Amos&Radio

London Embassy : E - Mailing about a re schedule

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello there everyone!

I recently e mailed the embassy to re schedule my interview date for the K1 Visa, to the e mail address londoniv@state.gov as instructed by the operator.

However, I have been waiting over two weeks (16 days today) and I still have not received a reply.

I never received an e mail to say that they were looking into a new interview date and as such, I called the embassy operator line again and the man there told me that the original date of the 9th December had been removed from my record, implying they were looking into a new date.

Does anyone have any experience of re scheduling interviews in London? How long did you have to wait for an e mail reply? Did you e mail them again?

And once you had a new date, did this come in the post or by e mail? I called an operator yesterday and she told me to not e mail them again as this would anger them and maybe increase the delay in getting a date!

Also, a friend of a friend said they had rescheduled an interview and apparently the embassy doesn't like you doing this, so made them wait 3 months to get a new date! Although I think this could be a case of stories being confused! Is it true the embassy doesn't like reschedules? Surely it's a common request.

My fiancee is flying over in a few weeks and I was hoping we would have a letter to show passport control at Heathrow Airport, so she could prove the reason for her visit (which is to accompany me to the interview) She is going to bring the I129F packet as well as all the approval letters we have so far - do you think this will be enough? Or does anyone have any other suggestions as to what she can bring / say?

I apologise for all the questions - it's just we are trying to get this sorted before she comes over, so we don't have any problems at passport control and we have a rough idea when the interview will be.

Thank you so much for your help everyone, we really do appreciate it! :)

Edited by Amos&Radio

But if you don't know what your interview date is how has your fiance already bought tickets to accompany you to your interview?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

I rescheduled my K1 interview back in June and I received a reply very quickly. They gave me a date that someone else had cancelled earlier than my original date. Did you include the code for the week on your email? If you did then I should have thought that you'd receive a response. My rescheduled date was sent via email.

Timeline

How strange, I just got an e mail now saying that I have a new date booked in January, which is perfect!

@AmyKathleen - We used the timeline tools on this website and did a lot of research to make a prediction as to when the interview would be - I actually got one much earlier than I thought so hence the reason for rescheduling. It's not something I would recommend to others as I don't think they take too kindly to you rescheduling. I'm just really pleased we have a date now and all being well we can fly back to America together in March to start our new lives!

@Y+E - Yeah I included that code, thank you for your help though :)

Also, if anyone else reads this - my fiancee called DOS yesterday - they have access to similar information to the ridiculously expensive operator assisted line, so unless you need an e mail code, you can just call DOS and they can tell you if a new interview date has been assigned yet.

Edited by Amos&Radio

Glad the Embassy got back to you. For anyone wondering about this in the future, 2-3 weeks is a pretty good estimate of when to expect a reply as to rescheduling. You should get something sooner if you are trying to reschedule earlier, but otherwise you will have to wait a little while, because they only schedule so far in advance and will only email you once it is scheduled (if that makes sense). Generally you wouldn't have to wait much longer than that, unless I guess they have an incredibly busy time plus holidays.

Timeline

Thank you Joanna, we are so pleased!

Also - in case this is useful to anyone in the future - the embassy won't e mail you back to confirm they have the e mail and are rescheduling you - they will simply e mail you when they have a date and as Joanna said - this could be 2 - 3 weeks. For us it was approx 17 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.