msd

Applying to a college

16 posts in this topic

If that question is still directed towards me, my degree is in Medical and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. I guess it's a good thing I chose my "Vertiefungsfächer" as Biology and English in High School already.

Now I'm just wondering about this: When I send them my High School Diploma for evaluation of the last 2 non-compulsory years, do I just include Diploma and the last two report cards or ALL of the High School Report cards?? It matters because I'm probably going to need a translation. No?

And do they also require the High School to send it to them directly or is it okay if I send them myself? It's hard enough already to get my University to send all my Bachelor's stuff over...grr.

Also, is there any estimate on how long the evaluation will take once they have everything?

I understand that THEY have to send it to the College I want to apply to rather than me sending a copy after they are done. So I kind of need to time it right. Would look weird if they got my evaluation before I actually send the application in. ^^

Oh and would I still have to take a GED??

I wanted to ask the college all this but two of my emails were flat out ignored and I can't call them yet.

Actually I want to apply for next summer but I want to be prepared.

Thanks for the help btw, I'm really appreciating the info.

You will want to contact the institution and ask them whether they hold on to transcripts and evaluations if they are sent prior to the applicant submitting their documentation. I worked for a school registrars office and we held ours for just a couple of months (every school is different on this) and then tossed them. If we had the individuals in our computer system already, their documents were safe.

WES can give you the evaluation time-frame. You can also expedite the process by paying more.

Also, No to the GED in most cases. This will depend on the outcome of the assessment. If it shows you hold a high school or equivalent, no GED is generally required.

Edited by hithalynn

06-15?-2009: Starting talking on dating website
07-06-2009: Met in person in Roseville, CA
09-09-2010: Sent I-129f to TXS Lockbox
09-13-2010: NOA1 received
02-02-2011: NOA2 Notification Sent - Approved!!!
02-04-2011: NVC Received
02-09-2011: NVS sent to Vancouver consulate
02-14-2011: Received by Vancouver Consulate
02-15-2011: Packet 3 sent by Vancouver Consulate
02-18-2011: Packet 3 received
02-18-2011: Packet 3 sent back to consulate
02-19-2011: Interview date received!!! Letter on its way!
03-23-2011: Medical at Woking Clinic, Vancouver BC (AM)
03-23-2011: Interview at Vancouver Consulate (PM)
03-23-2011: APPROVED for K-1 Visa!!!! biggrin.png
04-27-2011: POE
05-03-2011: Sent AOS, AP applications
05-06-2011: NOA1 received for AOS and AP
05-06-2011: Applied for SSN. Application successful
05-09-2011: Received SSN by visiting local card center
05-10-2011: Biometrics appointment notice, June 1, 2011.
05-13-2011: Received SSN Card in Mail
06-01-2011: Biometrics appt. in Sacramento, CA
09-16-2011: EAD approved
09-26-2011: AOS Interview in Sacramento
09-26-2011: Green Card (2 yr conditional) granted

02-03-2013: Separated - Return to Canada

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.