J / A

EEA Family VISA. Looking to move back to the UK to be with my German fiance who lives and works in England.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Stuck between either wanting to go the K-1 route and have my fiance marry here and start her journey in the States or going back to England for a couple more years to live, work and travel. My German fiance currently lives and works in England and we have heard of the EEA Family VISA the UK offers which would allow me to share the same rights she has to live and work there. Does anybody have any information on this VISA, suggestsions or advice? I have read it is free, but have read it's best to hire lawyers and use a courier service to speedy up the process from initial filing to stamp in passport to under two weeks. How long does the whole process work without lawyers and couriers?

Just looking for any information at the moment. Will be making a stop to google to search for a UK VISA forum next but thought I'd begin my information seeking here.

Thanks in advance,

- JP

K-1 Visa Timeline:

04/03/2008 - Met by chance while vacationing in Costa Rica. Travel 3 weeks together. We kiss on final night together

06/05/2008 - I visit her in Germany, travel and stay together for 5 weeks. We hit it off big time

11/27/2008 - She moves in with me while I live and work in England on 2 year working VISA

08/03/2010 - 2 year working VISA expires, I move back to the States, sadly leave her behind in England

11/16/2010 - Fly her out to Paris and propose to her in front of Eiffel Tower. She says yes :)

01/03/2011 - I-129F, K-1 Packet sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS registered mail

01/07/2011 - Delivered, January 07, 2011, 6:38 am, DALLAS, TX

01/18/2011 - Packet rejected (incomplete, missing info)

01/19/2011 - Scrap USA plans, decide to live in UK few more years

01/28/2011 - Biometrics Complete & UK Visitor Marriage Visa Fed Ex'd next day delivery w/Priority Service

To come:

03/26/2011 - Our marriage in London

- EEA Family Permit (6 months right to live and work in UK)

- EEA2 Visa (5 years right to live in UK)

??/??/201? - Move back to America to raise family once kids come into the picture

Heh, definitely not free! Check out the uk-yankee forum as they handle going in teh opposite direction. Good luck!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.