Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am a US citizen and my husband is a student on F-1. I am going to file I-864 for my husband. I earn less than 125% poverty line, that is why, I am considering to combine my father's income with that of mine. I know that this will increase my household size to 3, but by doing so our household income will be more than 125% of poverty line. My father is my dependent and he lives alone, while I live with my husband at a different address. My father receives sufficient retirement social secuirty, but his own income is not at 125% poverty line to sponsor my husband, however, combined with my income, it will be more than enough. I wonder if he can be a sonsoror and fill I-864A. It is a confusion because in I-864 instructions it says "An unrelated dependent can be a household member even if this unrelated dependent does not live with you". However, my father is my dependent who is not living with me, but he is my "Related Dependent" as he is my father. Can he be a sponsoror in I-864A?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...