redfragglekat

Wait time between sending Pkt 3 and Interview?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's what I did as well. I kept calling DOS every other day to ask if I was eligible to schedule an appointment with the consulate. On March 22, they told me I was a go and I booked it. I received my Packet 4 letter a week later. It was dated March 21... and had been mailed on March 24. It's this letter + your appointment confirmation email you need to take to your medical along with your medical paperwork.

For my case, it took 7 business days between consulate receiving my Packet3 and them logging it and mailing Packet 4. Unless they're anymore backlogged, I would expect the same time frame for you.

Good luck!

My goodness that was fast for you, thank you for your goodwishes...

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

It's now been seven weeks.... I'm beginning to worry that it's been lost somewhere....

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: March 15, 2010

I-129F NOA1: March 18, 2010

I-129F NOA2: September 23, 2010

NVC Letter: October 7, 2010

Packet 3 Received: October 14, 2010

Packet 3 Sent : Feb 23, 2011

Packet 4 Received : May 09, 2011

Medical Date: May 11, 2011

Interview Date : May 16, 2011

Interview Result : APPROVED!

Passport Returned: May 30, 2011

Entered the US: May 31, 2011

Married: June 24, 2011

AOS, AP, EAD Sent: July 22, 2011

AOS, AP, EAD NOA: July 29, 2011

AOS RFE, Sept 14, 2011

Biometrics: September 16, 2011

event.png

Timeline

So you've sent them an email letting them know you submitted Packet 3 paperwork which was received in Montreal February 24th? I would send it again, track it again, and give it another 2 weeks - they're obviously not THAT behind if others are getting through in 3 or 4 weeks... What a rip... I feel terrible for you :(

** sorry, as an additional thought, your NOA2 date is from September 2010? It's possible, maybe, that you left the Packet 3 too long, and your case has expired... The NOA2 usually has an expiry date on it four months from the date of issue - so that would have meant if you hadn't had any communication with the consulate by January, they might have thought your petition was dead and you didn't wish to pursue it... Maybe this is something to ask the DoS about?

Edited by iampatricias

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

So you've sent them an email letting them know you submitted Packet 3 paperwork which was received in Montreal February 24th? I would send it again, track it again, and give it another 2 weeks - they're obviously not THAT behind if others are getting through in 3 or 4 weeks... What a rip... I feel terrible for you :(

** sorry, as an additional thought, your NOA2 date is from September 2010? It's possible, maybe, that you left the Packet 3 too long, and your case has expired... The NOA2 usually has an expiry date on it four months from the date of issue - so that would have meant if you hadn't had any communication with the consulate by January, they might have thought your petition was dead and you didn't wish to pursue it... Maybe this is something to ask the DoS about?

Gosh I hope that is the case for them, question how does one get the DOS number, I want to follow-up on my pkt3, which was couriered via the DHL method, Any Advice?

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

Gosh I hope that is the case for them, question how does one get the DOS number, I want to follow-up on my pkt3, which was couriered via the DHL method, Any Advice?

oh boy I meant to say I hope that is NOT the case....sorry.

event.png

Timeline

The DoS number is 202.663.1225 - hit 1 then 0 - they open at 8:30am EST - call early for no wait times!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Is that the DOS number for montreal? I can just call them (as if its that easy) with my MTL case number to find out if they have received my packet 3 yet? And if they have i can then start bugging them bout booking my interview?

Congrats on the wedding iampatricias!!

Is that the DOS number for montreal? I can just call them (as if its that easy) with my MTL case number to find out if they have received my packet 3 yet? And if they have i can then start bugging them bout booking my interview?

Congrats on the wedding iampatricias!!

There's only one DOS number, and yes, that's the one. Have your MTL case number ready and ask if Packet 3 has been logged and Packet 4 been sent. If yes, ask them if you're able to book your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.