that she has a problem and some of the checks bounced because there's no fund on it. One of her clients filed a case against me for issuing my checks without fund. But my mom settled the said problem out of court with her client without the court or lawyer present in 2007. In June 2010 court sent me a warrant of arrest but they didn't arrest me. I went to the court for trial and request to dismiss my case because its already settled. Same year October 2010 the court dismissed my case and now I'm free. Do i have to answer (yes or No) to this question? What should I answer to this question. I really need a professional advice for this. Thank you and more power to this site for helping people like me.

* Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other

similar legal action? Have you ever unlawfully distributed or sold a controlled substance (drug), or been a prostitute or procurer for prostitutes? [ ] Yes [ ] No

QUESTION

I'm confused and I don't know what to answer to this question. Way back 2006 my mom used my checks to her transactions and she never told me that she has a problem and some of the checks bounced because there's no fund on it. One of her clients filed a case against me for issuing my checks without fund. But my mom settled the said problem out of court with her client without the court or lawyer present in 2007. In June 2010 court sent me a warrant of arrest but they didn't arrest me. I went to the court for trial and request to dismiss my case because its already settled. Same year October 2010 the court dismissed my case and now I'm free. Do i have to answer (yes or No) to this question? What should I answer to this question. I really need a professional advice for this. Thank you and more power to this site for helping people like me.

My advice isn't professional advice but the Key Phrases are Were you "arrested or convicted" and I gather none of thos happened. If thats correct the true answer would be NO.

P.S. You have to get police reports for the places you stayed for over 6 months, over age 16. If the police report does not show anything then that settles it.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Timeline

My advice isn't professional advice but the Key Phrases are Were you "arrested or convicted" and I gather none of thos happened. If thats correct the true answer would be NO.

P.S. You have to get police reports for the places you stayed for over 6 months, over age 16. If the police report does not show anything then that settles it.

thank you so much for the advice :) Maybe you can answer my 2nd question. if that would be ok with you?

Last April 20, 2011 we received email from USCIS informing us that they approved our fiance visa application and were super happy about it. Im 9 months pregnant and about to give birth next month and my fiance is also arriving this coming may to be with us. My question is how can we bring the baby in the US with me? Do we need to apply for his citizenship/passport here at the US embassy manila? We're planning to go to the US with my fiance when he go back home in June. Do I need to call the embassy for the schedule of interview and medical? What's the best thing to do? I really want to be with my fiance and marry him asap. Please help us and please give us the best advice. Thank you again and God bless!

thank you so much for the advice :) Maybe you can answer my 2nd question. if that would be ok with you?

Last April 20, 2011 we received email from USCIS informing us that they approved our fiance visa application and were super happy about it. Im 9 months pregnant and about to give birth next month and my fiance is also arriving this coming may to be with us. My question is how can we bring the baby in the US with me? Do we need to apply for his citizenship/passport here at the US embassy manila? We're planning to go to the US with my fiance when he go back home in June. Do I need to call the embassy for the schedule of interview and medical? What's the best thing to do? I really want to be with my fiance and marry him asap. Please help us and please give us the best advice. Thank you again and God bless!

Oh actually I replied to your other post and didn't even notice it was the same person I was replying to.

Congratulations and yes it throws a slight monkey wrench into things. Since you already got NOA2, you didn't request K2 child visa but the baby does not care about the interview timelines! :lol: Of course the embassy does not expect to have to give you a K2 visa for your baby, but there is no baby as of yet. Yes contact somebody at the embassy and mention its an emrgency and you may be having baby antime now! Good Luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.