bluberry

Time Line for an AOS from TN

5 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

The USCIS received my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox on September 1st, 2010. I had an RFE on Sept 29 and they recieved my reply October 4th.

My biometrics appointment was October 14, 2010. I'm just wondering how long do I still have to wait for before I get my greencard as I am getting anxious to go visit my family back in Canada. I am on TN status now and working in the US. My entry was in March 2010 and I got married in July of 2010. My husband works for the government and we both have clear backgrounds, similar in age and have the same profession and are well above the poverty limit. With my AOS I even sent pictures of our wedding to them.

What do you guys think?? When will I get my greencard????

Thanks so much!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure why wouldn't you. You did not say if your husband is a USC but if he is then your timeline is about 3 months if everything goes smoothly. On your last entry in March, what was your intent - was it to get married and adjust status? It is possible that the IO will ask you about this - a TN should have a non-immigrant intent upon entry. For us, we explained (I Was a TN now have a GC) that it wasn't until I got pregnant that we decided to adjust status. our intent all along was to immigrate to Canada but since my status was tied to my job and I wasn't sure I was going back to my job... that we need to adjust.

You don't have to wait to get your green card to go back to Canada - you can get your AP however that comes so shortly before the GC that why even bother. don't leave the U.S. and expect to come back on your TN. You also don't need to apply for your EAD as you are already working with USCIS authorization.

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes my husband is an american. I entered the US in March to go to work, and also because I chose to finally move to the US to be closer to my work. The plan was to get married in 2011 or later but seeing how expensive it was getting for me to be on my own, we decided let's just get married and adjust status afterwards. So 3 months after my move we got married. I adjusted status 2 months after the wedding.

The last time I renewed my TN, in January 2010, I informed that officer that I was engaged to an American. He still issued me a TN, probably because he's seen me cross to go to work for the past 2 years. I was working the US prior to even knowing my husband. Do you think my situation poses any kind of issue with intent??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.