sunshine88

Interview Appointments - Montreal

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OHHHH wow thank you i thought i had to pay that fee twice. I e-mailed them about it but they haven't responded to me at all lately

One more thing...If you're paying online, please remember to print out a copy (or two) of the payment confirmation page. They asked for it at my interview.

June 2003 - Met online

July 2004 - Met in person (in Texas), then travelled back and forth for the next couple of years

June 7, 2010 - Fiancee sent off I-129F

June 23, 2010 - Application received by USCIS and routed to the California Service Center for processing (NOA1)

November 2, 2010 - Received NOA2

November 29, 2010 - Received Packet 3 from Montreal Consulate (P3 was dated Nov. 19)

December 6, 2010 - Sent Packet 3 (via XpressPost Canada)

December 20, 2010 - Received Packet 4 from Montreal Consulate (P4 was dated Dec. 14)

March 28, 2011 - Medical Examination in Toronto (Results ready on March 30 at noon)

April, 13, 2011 - Interview at Montreal Consulate *APPROVED*

April 20, 2011 - Received DHL waybill number & picked up Visa at DHL Markham

June 6, 2011 - POE at Toronto Pearson Airport

June 20, 2011 - Wedding

Filed: Timeline

Anyone Know the number for the us consulate in Montreal ? I called one of the numbers on this page and i talked to a lady who didn't have a clue. She said that they book the interview for me but I said I'm suppose to book it online so she couldn't really help me with the "no appointments available at this time".

Timeline

Hmm, I was under the impression there are no live operators on the phone at all for Montreal - they are notoriously one of the most difficult consulates to communicate with. I've only ever been in touch with the DoS (202-663-1225)... what kind of visa are you applying for? I'd keep trying the online site since folks are able to book interviews currently though it's taking some time and effort...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Timeline

Yea I'm booking a K1 interview. That is the number I just called and the lady didn't know what was going on. I also called Montreal and your right they don't do visa stuff over the phone anymore. Am I able to do this in Vancouver instead ? They have plenty of dates available. I am constantly refreshing the interview page and trying ti at odd hours but still nothing. It's very frustrating.

Timeline
:( Unfortunately there's no way to get into Vancouver instead, unless you move out there (which may be nearly worth it ;) ). On occasion,I the DoS can be pretty useless, and it seems unlikely they'd have any idea what was going on with Montreal's website. Once, someone at the DoS told me an interview would be booked for me in "just a few days" when my package had just arrived at NVC - well, even I knew that was not correct... I don't know what other advice to give about the interview dates... maybe try changing your travel details between "Permanently Immigrate (k1/k2)" to "Permanently Immigrate (Ready to Schedule)" to see if that makes a difference?

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

• 4 months later...
Timeline

You may choose either Permanently immigrate/ready to schedule or Permanently immigrate/ K1/K2 - if you do the K1 route, you have the option to pay the $350 online with your credit card or paypal. If you choose 'ready to schedule' you are not given the option to pay online so you end up having to bring US$350 cash to the interview.

I paid mine over the phone and have a confirmation number. Can I click (Ready to schedule) instead of the K/1 option?

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I refreshed for an hour straight and I got nothing. Went to "My Account" every time and repeated the process over and over again but nothing. I don't understand what is going on. has this happened before ?

Yes it has happened its because they have no open appointments at all right now. You just have to wait for them to open dates/times for the appointments.

All you can do is keep refreshing and waiting.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On the CR1's we don't book our appointment. NVC does that for us.

Any idea where I can get more information on this part of the CR-1 process? I just sent in DS-260 and a stack of civil documents. I'm trying to find out what's left and how it happens from this point on. Seems to be loads of info on K-1's, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any idea where I can get more information on this part of the CR-1 process? I just sent in DS-260 and a stack of civil documents. I'm trying to find out what's left and how it happens from this point on. Seems to be loads of info on K-1's, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place??

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

its in the guide section.. click the link.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.