9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My husband went for his interview in Lebanon December 28th 2010 everything was fine until he got the white slip 221g AP. They needed a letter from me (wife) why i did not file taxes in 2009. Also couple papers from him about his work. We turned it in the next day. Does anyone know how long it will take? I hope not long.

Timeline

We have been in AP in Lebanon for over a year now (since October 2009) and still no word from the embassy about when my husband will be cleared. Every case is different and you may be in AP because they needed more paperwork for you so I believe when they look those over, you should be okay. My case, on the other hand is different because at the interview he was not given the 221g paper, he was just told that they needed to do more background checks on him and they're not sure how long it's going to take. So here we are, over a year later still waiting...All I can say is that I hope 2011 is a better year for not only my family but for everyone elses going through AP. Please give us any update, I'd really appreciate it!

Good Luck.

Timeline

Wow! That is a really long time! Have you emailed them and asked them why it is taking that long? I will for sure update you guys once my husband hears from the embassy. I just have been reading how AP has took so long for people it scares me. I hope it won't take long for him.

Good Luck to you also i hope you will hear from them soon!

Timeline

E-mailed the embassy asking how long the AP was going to take. They told me they are on a 3 week backlog from the day they received the documents so that was the 29th of December. So will see how long it takes exactly.

Timeline

That's good news because then I hope after the 3 weeks they will clear your husband and he will receive his visa! I e-mail the embassy almost every week (they probably know me by now) but I always get the same generic response, "We cannot predict how long it will take; will contact him as soon as his AP is over". It has been almost a year and a half and you can probably imagine how stressful it has been for me. I'm hoping our journey will end soon...Good luck and keep us posted!

Timeline

I can't imagine the stress you've been through 1 year and a half is tooo long!!!! I hope soon you will hear good news!

They gave it back to him....Then after the next day i emailed them and told them that my husband returned the extra documents they needed and they said they are on a 3 week back log and will let me know when the processing is over. I emailed my friend he has a organization that helps people from over seas to come to the states, and i told him my situation. He told me its a good thing that they told him to return because if they wanted to completely deny him they would of never told him to come back with the extra papers.. So we will see what happens I'm praying that this journey ends soon with Good News! I am going to e-mail them again after one week to see whats going on.. I will keep you posted.

Timeline

Did you e-mail the embassy yet? I did and I got the same answer from them...that we have to wait. I hope that the three week backlog that you are taking about is the reason why my husband's case is STILL pending. Maybe the end of this month will be a good one for the both of us? I have my fingers crossed.

They returned my husbands passport too which is why I asked you; they said it's because they're not sure how long the AP will take and what if he needs his passport for any reason. They said they'll tell him to come in with his passport when they're ready to issue the visa which is what I believe they did for your husband too. Anyways, keep us updated and I will also continue to let you know what's going on. Take care!

Timeline

I actually e-mailed them today and im now waiting for an response. It is 3 weeks today!!! I hope the response they give us is good and we dont have to wait anymore...I will let you know what they say tomorrow.. Keep me updated also.. Thanks

Edited by melakie02

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.