sedation

SURRENDERING GREEN CARD AND REAPPLY

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OUR case is:

Me and my kids are US citizens and My husband is GREEN CARD holder since August 2009.But he is PERMANENT RESIDENT of CANADA also.According to Canadian immigration if their PERMANENT RESIDENTS lives in CANADA for upto two years , then he/she can get residency of other country.We moved to CANADA in Sept. 2009 as our family lives here.Now my husband works in USA AND CANADA both as Dentist.He crosses border every week with Green card and PRcard to enter in USA AND CANADA respectively.We all are living in CANADA right now and he has applied for our PR card as well(hopefully by end of April we will get that).I am not doing any job here.He can apply for his CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP after one and half year.

He is filing for tax for both USA AND CANADA from last two years( together HUSBAND AND WIFE).we both have driving license of WA(USA) also,but not CANADIAN and our cars are also USA license plates.As both vehicles are on my name and i have temporary status in CANADA i cannt transfer vehicles in Canada(i dont want to do that even).We both have bank accounts in USA AND CANADA.and mailing address of USA(relative's address where he stays while on job) and CANADIAN address where we all live(own apt.).But we live in USA address only for 2 nights/week(when he has his job during week).

Now we consult one lawyer and he told he cannt keep two residency.My husband's job in CANADA is better than USA one,(But he is doing this job under someone),but he wants to open his own clinic in USA and we all want to live in USA.but still he didnt get any good deal.We dont want to caught on USA border or in any other problem related to GREEN CARD.Lawyer advised us to apply for RE-ENTERY permit(TWO YEARS),but i think if we do that it will show USA immigration that he has PR card of canada.Again therz trouble.As we dont want any problem.

Another option is SURRENDER GREEN CARD.Lawyer said to surrender GREEN CARD and take visitor visa.Continue with PR CARD .once you will be CANADIAN citizen ,i (wife) can reapply for GREEN CARD without any trouble.

But we didnt ask him,

1)after how much time of surrendering green card i (wife) can reapply for Green card for my husband.

2)Is it better to surrender Green card inside USA or outside USA.

3)If i apply for GREEN CARD again, which one will be much easier remaining inside USA or outside USA.

OR REENTRY PERMIT IS BETTER OPTION

PLEASE HELP US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.