joseph22

UK medical

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Question about the medical:

We have our medical scheduled for a few weeks from now.

I understand my fiance should be bringing medical history with her...but I'm wondering how in depth:

She is originally from Brazil:

Obviously we have vaccinations records, which were created in Brazil (have them translated?)

What other records would we need?

Records of minor surgeries/doctor's visits?

Its difficult to keep track of all doctor hospital visits when one moves around the world so much....

I dont even know if she has anything similar to a consolidated medical history document.

She has never had anything major done.

What do you think?

Do we nneed to inquire for some sort of documents from every doctor in UK visited even for minor visits?

She usually goes to public health centers, so is not like one doctor has a solid history on her....

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Question about the medical:

We have our medical scheduled for a few weeks from now.

I understand my fiance should be bringing medical history with her...but I'm wondering how in depth:

She is originally from Brazil:

Obviously we have vaccinations records, which were created in Brazil (have them translated?)

What other records would we need?

Records of minor surgeries/doctor's visits?

Its difficult to keep track of all doctor hospital visits when one moves around the world so much....

I dont even know if she has anything similar to a consolidated medical history document.

She has never had anything major done.

What do you think?

Do we nneed to inquire for some sort of documents from every doctor in UK visited even for minor visits?

She usually goes to public health centers, so is not like one doctor has a solid history on her....

There's a very detailed form in the packet to read through & take with you. It explains it all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance has the packet...not me.

She is perpetually confused.

From what I can tell, the packet says...make appointment with case number and bring medical and vaccination history with you.

Which led me to my question as to how detailed a medical history people brought.

I have nothing to go by....so any suggestions I can pass on to my fiance from someone who ACTUALLY attended a medical is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

I had my medical exam at the Knightsbridge doctor in London in April 2006. I did not bring any medical records ith me except my vaccination records and the required photo.

I firstly filled out some paperwork - what a surprise! and signed the HIV test waiver. Then I met a nurse who x-rayed my chest - think this is for TB?

Next I saw the doctor and we went through several forms of medical history and she asked me general questions about any surgeries, sexual disease, pregnancies etc. She evaluated my mental health - again this involved questions for example whether I had ever been treated for depression, tried to commit suicide etc. She gave me a very basic sight and hearing test and tested my joints - moved my legs up once! and listened to my breathing. She drew blood for the HIV test - they are actually testing you for a lot more than just HIV, there is a whole list that she let me see but I didn't even know what half of them were to remember now.

Finally I met a nurse and we went through my vaccination history. Although I had had the MMR jab I did not have sufficient proof for them - no batch number or doctor's signature on my record so they wanted to give it to me again - for gbp35 of course! Instead I went the next day and received it from my NHS doctor for free and then took the batch no. and signature back to the Knightsbridge doctor.

They told me if I didn't hear from them within 10 days I could presume everything was ok, which it was.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.