RobJR

London Interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Well, I only came across this site yesterday, but it looks like an excellent resource so I had to join up straight away. I just wish I'd found it a few months ago when we began the long road to (hopefully) obtaining a K-1.

But anyway, my American fiancee recently heard that our application was approved, and so we're now at the stage where I'm waiting to receive a package of forms and instructions from the London Embassy in preparation for the eventual dreaded interview.

I say "dreaded" because I'm already wobbling at the knees with the prospect of it, and so I'd be very grateful if anyone who's actually been through it could offer some tips or perhaps answer a few questions.

For example, is the interview conducted in a hard-faced, business-like manner, or is it quite informal and relaxed?... What sort of questions do they ask, and did you get an impression of the kind or information they were digging for?... Does anyone know what percentage of applications fail at the interview stage, and for what reason?... Did you leave with the feeling that it had been a real ordeal, or did it turn out to be easier than expected?

Any information that you could offer would be gratfully received. Thanks!

Check out the Embassy Info link above then read the reviews for London. you'll see most are pretty positive.

Good luck! :star:

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

I was really worried before mine...but really there is nothing to be worried about, as long as all of your paperwork is in order...and yes i would definately read the embassy reviews...good luck

I-129F SENT TO CSC 01/31/2006

I-129F NOA1 RECEIVED 02/02/2006

touched 04/25/2006

NOA2 04/25/2006

touched 04/26/2006

NVC received case 05/11/2006

Left NVC 05/12/2006

medical 06/06/2006

Packet 3 received 05/30/2006

returned packet 3 05/31/2006

Interview date 07/18/2006

Approved...yeahhhh

07/21/2006 Received visa...WOOOOHOOOO

09/24/2006 marrying my baby yeahhhhhhhh

.png

115194159098768.gif

I say "dreaded" because I'm already wobbling at the knees with the prospect of it

I'm more anxious about a medical and interview than I am moving to the States!! I dun wanna go to London lol

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

Well, I only came across this site yesterday, but it looks like an excellent resource so I had to join up straight away. I just wish I'd found it a few months ago when we began the long road to (hopefully) obtaining a K-1.

But anyway, my American fiancee recently heard that our application was approved, and so we're now at the stage where I'm waiting to receive a package of forms and instructions from the London Embassy in preparation for the eventual dreaded interview.

I say "dreaded" because I'm already wobbling at the knees with the prospect of it, and so I'd be very grateful if anyone who's actually been through it could offer some tips or perhaps answer a few questions.

For example, is the interview conducted in a hard-faced, business-like manner, or is it quite informal and relaxed?... What sort of questions do they ask, and did you get an impression of the kind or information they were digging for?... Does anyone know what percentage of applications fail at the interview stage, and for what reason?... Did you leave with the feeling that it had been a real ordeal, or did it turn out to be easier than expected?

all you have to do is Order the interview ebook at www.ezvisa.us/book theres a lot of question and tips based on actual question asked by USCIS interviewer.

Hi,

all you have to do is Order the interview ebook at www.ezvisa.us/book theres a lot of question and tips based on actual question asked by USCIS interviewer. :thumbs:

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

Hi RobJR and welcome to VJ.

Don't panic about the interview, easier said than done I know, but seriously when it's over you'll kick yourself for worrying so much. As someone else said recently, it's like going up to a bank counter and speaking to someone through the glass. Obviously they are quite matter of fact about the whole thing but it's not an interrogation. They do have a sense of humour and put you at ease.

As long as you have all your paperwork in order and answer their questions, you will be fine. Definately read the London interview reviews, they give a good insight into what to expect. Saying that, I had visions of being in a room with a tape recorder and an officer across the table from me drilling me on everything, it's not like that at all.

I hope it goes well for you and everyone's reviews and experiences put your mind at ease.

KaiserD - I was the same, actually thought many a time "is it worth going through all this". The answer is YES it is, the medical is nothing more than a medical with your own GP (and as I've said before, it IS normal to assume you have a dread disease!)

Good luck guys :)

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Timeline
I say "dreaded" because I'm already wobbling at the knees with the prospect of it

I'm more anxious about a medical and interview than I am moving to the States!! I dun wanna go to London lol

I hear ya I am the same I am more worried about getting to and around london and a little worried about the medical not too worried about the interview though:) But luckily I am hopeing to schedule the medical on the same day as Laura_and_Ian. They live close to me and they are a K3 couple. It would make me feel much safer and less anxious going with someone else - plus I get to spend the whole day with them - they are a lovely couple:) As for the interview Laura said she woul come with me - if she cant then I have another friend who is willing to come with me:) I need the support:)

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Timeline

A big thank you to you all for your replies, I've found them all very helpful, and the Embassy info has been excellent for letting you (that is, me) know exactly what to expect.

I think that's the worst part, not knowing quite what's waiting for you on the other side of the door. You kinda feel like a lamb going to the slaughter, so to hear other people's positive accounts has definitely been very reassuring.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.