MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys and gals... hope all is well in the Yardie room!!!

Need a little help: I-129f forms... when they ask for city, province, and country...

As Jamaica has no provinces, but parishes... how are you guys answering those questions?

In other words... Ocho Rios(city), St. Ann (province), Jamaica (duh!!)..... or just St. Ann (city) and Jamaica (country)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jew- That's great! It really seems like you guys worked it out in no time. I think Janay is pretty and not very common. When is your due date again? You are JQ are do at the same time, right?

Yeah, we are both due on my birthday Jan 14. Couldn't have planned that.

As for your question Thompson.

Girl, just say NO. Cause, it is like Eric says, they know you in the U.S. and think you got money. If you keep saying yes and keep sending money, then just plan on keeping that up.They will just keep asking and want more and more, then the stuff they are asking for will get bigger and bigger.

Hey all. Eric is in JA this week and I am so lonely. I started the latch hook method on my twist. And found some very neat latch hook kits that I can start work on. So I think I am going to buy some patterns and work on them. I hate being home and knowing that he isn't coming home at night. Man it is different, once you have been living with someone for a while.

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Timeline

Need a little help: I-129f forms... when they ask for city, province, and country...

As Jamaica has no provinces, but parishes... how are you guys answering those questions?

In other words... Ocho Rios(city), St. Ann (province), Jamaica (duh!!)..... or just St. Ann (city) and Jamaica (country)?

For Eric's we put

city- Cedar Groove, Behtal Town

province- Westmoreland

Country- Jamaica

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

Timeline

I think this is right. For my hubby we put Montego Bay (city) St. James (Parish), and of course JA (country). It's a little different then what we're used to, but it works. Don't over thing (even though I think most of us did). These forms and this process will drive you nuts and have you overthinking every dyam thing. Just ask if you have any other questions.

Yeah, we are both due on my birthday Jan 14. Couldn't have planned that.

As for your question Thompson.

Girl, just say NO. Cause, it is like Eric says, they know you in the U.S. and think you got money. If you keep saying yes and keep sending money, then just plan on keeping that up.They will just keep asking and want more and more, then the stuff they are asking for will get bigger and bigger.

Hey all. Eric is in JA this week and I am so lonely. I started the latch hook method on my twist. And found some very neat latch hook kits that I can start work on. So I think I am going to buy some patterns and work on them. I hate being home and knowing that he isn't coming home at night. Man it is different, once you have been living with someone for a while.

LOL.. I'm lovin' all the just say "NO" responses. It's true though and my fear was if I said yes once then that would be eat. How could I then say no. Especially a friend. One thing if his family is in trouble, but we don't have the money to help neighborhood friends.

I feel for you with hubby in JA. It's so true now that I live with hubby I think how did I ever deal with just going and visiting him every few months. You get spoiled real quick with having them live with you, even though you may want to choke them at times..lol These times apart really make you realize that even though they may annoy they are worth it in the end!.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning, All.

Love it Finesse! Thanks so much. I was feeling guilty, but you made me feel much better. You are exactly right , the more you say yes the more they will ask. If it was a one time emergency then that would be one thing, but I know it would lead to all the time, which is why I didn't even want to start it.

I WISH people would ask me instead of my husband. I would ask a bunch of questions first, to where they would feel so uncomfortable that they wouldn't even WANT to ask again unles for a very good reason.

Such as:

What do you need this money for?

Is this something that came up all of a sudden (illness) or something that you know you'll need (food)?

What are you doing to make money?

What have you been doing with your $ such that you don't have enough?

Why were you driving the car if you couldn't afford to repair any damages you caused? (Don't get me started on this one. I only let people borrow my car if I know they're responsible drivers and/or have insurance to fix any potential damages.)

What do you plan to do in case this situation happens again?

So I have all this mentally prepared, but haven't had the opportunity to use it as people don't come to me. Instead, they go to my [overly] generous husband.

I've let him know: it's one thing to help old people and children. It's another thing when an able-bodied person is not doing anything to make money and just expecting donations. So now if he wants to help certain people in certain situations, it comes out of his own funds and not the household budget.

-------

Something I found humorous:

I kept in touch with one person (or, he kept in touch with me) for years after I spent a month in Africa (Gambia, Ghana, Senegal). I remember the time he asked me to send him sneakers. The part that made me laugh was that he didn't want ANY sneakers. He wanted a very specific new type from Nike. I had to laugh (and say no) because I wouldn't even buy myself sneakers that expensive.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

So like I said earlier, Eric is back in the Yard. He should have went to see his baby mother today, to see if she will sign the paper to allow Tenielia (daughter) to immigrate to U.S. I am so nervous, Eric really just asks once and then gives up, so I hope he pu his foot down this time. Cause it is so very different. Her interview is the 2nd and we gonna need that letter to travel. :blink:

e7G5m4.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So like I said earlier, Eric is back in the Yard. He should have went to see his baby mother today, to see if she will sign the paper to allow Tenielia (daughter) to immigrate to U.S. I am so nervous, Eric really just asks once and then gives up, so I hope he pu his foot down this time. Cause it is so very different. Her interview is the 2nd and we gonna need that letter to travel. :blink:

Does she live with her mom? We had her sign the paper and he went with her to a JP

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Timeline

Does she live with her mom? We had her sign the paper and he went with her to a JP

No. Her mom hasn't seen, called, wrote her since she was 7 DAYS old. She told Eric that she couldn't do it. So Eric moved back to westmoreland with his parents. She is currently living with them. But no court papers giving custody. That is why I can't understand why she didn't sign over her parental rights. Let me do the job that said you couldn't do.

So now Eric has to get her to sign letter giving her permission to allow Tenielia to immigrate.

YALL PRAY FOR US!!!!!! Will let you know something tomorrow

e7G5m4.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No. Her mom hasn't seen, called, wrote her since she was 7 DAYS old. She told Eric that she couldn't do it. So Eric moved back to westmoreland with his parents. She is currently living with them. But no court papers giving custody. That is why I can't understand why she didn't sign over her parental rights. Let me do the job that said you couldn't do.

So now Eric has to get her to sign letter giving her permission to allow Tenielia to immigrate.

YALL PRAY FOR US!!!!!! Will let you know something tomorrow

Well your story sounds like mine Andrae had Chrissy from the time she was 6 weeks and we got her to sign the paper back in May so when I file in October we don't have to deal with the fool.

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Timeline

Well your story sounds like mine Andrae had Chrissy from the time she was 6 weeks and we got her to sign the paper back in May so when I file in October we don't have to deal with the fool.

Girl.....We tried to get her to sign her parental rights away, same letter you emailed me. But she wouldn't. I wanted Eric to stay until he got all that out of the way. But he wanted to come. So now here we are. He went to where her parents live today, said noone was there. So he is going to go back later today and tomorrow. So we will see how that goes. I don't even know the girl,but can't stand her.

e7G5m4.png

Timeline

Good morning, All.

I WISH people would ask me instead of my husband. I would ask a bunch of questions first, to where they would feel so uncomfortable that they wouldn't even WANT to ask again unles for a very good reason.

Such as:

What do you need this money for?

Is this something that came up all of a sudden (illness) or something that you know you'll need (food)?

What are you doing to make money?

What have you been doing with your $ such that you don't have enough?

Why were you driving the car if you couldn't afford to repair any damages you caused? (Don't get me started on this one. I only let people borrow my car if I know they're responsible drivers and/or have insurance to fix any potential damages.)

What do you plan to do in case this situation happens again?

So I have all this mentally prepared, but haven't had the opportunity to use it as people don't come to me. Instead, they go to my [overly] generous husband.

I've let him know: it's one thing to help old people and children. It's another thing when an able-bodied person is not doing anything to make money and just expecting donations. So now if he wants to help certain people in certain situations, it comes out of his own funds and not the household budget.

-------

Something I found humorous:

I kept in touch with one person (or, he kept in touch with me) for years after I spent a month in Africa (Gambia, Ghana, Senegal). I remember the time he asked me to send him sneakers. The part that made me laugh was that he didn't want ANY sneakers. He wanted a very specific new type from Nike. I had to laugh (and say no) because I wouldn't even buy myself sneakers that expensive.

Wow Nat, you've got it down, but they all are legitimate and logical questions. I wanted to ask what it was for, but I decided not to even get into it because he could just make up a sad story and then I felt like once I gave once then it would be harder to say no in the future. If it was hubby's family then that is one thing, but not a friend. What would this friend do if Vaughn still lived down the street from him? I'm sure he would make do like he has been doing. I agree about helping the elderly and children, but not able body people (especially a man in his 20's). That is funny that a person you just met and then kept in contact asked for expensive sneakers. If he really needed sneakers just to cover his feet he would be greatful for any, even used ones.

Jew- I'm praying the paper is signed today, tomorrow the latest. I always tend to think it's the father's who just leave and are the bad parents, but you and Bajan's hubby's have shown me that it's not all men, that some men do indeed step up when the mother trips. Thank God these children have their father's grandparents, and now step moms.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Love it Finesse! Thanks so much. I was feeling guilty, but you made me feel much better. You are exactly right , the more you say yes the more they will ask. If it was a one time emergency then that would be one thing, but I know it would lead to all the time, which is why I didn't even want to start it.

JaEng- I would love to do to a photo shoot with you. You do beautiful work.

JG- it has been sloooow in here. When I have time to catch up and post a lot then you know the chatters are M.I.A. Congrats again on your job!

Sugar- Wow you just made it in time before that rude hurricane is coming through. Congrats and can't wait to see pics!!! I still can't believe that the island lost power for a year. Yikes!

A phone is NEVER an emergency. There is always someone else's to use. Food, shelter, school, shoes.....maybe in certain circumstances. Phones, cars, electronics....I think not.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we put:

Montego Bay

St. James

Jamaica, WI

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all (waving) wassssuuuupppp???

I am a little late but I got 2 cents to put in on a few things.....

Uhhhhh about the lending...I mean GIVING of $$$ to friends...uhhhhhhh NO. enough said.

about the signing of the paper so the baby can migrate to the US....I guess I am just ghetto cause I would have signed that paper a lonnnnng time ago! She hasn't seen the child in forever and the grandparents are raising her?? yeahhhhh NO, no tracking her down to ask her anythang!!!! I mean really, is the US or JA government gonna check that?

Ok, so yall now know I am a ghetto gal at heart!!! :)

Hope everyone is doing ok...chat later

Visa Journey

Service Center :

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

A phone is NEVER an emergency. There is always someone else's to use. Food, shelter, school, shoes.....maybe in certain circumstances. Phones, cars, electronics....I think not.

Exactly and to say a new, nice phone. Cho!

Hello all (waving) wassssuuuupppp???

I am a little late but I got 2 cents to put in on a few things.....

Uhhhhh about the lending...I mean GIVING of $$$ to friends...uhhhhhhh NO. enough said.

about the signing of the paper so the baby can migrate to the US....I guess I am just ghetto cause I would have signed that paper a lonnnnng time ago! She hasn't seen the child in forever and the grandparents are raising her?? yeahhhhh NO, no tracking her down to ask her anythang!!!! I mean really, is the US or JA government gonna check that?

Ok, so yall now know I am a ghetto gal at heart!!! :)

Hope everyone is doing ok...chat later

Uhhhhhh NO..enough said. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was thinking the same as you about baby mama's signature, but I think it has to be notorized. What if you couldn't find the baby momma though? What happens then? If she hasn't seen the child since practically birth, how are you suppose to tracl them down? I guess the embassy does care (as usual) and would say you must find her.

How is your case going along now? Hubby soon come??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.