midge and isi

Akai House for Ghana Updates (8-2010)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello!

So Israel went for his medicals today- have some information to share!

You can no longer get it done at the Akai-Osu House, you have to go to the Akai House in Cantoments near the embassy. He got all the way there to have to go back. So let your loved ones know this- unless something changes in the meantime.

He got there around 11am after traffic and the wrong location given...

He made the first stop at the cashier- paid 154GHC for Physical, lab work, and x-ray and 153GHC for vaccines. So about 310GHC today. The cashier then explained where to go for each thing....

He didnt have to wait long but said a lot of people were around. Everyone else who was there were diversity visas (so maybe this is really true on why all interviews are delayed)

He recieved 4 shots today but will return for 2 more in a month. (and maybe one more in 4 or 6 months if he isnt here). He will also be able to pick up the results on the same visit. For the additional shots it is now 30GHC, so an additional 60GHC for the total of about 380GHC. This could vary depending on the person though.

Overall he said it wasnt too bad. He was instructed to go for a furthur eye exam but wont affect results for the embassy!

He finished around 2pm. So 3 hours which for Ghana standards I dont believe is too bad!

Hope this helps!

8/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks! This is so helpful. Three hours is great!

Jen and Babs

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Timeline

Thank you sooo much. It helps alot. My Evans is so stuck on going to Holy Trinity. Nonetheless, this is great to know. I will definitely let him know.

154 cedis for Physical, lab and xray

153 cedis for vaccinces

30 cedis for each additional when he returns in one month ( 60 cedis)

total of 380 cedis.......

YOU are the best!!!!! Thank you and thanks Israel for me. God bless you both.

When I get information about Holy Trinity, I will post it as well that way people can have a choice of where to go.

TIMELINE

FEBRUARY 27,2009 - Meet

MARCH 27,2009 - Flew to Ghana to meet Evans and his family

APRIL 8,2009 - Returned to USA

FEBRUARY 10,2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - Received NOA 1 ( Hard Copy)

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - touched

NONE- RFE received

MAY 21,2010 - Touched

MAY 21,2010 - NOA2 received (EMAIL)

MAY 26,2010 - NOA 2 received hard copy

MAY 26,2010 - NVC received

June 10,2010 - NVC sent to Embassy of Ghana

June 14,2010 - EMBASSY received (got an e-mail after sending them an e-mail)

June 23rd - July 2nd - Going to Ghana

July 28,2010 - Packet 3 & 4

November 9,2010 - Medicals

November 15,2010 - Vaccinations (4 shots. the next 2 shots are on the 14th)

December 21,2010 - Interview

March 31,2011 - 2nd Interview

?? - Visa pick-up date

?? - EVANS arrival

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Get married

?? - Start AOS process

event.png

event.png

event.png

GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Flor- why wont he got to Akai? It sounded like it wasnt bad at all. I havent heard many going to Holy Trinity lately? Can you do everything there now? If he wants to call Israel and see how easy it was he can!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Midge.

I believe all the medical centers do all the tests now. However, it appears that Shalom will send folks to Medlabs to complete the serologicals but will compile everything together for the embassy. They also happen to be rhe cheapest (286 cedis, I believe).

Marriage: 09-12-2009

USCIS

4-26-10 Sent of I-130

10-07-10 Approved

10-12-10 Received hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

10-12-10: NVC has application but case number yet to be assigned.

10-18-10: Case number assigned.

10-19-10: Provided both email addresses

10-23-10: DS-3032 emailed; no response

10-28-10: Received IIN, dithering around instead of paying the fee

10-30-10: DS3032 Kit and I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment; In Process

11-03-10: I-864 AOS status 'PAID"; printed cover sheet and mailed I-846EZ package

11-04-10: I-864EZ AOS received and signed by N. Visa Center

11-05-10: DS-230 IV fee ($404) online payment

11-17-10: AOS entered into the system

12-03-10: IV fee paid ($404); In Process

12-06-10: DS-230 IV status 'PAID',

12-07-10: IV package mailed out

12-08-10: DS-230 IV package delivery; signed by N. Visa Center

12-14-10: DS230 entered into system; yay

12-29-10: SIF

12-30-10: Case Completed @ NVC

Total days @ NVC:79 I-130 to Case Complete 249 days

Consulate

08-25-11: Consulate Interview Schedule

xxxx: Medicals

10-20-11: Interview 8:30AM Need Co-sponsor

11-17-11: Visa granted

12-09-11: Picked up visa from Accra Consulate

filsm5.png

event.png

WZs0m5.png

Timeline

From the list we got at the embassy (which i dont have right now) some did and didnt have all listed- but then again it also had the wrong location for Akai house- so who really knows what they are giving us!

It seems the embassy doesnt update things often.... the only thing updated for sure was the visa feee increase! (Most of the paper work is repeated things and then for the K-1s they also gave us some spousal visa paperwork, old forms- if people arnt on a website like this one- they would never know!)

Well its done- if you get more information I am sure others would like it. But I think its nice to be able to go to one place and be done with it--once you get to the right place :yes: The prices at Akai recently went up (at least on vaccines), I think everything in Ghana has gone up.... so it will be interesting to see if the other clinics like Holy Trinity and Shalom have gone up as well....

-Midge

Timeline

Hello!

So Israel went for his medicals today- have some information to share!

You can no longer get it done at the Akai-Osu House, you have to go to the Akai House in Cantoments near the embassy. He got all the way there to have to go back. So let your loved ones know this- unless something changes in the meantime.

He got there around 11am after traffic and the wrong location given...

He made the first stop at the cashier- paid 154GHC for Physical, lab work, and x-ray and 153GHC for vaccines. So about 310GHC today. The cashier then explained where to go for each thing....

He didnt have to wait long but said a lot of people were around. Everyone else who was there were diversity visas (so maybe this is really true on why all interviews are delayed)

He recieved 4 shots today but will return for 2 more in a month. (and maybe one more in 4 or 6 months if he isnt here). He will also be able to pick up the results on the same visit. For the additional shots it is now 30GHC, so an additional 60GHC for the total of about 380GHC. This could vary depending on the person though.

Overall he said it wasnt too bad. He was instructed to go for a furthur eye exam but wont affect results for the embassy!

He finished around 2pm. So 3 hours which for Ghana standards I dont believe is too bad!

Hope this helps!

8/2010

Thanks for the info.

Do you have the address for this location... is the tel number 233-302-784-772? I'm wondering because even though the packet says Osu, when I visited it was also across the street from the embassy (as you stated).

So, you are saying all the results will be available on the date of the second visit?

Edited by Mr. K

Timeline

I dont have the actually address. Israel told me Akai House in Cantoments its the main branch I guess.... I think the phone number is the same- Israel called them. He said it was right near the embassy- so I am guessing thats the one you are talking about.

He said the test results will be ready when he goes in a month for the second shots- They give you the vaccine form that day so you can keep getting them added to it.... So hopefully they are there! Thats why I gave so much extra time- hearing other reviews- I rather be safe then sorry...

Timeline

When I called Akai House the number had changed from the info the embassy gave us. The area codes for landlines have all changed. The number I was told to call for information is: 233-302-784-772

Jen and Babs

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Timeline

He recieved 4 shots today but will return for 2 more in a month. (and maybe one more in 4 or 6 months if he isnt here).

How will this be handled if he is already here (U.S.) in that 4-6 mo time range you mentioned? Is it not required that all vaccinations must be done before receiving visa, and that some can be done in the U.S.?

Timeline

All vaccines do not have to be done before travel but they need to be in progress- at least the first set needs to be done for interview is my impression.

Ghana is one of the few that requires shots be done- most embassys do not require them to be done, just the physical, x-ray, and blood work. If you think of it- some people get their visas in 2-3 months after NOA-2, so they could never have all done.... Ghana allows us to get most done (and most likely cheaper then having them get them here after arrival) before they come with the wait that we have.

Hope that helps- and maybe others have info too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.