cherriesss

Packet I, I-130 Cover Letter

1 post in this topic

Hello VJ Members.

I wanted to post a cover letter for Packet I (filing I-130 Petition) in case it is useful to you. Thanks to other VJ posters whose contributions I partially drew inspiration from. :thumbs:

----------------------------------------------------

(Month) (Day), (Year)

Officer in Charge

U.S. Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services

United States Embassy

(City), (Country)

To the Officer in Charge:

I am a United States citizen legally residing in (specify country). I am married to a (specify spouse’s country of citizenship) citizen. I wish to return to the United States at the earliest convenience and desire to have my (husband/wife) come with me to make our permanent residence there together. At this time, I would like to submit the required documents to file our I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.

In support of my petition, enclosed you will find the following documentation:

Petitioner's Documentation – LAST NAME, First Name (DOB MM/DD/YYYY)

- Completed and signed I-130 Petition for Alien Relative form

- Copy of the biographical page of my unexpired U.S. passport

- Copy of my U.S. birth certificate

- Completed and signed G-325A Biographic Information form

- One passport-style 2”x 2” color photograph of me taken on MM/DD/YYYY

Beneficiary’s Documentation – LAST NAME, First Name (DOB MM/DD/YYYY)

- Copy of the biographical page of his unexpired (specify country of citizenship) passport

- Copy of (his/her) birth certificate and official translation

- Completed and signed G-325A Biographic Information form

- One passport-style 2”x 2” color photograph of him taken on MM/DD/YYYY

Marriage Documentation Required by I-130

- Copy of our marriage certificate and official translation

- Collection of photographs documenting our ongoing relationship

All supporting documentation filed is in the form of true unaltered photocopies. I hold the original documents and am prepared to submit them if requested by an Officer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at (specify phone number) if I can collaborate any further.

Your review and consideration is much appreciated. We thank you in advance for your assistance in processing our petition!

Sincerely,

First Name, Last Name - Petitioner

----------------------------------------------------

My Visa Journey:

Dec-15-2008..... Got Married!

Aug-20-2010..... Filed I-130 at U.S. Embassy

Sep-15-2010..... NOA 1 Received

Sep-23-2010..... Packet 3 Instructions Received from U.S. Embassy

Nov-19-2010..... Packet 3 Handed in to U.S. Embassy

Nov-19-2010..... Packet 4 (Appointment Letter) Instructions Received from U.S. Embassy

Nov-20-2010..... Medical Examination Completed

Dec-06-2010..... Interview - Visa Approved!

Dec-13-2010..... Visa In Hand!

May-02-2011..... Port of Entry - IR-1

May-16-2011..... Social Security Card Received

May-21-2011..... Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.