Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts


My husband is a US citizen, I was in H1B status. We got our I-130 approved and sent to the local office (indicated on the I-130 form). I have 2 year home residency requirement which I could not waive and went to the home country (Ukraine). I'll be applying for IR1 visa to re-enter. As I understand, my husband needs to file I-824 to transfer the approved i-130 to Kiev, Ukraine. I have couple of questions.

- What do I mark in Part 2 reasons for request B or D? Reading the i-130, it looks like D but there is no place to indicate Kiev embassy.

- What are the processing times for i-824?

- What will happen after i-824 will be processed? Will i-130 be transferred to the embassy?

Thank you!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.