bora bora

Vaccines - Brasil

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
My fiance doesn't have the vaccination record but I'm sure that he had some of these vaccines done when he was a child. Is is ok to have them done again?

He told me he can go to a posto and they'll do them there and give him a new card.

Muito obrigada!

I would guess 'yes, it's okay'. The only reason I got a blood test for varicella done instead of having the vaccine again was to avoid getting a shot as there was a small chance I'd develop herpes. Why not ask him to contact one of the appointed doctors as ld&rd suggested and ask them though?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

My fiance doesn't have the vaccination record but I'm sure that he had some of these vaccines done when he was a child. Is is ok to have them done again?

He told me he can go to a posto and they'll do them there and give him a new card.

Muito obrigada!

I would guess 'yes, it's okay'. The only reason I got a blood test for varicella done instead of having the vaccine again was to avoid getting a shot as there was a small chance I'd develop herpes. Why not ask him to contact one of the appointed doctors as ld&rd suggested and ask them though?

Does vacirella mean catapora?

The doctor I had my apointment with told me that´s the only vaccination the Consulate "believes" you have taken in the past. So if you say so, no need to take a new one.

That´s what happened to me.

Timeline
Does vacirella mean catapora?

The doctor I had my apointment with told me that´s the only vaccination the Consulate "believes" you have taken in the past. So if you say so, no need to take a new one.

That´s what happened to me.

"My" doctor said I'd have to prove I had had catapora at some point in my life. I didn't have any medical documents to do so, so he asked me for the blood test.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello!

My wife didn't have her shot records and got them all taken at her local doctor in Foz do Iguacu. We then scheduled a doctor's app. in Rio with a US Consulate doctor, 2 days before her interview. We had to have him sign off on the vaccinations from the other doctors, transfer all results to papers for the consulate, and that was it. You can get all your shots at the consulate doctor if you want, but the cost is $200 or more. I recall we had to pay $50 for him just to verify, sign the papers, and seal them in an envelope. We had to hand deliver the envelope to the consulate when we got there.

Thank God Pamela was approved and we left from Rio to the U.S. 3 days after her interview. :dance:

Good Luck :thumbs::thumbs:

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rlt, I am pretty sure varicella itself was erradicated, catapora is commonly called chicken pox.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Rlt, I am pretty sure varicella itself was erradicated, catapora is commonly called chicken pox.

Laura I had to take the varicella shot, actually 2, I took one last month R$ 80.00 and will take a second one this month + R$ 80.00, because I couldn't prove I've had varicella when a kid.

...I took all the vaccines in the "Posto de Saúde". Yes, they are free...

no, not all the vaccines are for free, you got lucky that you were asked for the ones you could find for free. I'm spending R$ 200.00 in vacines I couldn't get for free in Postos de Saúde, and I tried Postos de Saúde in 2 different towns, in 2 different states.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Varicella is chicken pox. If you can't prove you've had it as a kid either by showing vaccination records or having a blood test, then it's a requirement.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Hello!

My wife didn't have her shot records and got them all taken at her local doctor in Foz do Iguacu. We then scheduled a doctor's app. in Rio with a US Consulate doctor, 2 days before her interview. We had to have him sign off on the vaccinations from the other doctors, transfer all results to papers for the consulate, and that was it. You can get all your shots at the consulate doctor if you want, but the cost is $200 or more. I recall we had to pay $50 for him just to verify, sign the papers, and seal them in an envelope. We had to hand deliver the envelope to the consulate when we got there.

Thank God Pamela was approved and we left from Rio to the U.S. 3 days after her interview. :dance:

Good Luck :thumbs::thumbs:

That's an idea. If your fiance can't prove he has taken the shots he could go to a local posto de saúde or clinic and take all the shots required. Luckily he'll take them all for free, maybe he'll have to pay for some. Then at the consulate doctor (the one he decides there is a list of doctors the Consulate gives you, it doesn't necessarily have to be in Rio) you show the vaccination card and prove you've had them all and that's it, you don't have to go twice to Rio.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

I actually thought varicella and chicken pox were types of the same things, but not exactly the same.

I had chicken pox when I was 20 so when I did my medical the doctor asked if I had had chicken pox and I said yes, and he asked me if I remembered having it and I said oh yeah, I had it when I was 20, so he totally believed in me and asked for no vaccine for it.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
I actually thought varicella and chicken pox were types of the same things, but not exactly the same.

I had chicken pox when I was 20 so when I did my medical the doctor asked if I had had chicken pox and I said yes, and he asked me if I remembered having it and I said oh yeah, I had it when I was 20, so he totally believed in me and asked for no vaccine for it.

Same for me.

He said the Consulate officer accept your answer for chicken pox.

Should I be worried I didn´t have to prove it?

Timeline

If the doc didn't ask for anything, then they won't either.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Same for me.

He said the Consulate officer accept your answer for chicken pox.

Should I be worried I didn´t have to prove it?

Nah, I wouldn't worry. At the end of the day, it's the doctor's decision, as per the regulations they have to follow, to make such decisions.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you have to send a copy of your vaccinations when applying for AOS. Just thought you might want to know. So even if the dr doesnt require it there, doesnt mean you wont need it later. If you can get them for free or cheaper than here, i would go ahead a do it. My husbands dr in salvador didnt reuire mmr, but he had to get it done here for aos.

Timeline
you have to send a copy of your vaccinations when applying for AOS. Just thought you might want to know. So even if the dr doesnt require it there, doesnt mean you wont need it later. If you can get them for free or cheaper than here, i would go ahead a do it. My husbands dr in salvador didnt reuire mmr, but he had to get it done here for aos.

Steph, how do we get a copy of the vaccination sheet? I asked my doctor for a copy over the phone and he said I wouldn't need it because I get the original. But... who gets the original? I thought they were kept at POE?

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Ok, thanks ladies.

My fiance said he's going to start the vaccines now. Luckily we know some medical students who work at a hospital in Manaus so he can get the vaccines at no cost.

He'll figure it all out...I have no doubt.

I emailed him the names of the vaccines in portuguese and I'll pass along any other pertinent information you've told me here.

Thanks again.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.