choir001

US Residence - 319b (Non-military)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Kim,

Yes I have checked it and I'm also on the Initial Review stage as of Nov 3rd... so maybe we will meet in VA!

Do you have any idea of how much in advance they let you know about the interview? Is it two weeks? a month? I too wish I had some idea about when the interview could be. Like you and your kids, I also can't wait to go to the US again, but in my case I cannot go until after the first week of January because the semester at the university doesn't end until the first week of January. Anyways, regardless of the date, I just hope to know it soon so I can plan accordingly.

Please keep me updated about any changes or news with your case,

Natalia

Hey Natalia,

Have you checked your online status recently? I just checked mine today and it is showing as in Initial Review as of Nov 4th.

I am interested to see where you are too, since we may end up in VA together.

When I called them a few weeks ago, they said it would take 6-8 weeks from receipt for my fingerprint cards for the clearance to be approved, so I guess the timing in correct so far. I just wish I could get an idea of when the appointment might be. My kids are due to be off school from Dec 16 to Jan 8, so it would be ideal if the appointment could fall so we could be in the US for their whole vacation. Knowing my luck, the appointment will be after Jan 1 and they will end up missing more school or we will have to keep the trip short. Poor things are desperate to visit the US again and have been waiting since the summer. I would hate to short change them.

Anyway, check you status and let me know.

Kim

• 4 months later...

Hey Natalia,

Glad to hear everything went well for you. My interview is tomorrow morning (March 30th) at 9am in Fairfax, VA. I have to tell you I am nervous, but after spending the past 48 hours wandering around DC, I am excited at the opportunity to become a US citizen tomorrow.

Please, please keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well and the interview passes quickly. I don't think I have been this nervous for years, I want to breath normally again - lol

Will update everyone later tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Kim C

Hi Kim,

Have not heard form you in a while... so did everything go well???

I had my interview in February and everything was great, it worked out perfectly since I was already in the US. I hope everything went smoothly for you as well.

Natalia

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi Kim & Natalie,

It's really wonderful to read this post and hope everything had gone smooth for you two.

I have had my green card for more than 9 years now, and my green card is going to expire Dec this year. I'm having a hard time struggling to get my green card renewed without going back to US. Then I read this post.

My husband is a US citizen, and currently he's working for a subsidiary of a US company in Beijing. Since I haven't stayed in US for more than 18 months after I received my green card, I never thought of applying for US citizenship. But after reading the post, I'm wondering if I'm eligible to file for 319b expedited naturalization. What do you think? Is there any way I can get more information about this 319b expedited naturalization? Do I need an immigration attorney to help me with this?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Ada

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.