Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks mandaNchris :thumbs: I'm a little better today actually...

I was wondering if those of you who have received their biometrics letter, did you get a e-mail notification of it being sent?

I think nickbits has his appointment today, wonder how it went!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I was wondering if those of you who have received their biometrics letter, did you get a e-mail notification of it being sent?

Didn't get any notification nor did the online status change but we did get a touch 1 week before the letter was in our hands.

And yep she has her bio today, so I'm hoping for some approvals soon! We're hoping to go back to Canada for US Thanksgiving.

Timeline

Didn't get any notification nor did the online status change but we did get a touch 1 week before the letter was in our hands.

And yep she has her bio today, so I'm hoping for some approvals soon! We're hoping to go back to Canada for US Thanksgiving.

Ah, good! So I guess I'll keep an eye for a touch! Do you get an e-mail notification when you get a touch?

I hope you get your approvals soon too! I probably would be nice to go home and visit!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Ah, good! So I guess I'll keep an eye for a touch! Do you get an e-mail notification when you get a touch?

I hope you get your approvals soon too! I probably would be nice to go home and visit!

No emails/notifications for touches, you have to login and check.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't get a specific text or email from USCIS stating that my biometrics apt was made... however I did get 4 exact emails/texts stating they received my application blah blah blah... turns out it was 3 NOAs and an appointment letter.

Don't worry Vero, I am sure you will be fine. You're relationship is legit so it isn't too hard - you just need to be yourselves! Or cross your fingers you will get to skip the interview process. That's what I am doing!... lol

Also - I got a 'touch' on Oct 22.

Edited by Tater&Bugger

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my biometrics letter today!! Have appointment for November 12th! :dance::star::dance:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

User .......... AOS sent .... NOA1 ....... Bio. App ... AP/NOA? .... AP - Result ... EAD NOA? ... EAD Result ... AOS Result

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Rose416 ....... 09/25/10 ... 10/08/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 10/08/10 ... -----------.... 10/08/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Vero and Chris. 10/06/10 ... 10/18/10 ... xx/xx/xx ... 10/18/10 ... -----------.... 10/18/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

J & J ......... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Wishing ....... 10/11/10 ... 10/20/10 ... 11/12/10 ... 10/20/10 ... -----------.... 10/20/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Alaba ......... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Valerie78 ..... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

nickbits ...... 09/16/10 ... 09/24/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 09/24/10 ... -----------.... 09/24/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Brenda2010 .... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Tater&####### .. 10/08/10 ... 10/19/10 ... 11/09/10 ... 10/19/10.... -----------.... 10/19/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Congratulations Wishing!!! :thumbs: That's good news!!! Where is your appointment?

I can't help but being a little envious though :blush: , that was quick! And now, I'm definitely worried! How come I didn't get one yet??? :(

Does anyone know who I should call to enquire about it? nickbits probably knows :P , nickbits if you're reading this, who do you think I should call?

And here I was thinking I was done with all this b.s.

Timeline

Congratulations Wishing!!! :thumbs: That's good news!!! Where is your appointment?

I can't help but being a little envious though :blush: , that was quick! And now, I'm definitely worried! How come I didn't get one yet??? :(

Does anyone know who I should call to enquire about it? nickbits probably knows :P , nickbits if you're reading this, who do you think I should call?

And here I was thinking I was done with all this b.s.

Don't worry I'm sure its in the mail and will get to you any day now Vero! Easier said then done:( My local office is Fresno, California. I thought that office was going to be super busy but apparently not. Maybe wait until Monday and then start calling...although I'm not really sure how long is too long for a bio appt letter...? I would imagine you are right on schedule.

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

I got the letter for my biometrics appointment in the mail soon after I received my NOA.

I am sure yours is coming Vero. The appointment itself is so easy. Took me less than 10 minutes to get everything done. Now I am on to the next step: opening up a bank account!!!!

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement, but I'm not getting my hopes up... Star_shine who's from NC had to get her congressman involved to get a letter, after having waited two months... It makes me nervous because we're somewhat close, and I hope it's not a trend in the southern offices... But there's not much I can do at this point!

Congrats Rose416! Another step completed! How did your cookout/party go?

Oh, and thanks nickbits for the info about 'touches', I just now saw it! :thumbs:

Timeline

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement, but I'm not getting my hopes up... Star_shine who's from NC had to get her congressman involved to get a letter, after having waited two months... It makes me nervous because we're somewhat close, and I hope it's not a trend in the southern offices... But there's not much I can do at this point!

Congrats Rose416! Another step completed! How did your cookout/party go?

Oh, and thanks nickbits for the info about 'touches', I just now saw it! :thumbs:

It was great! Thanks for asking. The weather turned out to be sunny and warm. We had a little rain in the evening, but by that point we were all so hot from dancing, it was really refreshing.

How was your party?

I hope you get your letter soooon! I don't think you should start worrying just yet. I was freaking out about my SSN card taking so long, and just when I started to panic, it arrived in the mail (:

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Timeline

Haha, thanks Rose416, just as I was talking to Chris' mom about how I hadn't gotten the letter yet, it came in the mail today!!! Yeah! Appointment is November 24th!

User .......... AOS sent .... NOA1 ....... Bio. App ... AP/NOA? .... AP - Result ... EAD NOA? ... EAD Result ... AOS Result

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Rose416 ....... 09/25/10 ... 10/08/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 10/08/10 ... -----------.... 10/08/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Vero and Chris. 10/06/10 ... 10/18/10 ... 11/24/10 ... 10/18/10 ... -----------.... 10/18/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

J & J ......... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Wishing ....... 10/11/10 ... 10/20/10 ... 11/12/10 ... 10/20/10 ... -----------.... 10/20/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Alaba ......... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Valerie78 ..... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

nickbits ...... 09/16/10 ... 09/24/10 ... 10/28/10 ... 09/24/10 ... -----------.... 09/24/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

Brenda2010 .... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... xx/xx/xx ... -----------.... xx/xx/xx ... ---------- ...-----------

Tater&####### .. 10/08/10 ... 10/19/10 ... 11/09/10 ... 10/19/10.... -----------.... 10/19/10 ... ---------- ...-----------

So, here's something that's worrying me though... On the USCIS website, my AOS still says it's in the "Acceptance" step. But the paragraph below syas: "The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received." So, I haven't had a touch since 10/21/10... Wonder what's wrong with that... :wacko:

Edited by Vero and Chris

I can't wait to be in the AOS stage with ya'll! Wedding is soooon 14 days away...Very excited.

How was everyones halloween?

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

I can't wait to be in the AOS stage with ya'll! Wedding is soooon 14 days away...Very excited.

How was everyones halloween?

Gosh, two weeks! You guys must be so excited!!! Any family coming from Canada? I don't know if I've asked that before...

Halloween was fun, but I was a little shocked by the sluttiness of the average american woman... Most of them confused Halloween parties for Playboy parties...

Gosh, two weeks! You guys must be so excited!!! Any family coming from Canada? I don't know if I've asked that before...

Halloween was fun, but I was a little shocked by the sluttiness of the average american woman... Most of them confused Halloween parties for Playboy parties...

yes..i got some family coming in.. They have never been here before, well exept my mom..because of the surprise visit, but they are all very excited!

Halloween was fun here too.. Josh's family always has a halloween party for family and friends on the weekend. You can dress up if you like, I ended up being a pirot this year! Didn't see much of any trick or treaters down this way tho.. Maybe because it was on a Sunday?? Who knows!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.