midge and isi

Medical Paperwork

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Update:

Israel went for shot series 2 today. They had originally said it would be two shots. He only got one and now needs to go Oct 6th for number 2. Wondering if this will be the last one or if there will be another one later on in 4 or 6 months?

They also did not have his papers ready- they said in October they will have it.

I hope all the fall/early winter interviews for Ghana have started their process for medicals! It seems they can't get anything done in a timely fashion.

Lets keep waiting.

Mr. K might be able to fill in a little more later this week when his fiance goes- see what differences we will see!

Take care all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks for the info! My fiancé is going next week.

Jen and Babs

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Timeline

Mr. K might be able to fill in a little more later this week when his fiance goes- see what differences we will see!

My fiancée :) made her second Akai House vaccination visit today and received her fifth injection (30 Ghana cedis). She was advised to return in four weeks to receive the last injection (30 GHC). She will also pick up the results from her medical examination (results ok) and proof of the injections on that day.

From what I was told, they are spacing the three vaccination visits as far apart as possible, as long as you are able to get them done before the interview. So, when your SO has their medical exam and first set of vaccinations and then inquires about when the results will be ready, Akai House will answer that question with a question: “When is the interview date?” Of course the interview date should have nothing to do with when the results will be ready. I guess Akai House is just trying to have all paperwork ready before the interview, and that is good enough for them.

The vaccinations went like this: First visit=4 injections; second visit=1 injection; third visit=1 injection.

On another note, the total cost for a police report is 40 GHC: It’s 20 GHC for the report, and 20 GHC for the pictures. Although the Ghana police website says to bring passport size photos, they are now requiring you to take photos at the police office [cha-ching!!]. The passport size photos are allegedly too large to fit on the application. In two weeks time, the police report is ready for pickup.

Timeline

Well at least she got the same answer for when to pick up the results! We will be a few days before you- so we will let you know how it is! Israel however has his vaccine records, they let him keep it from the first visit to.

Did you request your police certificate already? One of the recent interviews said to get it just about a month out... I know you are closer then me- but we are going to request it exactly at one month to be on the safe side....

Thanks for the info on the cost of the passport pictures at the police station. I knew it was 20 for the certificate- but really 20 for the pictures is exactly what you said for money! Oh well....

Thanks again. we are all eachothers life lines at this point!

Timeline

Did you request your police certificate already? One of the recent interviews said to get it just about a month out... I know you are closer then me- but we are going to request it exactly at one month to be on the safe side....

Yeah, the paperwork was filled out for the police report. However, once it is picked up it will be dated within one month of the interview. The person at the police office is making sure we're covered.

Edited by Mr. K

Timeline

Cool! Israel is going to go November 1st. Its suppose to take two weeks so I will see how others do- if not I will have him go a few days earlier....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.