Gordito and Me

WAITING FOR AOS INTERVIEW IN NEW YORK CITY FIELD OFFICE

2 posts in this topic

So.. With much reluctance I am writting this e-mail because my patience is wearing and I am becoming like many now or prior very nervous as to wether everything is flowing smoothly. So this is my situation and I would appreciate anyone in the same or similar situation or just anyone with any knowledge on cases such as this.

I brought my husband and my step son into the states on a k-3 /k-4 visa that was approved after an interview in the United States Consulate in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic on 11/12/2009 arrived on 12/03/09 and finally used on 02/08/2010. Basically we had to wait until US consulate approved US Citizen born abroad for our baby who was born on 11/14/2009 in dominican republic. I went out there for the interview at the consulate and ended up at the hospital on the 11/13 when i was supposed to be flying back. After I collected the funds i put in for my husbands and stepsons AOS i-485 on sept 23rd of 2010. This was done along with the EAD and AP for both and with my stepsons i-130. They accepted the documents on sept 30th of 2010. So we recieved the NOA letters for all the documents within a week and a half and that was followed by a biometrics appointment that ended up landing on the day we were supposed to fly to florida for our cruise. So after much deliberation and because we could not get a refund or even a credit we reluctantly re-scheduled the biometrics. The original appointment was mid october and we recieved a new appointment for 12/14/2010/ So the biometrics were taken on the same date for my stepson and husband and promptly after we recieved there AP documents and about 2 weeks behind we recieved their EAD and went to the social security office and filed their socials which were recieved within a week from then. All this being said we have no appointment for interview yet. on the USCIS website the timeline states 4.8 months is usually the time to process the AOS and that was met yesterday 24th of Feb. We sent our documents to the proper service center and it was send to the MSC. Our case is currently at the MSC and has not been moved from there. When i look it up online it says the last touch dates were Oct 5th, 2010 for my husbands and Oct 1st, 2010 for my stepson. Recently we recieved letters from the National Visa Center advising that if we are still interested in filling for an immigrant visa. On the notice it stated that if we were intending on adusting status in the states that we should notify them promptly which was done. They sent a reply back advising that tehy have update the case and will hold onto my husbands i-130 at the NVC until the USCIS requests it back. I attempted calling the NCSC to get information on this but they were not very helpful with information giving us answers like I think so and so forth. I have scheduled an appointment to go to the New York City field office with info pass for this wednesday coming to inquire with them to see if they have clearer information.

I mean we havent recieved any notices for more information, we have not recieved any refusals that God Almighty and we havent had any updates since the EAD.

Am I just overreacting or should I be concerned? Anyone else in the same or similar situation recently that can shed some light on this? I have heard that some people dotn get interviewed at all and just get a letter stating they should go to their nearest office and tehy just stamp them and mail them a greencard, could that be the case here? If anyone can help or shed any light i would greatly appreciate it. I am just nervous as everything else has come through in a most timely fashion and the interview part has not. I havent even filed my income taxes although I have their social security numbers to ensure they are residents before I file. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you for your time. : )

TIMELINE

Marriage : 2009-03-11

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-25

Interview Date : 2009-11-12

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-12-03

US Entry : 2010-02-08

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-25

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2010-02-08

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,EAD Card

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : MSC Local Office: New York City

Date Filed : 2010-09-23

NOA Date : 2010-09-30

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approval Date: 2011-04-19

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: No

Comments : No Interview, just received a notice online that card processing is in completion. step-sons status is currently still showing the same, last touch on 10/20/2011 and no update as of yet.

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2010-12-20

Date Card Received : 2010-12-30

Advance Parole

Date Received : 2010-11-01

So.. With much reluctance I am writting this e-mail because my patience is wearing and I am becoming like many now or prior very nervous as to wether everything is flowing smoothly. So this is my situation and I would appreciate anyone in the same or similar situation or just anyone with any knowledge on cases such as this.

I brought my husband and my step son into the states on a k-3 /k-4 visa that was approved after an interview in the United States Consulate in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic on 11/12/2009 arrived on 12/03/09 and finally used on 02/08/2010. Basically we had to wait until US consulate approved US Citizen born abroad for our baby who was born on 11/14/2009 in dominican republic. I went out there for the interview at the consulate and ended up at the hospital on the 11/13 when i was supposed to be flying back. After I collected the funds i put in for my husbands and stepsons AOS i-485 on sept 23rd of 2010. This was done along with the EAD and AP for both and with my stepsons i-130. They accepted the documents on sept 30th of 2010. So we recieved the NOA letters for all the documents within a week and a half and that was followed by a biometrics appointment that ended up landing on the day we were supposed to fly to florida for our cruise. So after much deliberation and because we could not get a refund or even a credit we reluctantly re-scheduled the biometrics. The original appointment was mid october and we recieved a new appointment for 12/14/2010/ So the biometrics were taken on the same date for my stepson and husband and promptly after we recieved there AP documents and about 2 weeks behind we recieved their EAD and went to the social security office and filed their socials which were recieved within a week from then. All this being said we have no appointment for interview yet. on the USCIS website the timeline states 4.8 months is usually the time to process the AOS and that was met yesterday 24th of Feb. We sent our documents to the proper service center and it was send to the MSC. Our case is currently at the MSC and has not been moved from there. When i look it up online it says the last touch dates were Oct 5th, 2010 for my husbands and Oct 1st, 2010 for my stepson. Recently we recieved letters from the National Visa Center advising that if we are still interested in filling for an immigrant visa. On the notice it stated that if we were intending on adusting status in the states that we should notify them promptly which was done. They sent a reply back advising that tehy have update the case and will hold onto my husbands i-130 at the NVC until the USCIS requests it back. I attempted calling the NCSC to get information on this but they were not very helpful with information giving us answers like I think so and so forth. I have scheduled an appointment to go to the New York City field office with info pass for this wednesday coming to inquire with them to see if they have clearer information.

I mean we havent recieved any notices for more information, we have not recieved any refusals that God Almighty and we havent had any updates since the EAD.

Am I just overreacting or should I be concerned? Anyone else in the same or similar situation recently that can shed some light on this? I have heard that some people dotn get interviewed at all and just get a letter stating they should go to their nearest office and tehy just stamp them and mail them a greencard, could that be the case here? If anyone can help or shed any light i would greatly appreciate it. I am just nervous as everything else has come through in a most timely fashion and the interview part has not. I havent even filed my income taxes although I have their social security numbers to ensure they are residents before I file. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you for your time. : )

Just as an update. I went to the appointment to speak in person with someone at the New Yorck City Field Office. The response we basically recieved was that the papers have been accepted and that is basically it. The AP and EAD as well as the biometrics are proccessed immidiately by the MSC but the AOS is not. In turn they sooner or later will get to reviewing it and either sending it for an immidiate approval center or sending it to a Field Office for the interview. In turn this can take another year or two, whatever they want. I inquired as to whether the time line on the USCIS is updated because it shows a current process date of April 3rd, 2010 as of December 31st, 2010 and I was advised that it is updates, that they actually take intermittent breaks so that they are not actually processing and upfating every 15 days as it says on the site. I was a little shocked by this information. Is everyone taking a break at the same time for AOS processing? That seems a little wacked out to me. I don't even know if I should confide in that information. I would still appreciate any feedback anyone can give me. : )

TIMELINE

Marriage : 2009-03-11

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-25

Interview Date : 2009-11-12

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-12-03

US Entry : 2010-02-08

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-25

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2010-02-08

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,EAD Card

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : MSC Local Office: New York City

Approval Date: 2011-04-19

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: No

Comments : No Interview, just received a notice online that card processing is in completion. step-sons status is currently still showing the same, last touch on 10/20/2011 and no update as of yet.

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date : 2010-12-20

Date Card Received : 2010-12-30

Advance Parole

Date Received : 2010-11-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.