imports4me

waiting for my visa at DHL, anyone else?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

My name is Mike and my fiance (us citizen) have been going through the K1 visa process for almost a year now. finally it is done and i was approved at my interview in montreal last tuesday march 22. I have been looking on the visa site for tracking numbers but nothing has came up yet. im getting alittle worried. Is anyone else still waiting?

I never knew or even heard of a site like this until yesterday, this site is amazing and i wish i knew about it from day one.. there were alot of questions and waiting periods inwhich we did not know and just waited...i only knew about this site from typing in "how long is will it take my visa to get to dhl from montreal" i didn't even think it would work and it lead me to this.

i read a few of the posts looking for answers and the feedback is great. im sorry if i am writing in the wrong section as well. i do have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. its been a full week since my interview (4 business days) is this normal or long? do you see the tracking number first then a few days later seeing that it changes to ready to pick up?

2. they never gave me back my original copies of my immergration papers inwhich i would want back. will that also be in this pacakge?

3. i was sure they lady that interviewed me said i was approved and gave me 3 papers and told me to read them over. when i went out to the desk before leaving the girl gave me another piece of paper. One of them was a Welcome to the states letter. they would give me that unless i was approved right? the thing that is odd is the interview lady also gave me a paper for completing your case via mail. which gives you the steps to send back required documents. but she never mentioned anything about needing more documents. im thinking that this paper is a "just in case".

well, i would just like to say thank you in advance. this long road of ours has finally come to an end once i recieve this package from dhl.

Mike

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.