joe'swifey

Delta air .. any feedback?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've flown Delta my last 3 trips to the Phils. No complaints even though there was a broken part on the plane last trip coming home. They put the entire full 747 passenger list up at Hotel Manila, a 5 star hotel and the nicest I have ever stayed in anywhere. It was inconvenient, but not their fault and they did their very best to make it as painless as possible. I got to spend an extra day with my honey so it wasn't bad for me.

They have a direct flight from Detroit to manila with a stop in Tokyo for refueling. Not sure about JFK. Try www.delta.com. Their rates are very good and not much different and sometimes cheaper than you will get on the re-seller sites.

I'm all for Delta too...The flight attendants are nice, and I get direct flights to Portland, Oregon from Tokyo-Narita. I sure hope the earthquake/tsunami doesn't affect my trip this Friday. :unsure:

As for direct to JFK...the 747 I flew on from Manila stops at Narita then continued on to JFK; you still have to leave the airplane and go through the security screening point anyway.

12/29/2009 - - - - -Met on CherryBlossoms

3/12/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila and fell madly in love

3/25/2010 - - - - - -Proposed (of course she said YES!)

3/31/2010 - - - - - -Departed Manila (and the love of my life)

5/22/2010 - 5/27/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila again...we have an apartment together!

8/22/2010 - 9/5/2010 - - - - - - -Arrived in Manila yet again...I love not paying for hotels!

11/23/2010- - - - - Arrived in Manila (Just in time for my birthday!)

1/5/2011- - - - - - - Married!

1/28/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (doesn't get any easier every time I do this :( )

3/19/2011- - - - - - Arrived in Manila (and off to the island of Leyte)

8/22//2011- - - - - - Wife interviewed for Tourist Visa -- DENIED!

9/16/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (alone)

I'm all for Delta too...The flight attendants are nice, and I get direct flights to Portland, Oregon from Tokyo-Narita. I sure hope the earthquake/tsunami doesn't affect my trip this Friday. :unsure:

As for direct to JFK...the 747 I flew on from Manila stops at Narita then continued on to JFK; you still have to leave the airplane and go through the security screening point anyway.

Good luck on your trip yoda and hoping everything is gonna be A-O.K for you, anyway we will be flying thru cathay pacific beacuse we need to travel on a week-end and they have quite decent qoute comparing with the other airlines, flew with cathay already so we knew what to expect. a 16 hour trip cant be expected to be comfortable :no: good luck everybody and please pray for the people of japan..... Mabuhay !

hubby send ds-230 and also sends the AOS -07/30/2005

gets RFE letter from NVC ----------------------09/03/2005

sends back the W's -----------------------------09/10/2005

Case COMPLETED!!!-----------------------------10/12/2005

InTERview schedule------------------------------04/27/2006

I-751 VSC

05-12-08-----------------send application

05-15-08-----------------VSC received and signed the package....

05-17-08----------------- NOA1

06-25-08------------------Biometrics

03-26-09-------------card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I tried to reply to this thread before, but I think I had to restart my browser or something before posting.

The first thing I like to mention to people when searching for a flight - don't automatically go for the cheapest. Airlines are constantly reducing service levels (reducing seat size/space to squeeze in more people, reducing food quantity/quality, etc) because for some reason passengers always want the absolute cheapest flight. Instead, try to pick a carrier that will give you the service you want, one with a good reputation for service, safety, etc. If you intend to fly often, pick a carrier who's routes, fares, service, and frequent flyer program line up with your wants and needs. You wouldn't buy the absolute cheapest car you can find, would you? No, you'd shop around to find one which meets your needs and wants while fitting into your price range. A good place to learn more about all that "stuff": http://www.flyertalk.com.

There are no non-stops to Manila from the US, except on PAL from LAX and SFO. Technically, those stop for fuel in Hawaii, but they are the shortest flights available. There is a nonstop from Vancouver, BC, Canada, also on PAL. There are no non-stops from JFK that I can find.

I use this site to search for flights and fares:

http://matrix.itasof....com/search.htm

You can't purchase from there, but it's a very thorough search engine, and you can even search for fares on flights that are already full - useful for reference and comparison.

They put the entire full 747 passenger list up at Hotel Manila, a 5 star hotel and the nicest I have ever stayed in anywhere.

They have a direct flight from Detroit to manila with a stop in Tokyo for refueling. Not sure about JFK.

Thunderstruck - Was this the hotel? http://www.manila-hotel.com.ph/ Looks fantastic. The route from Detroit is listed as a layover and two different flight numbers. Was it the same plane, or did you have to change planes? The layover is quite short, so I wonder if it's just the same plane. I'm just curious about silly details when it comes to flying :)

The "great circle" (straight line on the sphere) flight path from PDX to NRT stays about 100 miles away from the reactors. So, you should be fine, as long as NRT is fine. Plus, I'm certain the airlines will all avoid the danger area.

I'll be based in the PDX area again soon, and I've decided we'll probably use Philippine Airlines for our trips to/from the Philippines due to their generous frequent flyer program. Might want to look into it, if you're considering annual trips back, or more frequently. Two round trips per year will reach their first tier of FF status, which apparently will get you a free op-up to business class more often than having status on most other airlines, according to some folks who probably know. The flight from Vancouver, Canada is nonstop to Manila, and will soon be serviced by PAL's very new B777-300ER aircraft. So it will just require one short hop from PDX to Vancouver Canada. The one drawback, for which I haven't figured out a solution yet, is hauling our international amount of baggage on the short flight between Portland and YVR. I'm sure I can figure something out though, heheheh.

Edited by Kevin-

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I flew Delta twice, and it was fine, however from all I have heard the Asian carriers (Cathay Pacific, Singapore, JAL, KAL, Asiana, etc) are much a much better experience.

I have never flown an Asian carrier (however I have flown Swissair, Virgin Atlantic, and other European carriers), and since I now have Medallion status on Delta, I will try to continue with them.

Just wanted to warn, if you are accustommed to Cathay Pacific service, from what I have heard, Delta is a step down from them.

Greg and Sarah

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-04-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-04-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-07-01

NVC Received : 2010-07-06

Consulate Received : 2010-07-13

Medical Exam: 2010-08-02/03 (passed)

Interview Date : 2010-08-10 (passed)

Visa Received: 2010-08-17 (5 business days after interview)

POE USA: Los Angeles, CA 2010-09-15

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2010-11-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-11-29

AOS Transfer** : 2010-12-13

AOS Approval: 2011-02-02

Green Card Arrives: 2011-02-08

Employment Authorization Document

Bio. Appt. : 2010-11-29

Approved Date : 2011-01-12

Date Card Received : 2011-01-15

Advance Parole

Date Received : 2011-01-13

I flew Delta twice, and it was fine, however from all I have heard the Asian carriers (Cathay Pacific, Singapore, JAL, KAL, Asiana, etc) are much a much better experience.

Delta has better time schedule but Asian carriers do have better service ~ flight attendants are more attentive, and are warm and gracious compared to their American counterparts.

Having been in Korea the past few years, my vote goes to Korean Air. KAL has THE BEST on-time service, in-flight service, and comfort of just about ANY airline I have ever flown on. I plan to fly my fiancee over here on KAL, they fly out of MNL. They are also a Delta partner.

And as to the comment on Asian airlines, I agree... they are heads and shoulders above US carriers in general. I was appalled and dismayed when I returned from Korea and had to fly some US flag carriers. I have to PAY for a meal, and drinks? Wow...

Having said all of that, Delta would be my second choice. And United my last choice.

Thanks for the Matrix link, it will make searching easier!

DELTA stands for

Don't

Ever

Leave

The

Airport

They are horrible about being ontime. At DFW airport they have 2 plane wrecks, one was landing and one was taking off. Both were Delta planes.

They have since then pulled out of DFW, and they have a very bad rep in my area..........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.