hope.andsun

Cheap/Reasonable Flights

11 posts in this topic

Hi! I was wondering if anyone know cheap or reasonable flights from the US to the Philippines, roundtrip? My fiance is planning to visit sometime in May-June and we're trying to look for a cheap ticket. Would it be advisable to book this advanced? Lay-overs are okay, as long as it doesn't last for a long time.

Thanks for the help. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I was wondering if anyone know cheap or reasonable flights from the US to the Philippines, roundtrip? My fiance is planning to visit sometime in May-June and we're trying to look for a cheap ticket. Would it be advisable to book this advanced? Lay-overs are okay, as long as it doesn't last for a long time.

Thanks for the help. :)

My favorite is Hawaiian Airlines, they are the lowest price I could find, the only down side is on your way to the Philippines you will have an over night in Hawaii. Your return is only a small layover. You can book direct with Hawaiian air, you don't need a broker like price line or expedia.. I hope this helps.. Lee

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try checking with Mango Tours, they usually have good deals, I bought my ticket from them when I got home in 2009 $795/RT including taxes from Sac-Mnl and back(2 layovers though, Sac-Sea-Nrt-Mnl) but it wasn't bad at all, it was Northwest Airlines, I flew in February which is off peak.

I got roundtrip tickets from florida to manila , via korean air for $1,250  <a href="http://www.hipmunk.com/">http://www.hipmunk.com/</a>

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What city is he or she flying from? The only non-layover flights from the US to Manila, as far as I know, are from Los Angeles and San Francisco, on Philippine Airlines. If coming from a non-major airport far from LAX or SFO, there will probably be two layovers. Major airports will likely be serviced by the other Asian airlines like Korean Airlines, Cathay Pacific, etc. Those should offer 1-layover service to Manila.

I use this website to find fares:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

It's only for information, but will help by giving a wonderful amount of detail, including "how to buy". You can search for fares along a whole range of dates and stay duration, up to one moth of start dates, and up to 7 days varying duration (like 7-14 days, or 22-29 days, etc).

I always urge people to not go for the cheapest flight, but rather for the most reasonably priced still offering a good service level, safety record, and up-to-date aircraft interiors.

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

CheapoAir.com has good fares, as does Onetravel.com. My favorite in general is Trip Advisor.com it compares many and gives you the price all included with taxes and such. I usually start there and try to beat the price elsewhere. Yes, it would be advisable to start looking to book as far out as possible to get the best prices. May wish to give St. Raphael's.com or Reliable travel.com a look see too., They're in Manila and may be privy to special fares. Best of luck!!!

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

I always urge people to not go for the cheapest flight, but rather for the most reasonably priced still offering a good service level, safety record, and up-to-date aircraft interiors.

Good Point

If you are like most American then you don't have time for layovers that are longer than 2 hours, and more than 2 layovers in a flight is deal killer for me

If you are coming from Philippines to USA and you don't have work then you can spend all day long at different airports to save a $200.

In USA time is money............

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Thanks all you guys for the replies!!

True, I want to get a reasonably priced airplane ticket that saves time and money. Is there such a thing? Well, I'm on the look out for one.

Thanks again for all your replies. It's a lot of help! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.