annatenna

I751 - TSC can't find my receipt number.

23 posts in this topic

UPDATE: It's just before 7pm Friday 18 Aug. Someone has just come to our door with a letter which had been wrongly delivered to their mailbox, down the road !

Guess what! It's my appointment for biometrics in Oklahoma City on 28 August at 10am. :thumbs:

It's lucky we have some good neighbours here.

Thanks again everyone for your assistance and moral support. I'll post again after the appointment.

DH had his fingerprinting done at our local ASC (Charleston, SC) today. Over the last couple of days, we've even received more paperwork from TSC! Here's what we've received so far:

I-797C NOA (with a Receipt Number) dated 8/3/06 - RECEIPT NOTICE noting receipt of our $205 check and stating that alien card is extended 12 months.

I-797 NOA (with an Application Number) dated 8/3/06 - stating "conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year", and further stating that we would be receiving a biometric appointment notice.

I-797C NOA (with same Application Number shown) dated 8/4/06 - stating appointment date, time, etc. WE RECEIVED THREE COPIES OF THIS EACH IN SEPARATE ENVELOPES. THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. Go figure. When my husband initially checked-in, they stamped one of these with a Biometrics Processing Stamp, but he was not given anything else after the biometrics were captured.

We are assuming that until he receives his new residency card in the mail, he just continues to carry his Conditional Residency Card (which expires 10/29/06) together with the I-797 NOA stating that his conditional resident status is extended for a year.

Congratulations on receiving your appointment notice, Annatenna!!

Denise

Edited by DDL

Visit my Blog

Filed: Timeline

DDL , my wife's process is slightly ahead of yours so we ought to be a good barometer of what you might expect timewise. Her Conditional Green Card expires 10/16/2006.

If her Permanent Green Card shows up out of the blue like her Conditional one did last year, I'll be sure to post it ASAP so that you and your husband can start running to the mailbox everyday with a purpose. Of course, with this whole random process, your husband is just as likely to get his before my wife. You never know with these regional Service Centers.

DDL , my wife's process is slightly ahead of yours so we ought to be a good barometer of what you might expect timewise. Her Conditional Green Card expires 10/16/2006. If her Permanent Green Card shows up out of the blue like her Conditional one did last year, I'll be sure to post it ASAP so that you and your husband can start running to the mailbox everyday with a purpose. Of course, with this whole random process, your husband is just as likely to get his before my wife. You never know with these regional Service Centers.

Thanks, mjpyro!

DH wasn't too impressed with the Charleston service center. His appointment was at 11:00. He wasn't called for fingerprinting (which took 10 minutes) until 12:45. No "hello" "good-bye" or "thank you" from anyone. Of course, most of us realize the pressure they must be under having to process the numbers that they do, but it really only takes a couple of seconds, doesn't it, to smile and be nice. :yes:

Denise

Visit my Blog

Thanks for the update, Denise.

It seems we both received the 3 letters (but you had one of them in triplicate) :D

You'd think they could arrange it so that one letter covered it all, save on paper, postage, manpower.....but then, that's far too sensible.

Never mind, all's well that ends well. Glad your husband got it sorted out - the staff he met sound like real darlings! ;)

And adding yet to the confusion :wacko: is the fact that today dh received another I-797C "ASC Notice of Appointment" for biometrics with a date of 8/24/06...looks like a phone call is in order Monday morning :whistle:

Denise

Visit my Blog

And adding yet to the confusion :wacko: is the fact that today dh received another I-797C "ASC Notice of Appointment" for biometrics with a date of 8/24/06...looks like a phone call is in order Monday morning :whistle:

Denise

:unsure: Well now - maybe he would finish up with 2 greencards - then he could sell one on E-bay

(er...only joking USCIS.....)

And adding yet to the confusion :wacko: is the fact that today dh received another I-797C "ASC Notice of Appointment" for biometrics with a date of 8/24/06...looks like a phone call is in order Monday morning :whistle: Denise

:unsure: Well now - maybe he would finish up with 2 greencards - then he could sell one on E-bay

(er...only joking USCIS.....)

:lol::lol::lol:

Visit my Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.