Gil1234

Can a beneficiary call NVC/DOS?

7 posts in this topic

Hiya! - just received our NOA2 on March 28th but we have yet to receive a letter off NVC with our case number, me query is as the topic states; Can the beneficiary (me) call instead of the petitioner for the case number at NVC, and if a case number is allotted, call the DOS regarding the Packet 3/interview? Cheers!

Edited by Gil1234

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hiya! - just received our NOA2 on March 28th but we have yet to receive a letter off NVC with our case number, me query is as the topic states; Can the beneficiary (me) call instead of the petitioner for the case number at NVC, and if a case number is allotted, call the DOS regarding the Packet 3/interview? Cheers!

Yes, might cost a lot more for the phonecall :P but you can.

Just know the case number, your fiance's full name and birthday and your full name and birthday.

Of course! They (NVC and DOS) will ask for case #, name & DOB of both petitioner and beneficiary, then ask to which one are they speaking (I'm sure they can guess based on voice) :)

I think you can get the NVC case # through the automated menu using your USCIS case #, but will need an operator to update your email addresses if they don't have them on file.

12 Nov 10: Married :)

USCIS - California Service Center

18 Nov 10: I-130 mailed

01 Dec 10: NOA 1 (text message & email)

06 Dec 10: NOA 1 (paper copy)

06 Dec 10: Called for service request to expedite - military deployment(s) of petitioner

09 Dec 10: Received USCIS phone call request for additional info

18 Dec 10: NOA 2 received dated 10 Dec 10 (paper copy - no email/website status update)

NVC

16 Dec 10: NVC received package

20 Dec 10: Called NVC for NVC case #, IIN & update email addresses

22 Dec 10: Received email with AOS/IV invoice

27 Dec 10: AOS/IV fees show as PAID

01 Feb 11: Mailed NVC AOS and IV package

09 Feb 11: NVC received AOS and IV package

16 Feb 11: RFE for military records of beneficiary

25 Feb 11: Emailed NVC with expedite request and RFE records

02 Mar 11: Email receipt of expedite request received

07 Mar 11: Email receipt of RFE documents received and under review

15 Mar 11: Called NVC, spoke to very nice operator. Told expedite request not logged in system. Re-emailed expedite request. Called congressman.

19 Mar 11: Sign in failed

21 Mar 11: NVC case complete

US Embassy - London

08 Feb 11: Medical complete at Knightsbridge

24 Mar 11: DHL package delivered

04 Apr 11: Embassy mailed instructions, rec'd 08 Apr 11

20 Apr 11: Interview - approved!

26 Apr 11: Courier package arrived

25 May 11: POE :)

Yes, might cost a lot more for the phonecall :P but you can.

Just know the case number, your fiance's full name and birthday and your full name and birthday.

Oooh, I have Skypez subscription so can call American numbers free! Thank you for the swift response. :)

Of course! They (NVC and DOS) will ask for case #, name & DOB of both petitioner and beneficiary, then ask to which one are they speaking (I'm sure they can guess based on voice) :)

I think you can get the NVC case # through the automated menu using your USCIS case #, but will need an operator to update your email addresses if they don't have them on file.

I wonder if they operate the automated menu on Sundays (ignore if its a dumb Q) since it is the NVC after all - thanks for the help :)

Edit - Just called them; they have the automated menu thingy running 24/7 but no operators - will try on Monday if me USCIS case # doesn't help now.

Edited by Gil1234

Filed: FB-5 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

Yes, you can always call the NVC but I tell you, you should be patient hearing the voice automated prompt. You might get lost and have to repeat all over again. Mind you the call rate is also double or higher than regular or local calls.

George Combey

Give me Renew Green Card Information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.