6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

This is my first post in here and the reason is that my wife and I went to the interview and we gave all the evidence we thought was appropriate and the immigration officer did not ask a lot of question and did not separate us but the only thing she said was that she did not have time to review the case and that it may take up to two weeks for her to review it and that if she needed more information she will give a call.

She take my I 94 and took copies of a few documents, i really dont know what to expect.

Additional info: My wife is a US citizen and And we have been married for about 6 months.

Any info will be appreciated.

Hi everybody,

This is my first post in here and the reason is that my wife and I went to the interview and we gave all the evidence we thought was appropriate and the immigration officer did not ask a lot of question and did not separate us but the only thing she said was that she did not have time to review the case and that it may take up to two weeks for her to review it and that if she needed more information she will give a call.

She take my I 94 and took copies of a few documents, i really dont know what to expect.

Additional info: My wife is a US citizen and And we have been married for about 6 months.

Any info will be appreciated.

For us to be able to help you out we really need more information. What kind of visa are you adjusting from? When did you file?

Oh, and timeline.gif That will also help us folks give you better advice!

Edited by Miss Jess

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

For us to be able to help you out we really need more information. What kind of visa are you adjusting from? When did you file?

Oh, and timeline.gif That will also help us folks give you better advice!

Ok I entered with a tourist visa on June 2010, Got married July 2010, filed packet on Oct. 22, got my biometrics done on Nov. 18, send my medical info the second week of Dec., Received my Employment Authorization Document on Jan. 2 and my interview was 02/01/2011. Also the status online for I 130 is initial review, its been la like that a quite a while and the I 485 status is Request for evidence response review and its been like that sin Dec. 15th when they received my medical info.

Edited by Marcial

If you are adjusting from a tourist visa then you are posting in the wrong forum - suggest you ask in 'Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas', which is below this forum. However, here's my tuppence worth...

It would be helpful to have some actual dates. There is a timeline facility associated with your VJ profile where you can fill these in. It helps out other users to.

But, from the sounds of what you have said, you have not been denied. The IO just needed more time to review your case. If she said it may be a couple of weeks, give it a couple of weeks and then call USCIS if you have still not heard anything.

I am not sure about the I-130 - this is a question you can ask in the other forum - but as you are adjusting status from a tourist visa I would be surprised if you need this. If you have already reached the interview stage for your Green Card there is no real reason why they would continue processing on an I-130. Once you have your green card, the I-130 becomes unnecessary, as the GC affords you permanent resident status.

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Ok I entered with a tourist visa on June 2010, Got married July 2010, filed packet on Oct. 22, got my biometrics done on Nov. 18, send my medical info the second week of Dec., Received my Employment Authorization Document on Jan. 2 and my interview was 02/01/2011. Also the status online for I 130 is initial review, its been la like that a quite a while and the I 485 status is Request for evidence response review and its been like that sin Dec. 15th when they received my medical info.

Wow! thats amazing. Entering the US on a tourist visa falling in love and getting married withing a month. How often does that happen.

Forgive my sarcasm because if you got your tourist visa and was your intention to get married you have managed to ccircumnavigate a very long and expensive process the rest of us have had to put up with and navigate. There might be legal ramifications.

A good sign is that they took your I-94 card. I hope all goes well for your AOS.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Wow! thats amazing. Entering the US on a tourist visa falling in love and getting married withing a month. How often does that happen.

Forgive my sarcasm because if you got your tourist visa and was your intention to get married you have managed to ccircumnavigate a very long and expensive process the rest of us have had to put up with and navigate. There might be legal ramifications.

A good sign is that they took your I-94 card. I hope all goes well for your AOS.

I had a long distance relationship with my wife, we just decided to get married once i came here to visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.