MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:crying: :crying: You are a gift to ALL of us JAP... a Phenonmenal Woman you are!!!! :star:

:crying: :crying: :crying: Yes you are correct I second that :thumbs:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is my biggest obstacle, and I still am not sure how I will overcome it...

The man is a father at his convenience, he comes and goes at will, and does not pay child support.

He moved across the US and let a year and a half go by without seeing his son, but now he is back in Cali...

Right now, I don't know how, or if, I will get his permission :unsure:

At this point he thinks we are still waiting on the immigration process and I am leaving it that way, and giving it to God...

Do you "have" to get his permission? I mean, if he is not financially carrying the load in raising your son then how and why would he have a say so in how and where you raise him? He doesn't sound like he would have the where-with-all to legally go after you and because I know you, you would make sure that your son would make yearly trips to visit friends and family as to stay connected. I'm just sayin' :unsure:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm hoping I don't have to go for my stepdaughter's interview.

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamerican, when Michael called me that night to thank me and tell me he would not let me down, I told him all I care about is that he does not let YOU down. Love each other, with all your talents and your flaws, do your best every day to lift each other up and not tear each other down. It's as simple and as hard as that.

God bless (F)

Someone might not be able to hlp you now but maybe when you're living in Paradise :dance: and need help, one of us or all of us can help :star:

But I like what you told Michael, that's the best thing that you can ask him to do.

The man is a father at his convenience, he comes and goes at will, and does not pay child support.

He moved across the US and let a year and a half go by without seeing his son, but now he is back in Cali...

At this point he thinks we are still waiting on the immigration process and I am leaving it that way, and giving it to God...

Ouch that's a jam to be in :blush:

Do you "have" to get his permission? I mean, if he is not financially carrying the load in raising your son then how and why would he have a say so in how and where you raise him? He doesn't sound like he would have the where-with-all to legally go after you and because I know you, you would make sure that your son would make yearly trips to visit friends and family as to stay connected. I'm just sayin' :unsure:

I was going to say the same thing. If immigration doesn't question her or if he doesn't have court ordered visitations then she's fine to take him without permission.

I'm hoping I don't have to go for my stepdaughter's interview.

Knowing those heart fools at the embassy, you might need to go...

Lata yardies, me and hubby are going to find something to do other than me going home and being a pain in his neck about my situation.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

please... noh mek mi out to be a hero :blush:

we all help each other in the ways that we can...

that was the way I could help, God put it on my heart to do so, and I did...

(((VJ)))

You aint no hero :rofl: just a phenomenal woman.. all you've had to overcome and STILL willing to help others when called upon! Now just take the title mi give ya! Cho! lol

Timeline

:yes::yes::yes:

But I think down syndrom is easier to swallow than mental retardation, kiss teeth, no it aint, it's the same thing! But I feel horrible that I can be the one to pass it down to him/her...

Then the worry goes on to future pregnancies :(

JaPrincess :yes:

Sorry to hear what you mentioned KJ. Hope for the best. I have a "rebel Jamaican friend" with 2yr old fraternal twins. Her daughter is Down Syndrome. But trust me she is so adorable. You as a parent will learn to overlook what society may classify your child as.

Also i work with individuals who have mental disorders. I must say that one who i really enjoy has the diagnosis of Fragile X. Ironically we both are December babies. When i used to work in his day program, everyday he peeped in room to give me a picture he drew and to say "Monique i love you and Monique i want to marry you." He always made my day.

With that said just be optimistic and do your reading and ask questions to get a better understanding of what may be.

Keep your head up girl!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

May/June smiley-angelic001.gif

Ohh that's sooner than I thought. That's great! This is a quicker wait than the VJ process.

She looks exactly like her mom EXACTLY!! Lol

If the father is on the birth certificate, he is automatically the father in JA. Thats what the lady at the embassy told me.

So nope no DNA just approved and a wisk away on the plane to be with daddy.

My husband loves that little girl to death. I mean death. He is really strict on her but you can tell he only wants the best for her. She is adjsuting well, and trying to loose her accent. Its so funny. Ima video tape her on my camera so yall can hear her. America is getting to her! My kids laugh all the tiem because school,Disney channel, our house and Nickolodeon has changed her words and tone. Speech intelligibilty is at a very high level lol

Yes PLEASE record her. I'd love to hear her. It's such a beautiful accent though, hate to see her lose it all. I remember Tre saying how mean the kids were to her so maybe it's for the best. (Sigh) Kids can be so mean..

Hello everyone....wanted to come on here and officially give the update on how our interview went on Friday... Most(if not all) may already know some of what happened but here it is in full....brief but full.

Michael went for the interview and at first he said the officer couldn't understand him so the CO told him to hang up the phone and try again...Michael said though that he could see before he even started asking questions that there was his name written on the blue slip already. After the normal questions...he was told that I would need to let them know when I could come back to the embassy for an interview and I would need to bring a cosponsor paperwork. Some of you may remember I was attempting to use assets in my Affidavit of Support but thought that they might require a co-sponsor as well. Long story short...I had a "friend" lined up to be that co-sponsor and the week before she backed out wanting me to have an immigration attorney write up some sort of amendment to the AOS...ray ray ray....ultimately I told her NEVER-MIND and we would attempt the interview with assets alone....

anyway...you can all imagine how I must have felt to #1 have to go down to JA short notice and #2 find a co-sponsor. Trying to remain positive I went ahead and booked a mileage tkt(blessing #1) :dance: I had been holding onto for me to fly out Sunday Dec. 5th and return Friday Dec. 10th. This was the only time open in Dec to use these miles and happen to fall the week before my finals so I will only miss my review (blessing #2) :dance: I wrote a letter to the embassy telling them how much of a financial hardship this was and how when I had asked to attend when I could have planned I was denied.....rae..ray...rae..I told them if they were unable to waive my attendance then I need them to accomodate my schedule and book the interview on Dec 7th or 8th... OF WHICH THEY DID :dance: (blessing #3) Next I started compiling a letter to write to my friends...taking great care to explain all of the technical mombo jumbo and putting it in laymans terms to advise of responsibilities and requirements to be a co-sponsor. Having to dispell many of the myths that those not involved in this process have...Not feeling 100% comfortable with the feeling of begging people to help me. Along with opening up all of my personal business....THEN MY 4th BLESSING OF THE DAY.....

One of my VJ sisters sent me one of many emails supporting me and assuring me that it will all work out....along with saying that she said she really felt that she needed to be my/our co-sponsor. She understood how I must be feeling not because she had been in the same situation but similar and people really reached out to her so she felt that it was her turn to reach out to me... (F) (F) (F)

I was in such shock that someone who only knows me from this board and FB would show me so much love...I could do nothing but cry :crying: and thank her repeatedly. Now, I know yall is some nosey heffers :rofl: and part of me want to leave the story hanging since we havent had one of Dara's story in a while.. :whistle: So...But I won't be mean... MY ANGEL WHO WILL BLESS ME WITH MY HUSBAND IS....... (L)Danna (L)

Oh and to my ATL sisters...I have a 10 hour layover in Atlanta on my way back...so....I may be looking to one of yall to rescue me from the airport (at least to go for drinks or dinner???)

WOW!! Add me to list of those who teared up. This is SUCH a heart warming story and shows how strong our connection is to one another all because we joined a website to help bring our hubbies over. I never imagined I'd meet such great women and have life long friendships. JaP that is soooo nice of you. Like Tee said what makes you so amazing that you aren't just closing up and being down about your change in course, you are reaching out and helping others. Like Kj, I love what you said to Michael! I love, love, love this play of events. You know you two need to link up no whether here in the states or better yet at YOUR new home in JA!

Morning all!

Congrats Jamerican and big ups to Danna -

So, I just realized that Air JA's baggage limits are 70lbs! I was trying to stay as close as possible to the 50 - HUGE sigh of relief, lol!

Dyaaam I need to ONLY fly on this line. 70lbs is about right for us.

That sperm donor does not deserve to have a say. If you can just go, then go I say. That's a crying shame that he has such a beautiful (inside and out) son and chose to just blow him off for over a year. From what I've seen Astley is waay more of a father to Imanni than his sperm donor ever was or even ever could be.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful new Moira it really restores my faith in mankind. You see so many injustices and people just plain acting selfish and mean that it's refreshing to hear something so nice, and unselfish. With that said, you really do deserve this Moira and I'm sooo happy you (1) getting to sneak off to JA , (2) got your interview on the date you wanted, I know it's the least they could do with the mess they called, (3)be able to bring hubby home for CHRISTMAS!!!

So happy today all because of my VJ sistrens!!

As for us we are off to see Vaughn's great-grandma in the hospital. Not sure what is wrong but hope it's not too serious. It's such a blessing that Vaughn has a great-grandma and she lives across town from us. She is such a sweet lady.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....wanted to come on here and officially give the update on how our interview went on Friday... Most(if not all) may already know some of what happened but here it is in full....brief but full.

Michael went for the interview and at first he said the officer couldn't understand him so the CO told him to hang up the phone and try again...Michael said though that he could see before he even started asking questions that there was his name written on the blue slip already. After the normal questions...he was told that I would need to let them know when I could come back to the embassy for an interview and I would need to bring a cosponsor paperwork. Some of you may remember I was attempting to use assets in my Affidavit of Support but thought that they might require a co-sponsor as well. Long story short...I had a "friend" lined up to be that co-sponsor and the week before she backed out wanting me to have an immigration attorney write up some sort of amendment to the AOS...ray ray ray....ultimately I told her NEVER-MIND and we would attempt the interview with assets alone....

anyway...you can all imagine how I must have felt to #1 have to go down to JA short notice and #2 find a co-sponsor. Trying to remain positive I went ahead and booked a mileage tkt(blessing #1) :dance: I had been holding onto for me to fly out Sunday Dec. 5th and return Friday Dec. 10th. This was the only time open in Dec to use these miles and happen to fall the week before my finals so I will only miss my review (blessing #2) :dance: I wrote a letter to the embassy telling them how much of a financial hardship this was and how when I had asked to attend when I could have planned I was denied.....rae..ray...rae..I told them if they were unable to waive my attendance then I need them to accomodate my schedule and book the interview on Dec 7th or 8th... OF WHICH THEY DID :dance: (blessing #3) Next I started compiling a letter to write to my friends...taking great care to explain all of the technical mombo jumbo and putting it in laymans terms to advise of responsibilities and requirements to be a co-sponsor. Having to dispell many of the myths that those not involved in this process have...Not feeling 100% comfortable with the feeling of begging people to help me. Along with opening up all of my personal business....THEN MY 4th BLESSING OF THE DAY.....

One of my VJ sisters sent me one of many emails supporting me and assuring me that it will all work out....along with saying that she said she really felt that she needed to be my/our co-sponsor. She understood how I must be feeling not because she had been in the same situation but similar and people really reached out to her so she felt that it was her turn to reach out to me... (F) (F) (F)

I was in such shock that someone who only knows me from this board and FB would show me so much love...I could do nothing but cry :crying: and thank her repeatedly. Now, I know yall is some nosey heffers :rofl: and part of me want to leave the story hanging since we havent had one of Dara's story in a while.. :whistle: So...But I won't be mean... MY ANGEL WHO WILL BLESS ME WITH MY HUSBAND IS....... (L)Danna (L)isn't that just the most amazing thing??? :crying: :crying: :crying:

Oh and to my ATL sisters...I have a 10 hour layover in Atlanta on my way back...so....I may be looking to one of yall to rescue me from the airport (at least to go for drinks or dinner???)

this is great >>i am happy things are falling in place

Aww, that's so sweet! :star:

Where does he work, if you don't mind me asking.

He works for a pool company....

I can't tell you how happy I am for you, when 1 door closes, a better one opens because I'm sure you going to be way happier living in JA than here.

I can so relate to you being excited about an appliance because me and hubby still lives with family and once in a while if we see something cheap we'll buy it and put it away for when we move. So far I bought what I believe is thebest pot and pan set in the world and I was so excited about it so dance around for your stove girl! :star:

I thought she had to do a paternity test before she came??

There is alot of questions when it comes to these situations, my nephew is 12 yrs old and my brother was 15 when he supposedly got this 18 yr old girl pregnant. The mother is fair skinned, my brother is DARK skinned and the child is RED skinned with BROWN hair :blink: ! Unfortunately, back then, paternity tests were blood tests where they would just compare the blood type, which makes no sense because Michelle could've slept with Michael and Mike that has the same blood type but a suh it go, some things are better left unknown.

You look beautiful! :star:

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

You know it was the other day that I was thinking to myself and trying to remember who it wa that said something in regards to being a parent and you flipped on the person and said they can judge when they have had experience raising a child who is bipolar I could be wrong or imagining things but it rung a bell when you said that.

That isn't just a disablity or learning disorder, it's mpre than that me. All I'm picturing is my child being 3 and ready to go on to preschool but instead, has the mentality of a 1 yr old, being a teenager and having the mentality of a 6 yr old...

But your story made me smile though.

God never give us more then we can handle we just have to bew determined to handle it.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Morning VJ Family (F)

I think sometimes we understand each other better than our own family could.

This process takes everything out of you. It tests your patience, your nerves, your trust and your faith. Without having been tested like this, how could someone ever really understand what it feels like...? I am sure that is why this place is so valuable to each of us, because we can come here when we are feeling weak and defeated and have a sounding board of people who truly understand!

When jamerican told me that her co-sponsor backed out at the last minute I was VEXED! I mean, okay, it's a big responsibility, and if you don't understand the immigration process, it can be daunting... but if you don't feel comfortable, tell me you're not comfortable... right? Don't wait till a week before my life is on the line to tell me you're backing out :angry:

So all that week I glanced at the stack of papers I had prepared to file our CR1, and every time I looked at those tax transcripts I thought of jamerican. :( Knowing my husband and I have no chance of getting through the embassy, and having all these papers just sitting there... papers that would give someone that chance... I told myself that if she could not get a co-sponsor, that I would talk to my husband about helping her...

When I got the news that Michael had been turned away, all I could do was remember what it felt like... to wait months and months for that interview day, and to leave disappointed, deflated, and wondering if it will ever happen :( For us, there was nothing anyone could do, but for jamerican there was :yes: How could I possibly look the other way??? :no:

So I called Astley, and I tell him the situation, and I tell him that I want to help her. Of course he agree we should help. He knows all too well what it feels like to be turned away at that embassy in Kingston :(

Jamerican, when Michael called me that night to thank me and tell me he would not let me down, I told him all I care about is that he does not let YOU down. Love each other, with all your talents and your flaws, do your best every day to lift each other up and not tear each other down. It's as simple and as hard as that.

God bless (F)

you two women are amazing and i know everything will work out.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Brooke, you inspired this too, don't think you didn't...

I will never forget how hard I cried, or how blessed I felt that day in August when I got your message offering to help me :crying:

(L)(F)(L)

Aww... I say ** U.S. immigration - VJ sisterhood to the world!! Seriously though what you have done is amazing! You have brought husband and wife together!!

I may be fooling myself with the 6 month time frame m0425.gif

I have heard it can be done, and I have heard that I am crazy to think it can :wacko:

either way, the man has a LOT of work to do! :yes:

Hubby says "of course that is enough time"..so nuh worry! lol Remember if you ever need any help along the way on the house his unlce is a very good contractor. I'm glad Astley know's someone and I bet he's happy to be able to take care of all of this for you after all you have been doing trying to get you two together. You're gonna need to have a house warming party and we'll all come! :yes: Girl, you may need to build a hotel instead of a house. :rofl:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well,we had a really nice visit with Vaughn's great grandma. Eventhough she is sick her spirit and faith are high. She recently celebrated 53 years of marriage and said the two key factors to a happy, long lasting marriage are love and determination. It kind of made me chukkle because I think those are the two key requirements to enduring this visa journey. What I also found great about her is that she recognized that times are different and although she has lived her life one way she knows that isn't always possible these days. Bless her!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable hump day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.