evergreen

DS-156 (MONTREAL)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are completing the DS-156, and have some questions! Some of the questions on the form do not seem to apply to those who are seeking an I129F/K3 visa. I am worried about answering these questions the wrong way and possibly having my husband's visa denied.

Question 22: When do you intend to arrive in the U.S.? It asks for a specific date - but all we know is that he intends to arrive in the U.S. after his visa is issued.

Question 25: Name and telephone numbers of persons in U.S. who you will be staying with or visiting for tourism or business? He will be staying with me - but not for tourism or business - and not for a visit - but for the maximum amount of time allowed under an I129F/K3 until either an I130 visa is issued or he applies for adjustment of status.

Question 26: How long do you intend to stay in the U.S.? He plans to stay indefinitely, but if we put that on our application what will happen?

Question 27: What is the purpose of your trip? It's not really a trip, it's a move, to be with his spouse.

Question 28: Who will pay for your trip? Again, it's not a trip - but since he has to quit his job to move here, I will be supporting him.

Question 37: Do you intend to work in the U.S.? Yes, he does - but not without a work permit. But if we answer yes, will it cause problems in getting the visa? And if we answer no, will it cause problems getting a work permit later?

Question 38: Do you intend to study in the U.S.? Again, he hopes to go back to school eventually, but will answering yes cause them to question or deny his K3 visa?

Question 36: Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Of course, because an I130 is required in order to apply for the K3!

Thanks so much! We're afraid to complete the form because of the negative experiences we've had at the border!

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

I've been looking at the form too and though I have no answers for you - I sure as hell share all your questions!!! I asked a number of them a while back and here is a link to my very long post. Many of the questions were answered well.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=mozplay

Here's hoping for some good advice for us both, lol.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We are completing the DS-156, and have some questions! Some of the questions on the form do not seem to apply to those who are seeking an I129F/K3 visa. I am worried about answering these questions the wrong way and possibly having my husband's visa denied.

Question 22: When do you intend to arrive in the U.S.? It asks for a specific date - but all we know is that he intends to arrive in the U.S. after his visa is issued. Apon Visa Approval

Question 25: Name and telephone numbers of persons in U.S. who you will be staying with or visiting for tourism or business? He will be staying with me - but not for tourism or business - and not for a visit - but for the maximum amount of time allowed under an I129F/K3 until either an I130 visa is issued or he applies for adjustment of status. Put your husbands/wife name

Question 26: How long do you intend to stay in the U.S.? He plans to stay indefinitely, but if we put that on our application what will happen?Permanetley after adjusting status

Question 27: What is the purpose of your trip? It's not really a trip, it's a move, to be with his spouse. Relocate to be with SpouseQuestion 28: Who will pay for your trip? Again, it's not a trip - but since he has to quit his job to move here, I will be supporting him. Husband and selfQuestion 37: Do you intend to work in the U.S.? Yes, he does - but not without a work permit. But if we answer yes, will it cause problems in getting the visa? And if we answer no, will it cause problems getting a work permit later?Yes, apon EAD approval

Question 38: Do you intend to study in the U.S.? Again, he hopes to go back to school eventually, but will answering yes cause them to question or deny his K3 visa? Not at this time

Question 36: Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Of course, because an I130 is required in order to apply for the K3! The I-130 number goes here and service centerThanks so much! We're afraid to complete the form because of the negative experiences we've had at the border!

I answered you for each question This is how I answered and got my K3 no problem.

Question 22: When do you intend to arrive in the U.S.? It asks for a specific date - but all we know is that he intends to arrive in the U.S. after his visa is issued.

Question 25: Name and telephone numbers of persons in U.S. who you will be staying with or visiting for tourism or business? He will be staying with me - but not for tourism or business - and not for a visit - but for the maximum amount of time allowed under an I129F/K3 until either an I130 visa is issued or he applies for adjustment of status.

Question 26: How long do you intend to stay in the U.S.? He plans to stay indefinitely, but if we put that on our application what will happen?

Question 27: What is the purpose of your trip? It's not really a trip, it's a move, to be with his spouse.

Question 28: Who will pay for your trip? Again, it's not a trip - but since he has to quit his job to move here, I will be supporting him.

Question 37: Do you intend to work in the U.S.? Yes, he does - but not without a work permit. But if we answer yes, will it cause problems in getting the visa? And if we answer no, will it cause problems getting a work permit later?

Question 38: Do you intend to study in the U.S.? Again, he hopes to go back to school eventually, but will answering yes cause them to question or deny his K3 visa?

Question 36: Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Of course, because an I130 is required in order to apply for the K3!

Thanks so much! We're afraid to complete the form because of the negative experiences we've had at the border!

1. When can we expect "packet 3" from the consulate for either our I129?

2. What else do we need other than the DS-156 and the actual medical exam?

3. Do we bring $100 U.S. cash to Montreal, or a U.S. money order/cashier's check? Cash

4. We already have a medical exam scheduled. Can my husband attend the exam without packet three? We have our case number, but no letter from the consulate. Dr. Seiden office will ask for the letter as soon as you walk in the door.

Edited by Buttons

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.