Tim and Erin

Medisys medical review

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Two days ago I had my medical at Medisys in Montreal. The appointment was for 1 p.m. I recommend that nobody attempt to drive in that area during the lunch hour rush. :wacko: Traffic was horrible. I've lived in Toronto before, but I've never seen traffic so congested! So much honking and impatient drivers weaving in and out of tight spots. I wasn't driving, so I closed my eyes several times when I just couldn't bear to look. It was my 75 year old auntie driving! :help: God love her...she deserves a medal! :thumbs:

Anyway, after a 4 hour drive I got to my appointment with only 5 minutes to spare. I was in and out in exactly one hour. Most of the time was spent waiting to be called to various rooms for different parts of the examination. At reception I was asked for passport, photos, interview letter. I had brought the wrong letter...the confirmation email that had my interview date on it...instead of the one I got in the mail that had my case number on it. :bonk: LUCKILY the day before I had been clearing my desk of little scraps of note paper and happened to look at my case number...and I thought "gee, that's an easy number to memorize if one had to"...and subconsciously I did! Because I was able to write it down for the receptionist. She was kind enough to call the embassy to confirm my case number, then said "You have an excellent memory." I was just lucky that my case number has ALOT of zeros and sixes in it. :D

I sat down and filled out a form that asked basic health questions, handed it back to receptionist and waited to be called.

First the doctor...he asked a few basic questions...what kind of meds I was on and for what reason (I gave him a note from my doc about that)...I was told to put on a gown and leave socks and underwear on. He looked in my eyes, ears, throat...felt my glands...poked around on my abdomen...listened to my chest...did a breast examination (about 5 seconds for those who are wondering)...had me stand and felt all the way down my spine and asked if I had any back problems (no)...there was no examination or poking or prodding from the waist down (also for those who are wondering).

Next I think was bloodwork...one vial...then onto the scale for weight and height measurement. Oh and as I was stepping on the scale they were bringing a gentleman in to have his bloodwork done. He was stepping on the scale as I stepped off, and ANOTHER person was herded in. They were processing people pretty quickly.

I had an eye exam as well...just reading a chart with and without my glasses. Also had two chest exrays...one from the front, one from the left side.

All of the staff were friendly, professional, and gentle as well. Like I said, I was only in the building about an hour. I was also given a number to call in a few days and let them know when I would be picking up the results.

I'm so relieved that the medical is now behind me and I can concentrate on the final step to getting home. Good luck to anyone else here whose medical is coming up soon. :)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Two days ago I had my medical at Medisys in Montreal. The appointment was for 1 p.m. I recommend that nobody attempt to drive in that area during the lunch hour rush. :wacko: Traffic was horrible. I've lived in Toronto before, but I've never seen traffic so congested! So much honking and impatient drivers weaving in and out of tight spots. I wasn't driving, so I closed my eyes several times when I just couldn't bear to look. It was my 75 year old auntie driving! :help: God love her...she deserves a medal! :thumbs:

Anyway, after a 4 hour drive I got to my appointment with only 5 minutes to spare. I was in and out in exactly one hour. Most of the time was spent waiting to be called to various rooms for different parts of the examination. At reception I was asked for passport, photos, interview letter. I had brought the wrong letter...the confirmation email that had my interview date on it...instead of the one I got in the mail that had my case number on it. :bonk: LUCKILY the day before I had been clearing my desk of little scraps of note paper and happened to look at my case number...and I thought "gee, that's an easy number to memorize if one had to"...and subconsciously I did! Because I was able to write it down for the receptionist. She was kind enough to call the embassy to confirm my case number, then said "You have an excellent memory." I was just lucky that my case number has ALOT of zeros and sixes in it. :D

I sat down and filled out a form that asked basic health questions, handed it back to receptionist and waited to be called.

First the doctor...he asked a few basic questions...what kind of meds I was on and for what reason (I gave him a note from my doc about that)...I was told to put on a gown and leave socks and underwear on. He looked in my eyes, ears, throat...felt my glands...poked around on my abdomen...listened to my chest...did a breast examination (about 5 seconds for those who are wondering)...had me stand and felt all the way down my spine and asked if I had any back problems (no)...there was no examination or poking or prodding from the waist down (also for those who are wondering).

Next I think was bloodwork...one vial...then onto the scale for weight and height measurement. Oh and as I was stepping on the scale they were bringing a gentleman in to have his bloodwork done. He was stepping on the scale as I stepped off, and ANOTHER person was herded in. They were processing people pretty quickly.

I had an eye exam as well...just reading a chart with and without my glasses. Also had two chest exrays...one from the front, one from the left side.

All of the staff were friendly, professional, and gentle as well. Like I said, I was only in the building about an hour. I was also given a number to call in a few days and let them know when I would be picking up the results.

I'm so relieved that the medical is now behind me and I can concentrate on the final step to getting home. Good luck to anyone else here whose medical is coming up soon. :)

Thanks for posting this!! It's nice to hear a first hand experience on the medical. Will be helpful for my husband to see what to expect. You are getting so close now!! Good luck on the rest. :)

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How far is Medisys in Montreal from the US consulate? We are coming from Alberta for interview? It would be hard for us to go there for Medical and come back again for interview. I was wondering if we could be intervied the same week as the actual inteview date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

canadianboy,

In reading some of the embassy reviews for Montreal, (or in other threads here on the forums, it all melds together after a while! :lol: )I've seen that some people get their medicals done a few days before their interviews. But since I am nowhere near that stage in the process, I hope someone else can come in and correct me if I'm way off base. :P

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How far is Medisys in Montreal from the US consulate? We are coming from Alberta for interview? It would be hard for us to go there for Medical and come back again for interview. I was wondering if we could be intervied the same week as the actual inteview date?

people sometimes do the medical 2-3 days before the interview. Montreal does 2 day service, say you do your medical on Monday you can pick it up Wednesday. Just realize that you will have to be in a hotel for at least 3 days.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you can map the location with google maps, start with the medisys address and link it to the consuls address. You can add your hotel address on there too and show all 3 and how close they are etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 5 months later...

I also had a really great experience at Medisys. I showed up an hour before my appointment time, but they started me through the process right away. It might have taken a little more than an hour, but I wasnt keeping track of time. Everything went very smoothly and quickly. All the staff were great. I would definitely recommend going there!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Medisys is less than 10 minutes walk form the Consulate. I would recommend not driving and commute on the subway instead (and get off either at McGill or Place-des-Arts station). It's a 5 minute walk from either of those stations. Or stay at an hotel nearby and walk. Traffic can be horrible downtown Montreal.

You can have your medical done up to 3 days prior to your interview and pick up your packet the morning you are interviewing. I would recommend calling the day before your appointment with the consulate to ensure they have your packet waiting for your at their front desk. Should your packet not be ready on time, you can still do your interview as they will provide a sealed envelop to give to the consulate. Once your results are ready ask Medisys to mail the packet to you and you will have to mail them to the consulate through DHL with your passport.

Medisys opens at 6:45 AM and you can walk to the consulate and be there 10 minutes later. That's what I did and my fiance and I were 2nd in line. We were out of the consulate by 8:30.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Traffic in Montreal is disgusting. My husband lived in Repentigny which was about 20 minutes north. When I was looking for a job a couple years ago, I stayed up there for a couple weeks at a time and I would drive into Montreal to have lunch with him every so often. The 40 is CRAZY. A 20 minute drive would take an hour easily, and that's at lunchtime. Imagine how ridiculous it is in the morning.

When we got our interview date, I made him get his medical ASAP to make sure there were no issues. It was probably being paranoid, but we had the advantage of basically living in Montreal.

J-

Edited by Jill & Jeff

Our Story

03-05-2008: Met Online (World of Warcraft)

04-19-2008: Met in Person and Started Dating

04-19-2009: Engaged

08-07-2009: Married at Laconia, New Hampshire

USCIS

10-21-2009: Mailed I-130

10-26-2009: NOA1

05-17-2010: NOA2

Our I-130 was approved in 203 days from our NOA1 date

NVC

05-25-2010: Called NVC to receive case # and submit emails

06-01-2010: AOS Fee Paid

06-09-2010: Opt-in accepted

06-16-2010: E-mailed I-864 package

06-23-2010: IV Fee Paid

07-12-2010: E-mailed DS230 package

08-04-2010: Email from NVC - Case Completed

NVC process completed in 71 days

CONSULATE

12-07-2011: Received consulate interview date

12-13-2010: Medical Exam (Medisys)

01-07-2011: Interview - APPROVED!

POE & POST INTERVIEW

01-16-2011: POE Highgate Springs, VT

01-22-2011: SSN Card Received

01-24-2011: Receipt Letter Arrived

02-10-2011: Biometrics Appointment (uncommon for CR-1)

03-15-2011: Welcome Notice Received

03-19-2011: 2 Year Green Card Arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I will be coming in from Alberta also. I plan on flying in and having my medical on day one, waiting out the three days for results and then go to interview and hope to fly home right after the interview. Staying there 4 days would still be cheaper than flying back and forth. Now if I would just get the letter with a date on it.

I also had a really great experience at Medisys. I showed up an hour before my appointment time, but they started me through the process right away. It might have taken a little more than an hour, but I wasnt keeping track of time. Everything went very smoothly and quickly. All the staff were great. I would definitely recommend going there!

Absolutely, me too. :) They were excellent. The waiting room was packed by the time I get there, but people were constantly being called and brought to different rooms and everything flowed SO smoothly. I was very impressed with how organized they were. And friendly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.